• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Not blue pill.. but laughter's best medicine

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Facebook-o-Phobia
arrest of Egyptian cartoonist Islam Gawish shows again how the powers that be fear the power of social media to be the voice of dissent.

facebook_o_phobia__wissam_asaad-1.jpeg

After International Women’s Day
Celebrating International Women’s Day on March 8

8_march_women_day___doaa_eladl.jpeg

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Irish funny :p

Into a Belfast pub comes Paddy Murphy, looking like he'd just been run over by a train. His arm is in a sling, his nose is broken, his face is cut, and bruised, and he's walking with a limp.

'What happened to you?' asks Sean, the bartender.

'Michael O'Connor and me had a fight,' says Paddy.

'That little O'Connor,' says Sean, 'He couldn't do that to you, he must have had something in his hand.'

'That he did,' says Paddy, 'a shovel is what he had, and a terrible lickin' he gave me with it.'

'Well,' says Sean, 'you should have defended yourself. Didn't you have something in your hand?'

'That I did,' said Paddy, 'Mrs. O'Connor's left breast, and a thing of beauty it was; but useless in a fight.'

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True war stories, from Time's latest issue :eek:

Burgled Body Parts
March 31, 2016

Alas, poor William: researchers in the U.K. who analyzed Shakespeare’s grave with radar imaging said March 23 his skull was likely stolen more than 200 years ago. The playwright joins other noted victims of graveyard robbery.

ST. NICHOLAS
Sailors stole the remains of St. Nicholas (whom you might know as Santa Claus) in 1087 from what is now Turkey and took them to Bari, Italy, where they are today. The bones are said to emit a healing balm called manna.

GALILEO GALILEI
Supporters took three fingers and a tooth from the astronomer’s grave in 1737, some 95 years after his death. The fingers went their separate ways until 2010, when they were reunited for display in a Florence museum.

JOSEPH HAYDN
After the composer died in 1809, two admirers bribed a grave digger to give them his skull so they could check for a “bump of music” that might explain his genius. The cranium was only returned to his tomb in 1954.

ALBERT EINSTEIN
The physicist left behind instructions to cremate his body, but when he died in 1955 a doctor gave his eyeballs to Einstein’s ophthalmologist, who saved them in a jar that’s now kept in a safe-deposit box.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Fun fact: According to Greek legend there was a famous prostitute who managed to avoid a death sentence by showing the judges her boobs and arguing that it would be a crime against the Gods to destroy something so beautiful.

Before you ask, yes there are paintings of this. And yes, they’re amazing.

attachment.php

The courtesan named was named Phryne and she was indeed a renowned beauty, and was indeed was put on trial for a capital crime. And yes, the sum of her defense consisted of her stripping in court (helped by her lover/defendant) and asking the jury (all males) if they were prepared to destroy this.

But this is actually a very interesting case of Values Dissonance - the capital crime she was accused of was blasphemy. In Ancient Greek society, exceptional beauty was a sign of favor from the gods, and they took the idea that beauty indicated goodness with great seriousness. They even called their nobles Kaloi k'Agathoi, “the Beautiful and the Good.”

So by showing off her great physical beauty, Phryne was being very clever indeed, her argument essentially being “How could I possibly commit blasphemy if the gods have given me this body?“

I adore history.

"If these tits are legit, you must acquit."

http://www.factfiend.com/ancient-gr...59-Not-blue-pill-but-laughter-s-best-medicine

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,260