• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Non-Partisan "Future of Singapore" - FOSG

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
How the hell can FOS be non partisan if out if the 10 facilitators More than half of them are overtly linked to Function 8 and SDP and the day to day coordination and running of FOS is by Tan Tee Seng?

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats the reason why they are not in the more illustrious Resource Panel. Well Kheng Soon has to start some where. I thought he achieved remarkable success with the Resource Panel.

Also note who they left out amongst the Ops Spectrum lot.

How the hell can FOS be non partisan if out if the 10 facilitators More than half of them are overtly linked to Function 8 and SDP and the day to day coordination and running of FOS is by Tan Tee Seng?

Last edited:

Maximuz

Alfrescian
Loyal
More wayang NATO.

Have to agree. Thum Pingtjin is a first-rate scholar but a third-rate mind, whose work is often expository rather than insightful. Should've given him a miss, really. Chua Beng Huat, the papers of whom I had to read quite a bit in my studies, is a top-rate academic but a disgusting pig of an apologist for PAP's policies, despite his minor fracas with the HDB. In fairness though, when his work does not involve politics and governance, he was a huge influence on me.

Tan Cheng Bock is an authoritarian at heart, but more like an authoritarian with a heart, which is why he can go along with the PAP line all these years while dissenting now and then from the sidelines. I voted for him in the last PE where we could vote, and I will again if he's contesting, unlikely as it may be.

Don't know the rest of the FoS panel but seriously, it does seem like a low-barrier masturbatory exercise for Singaporean intellectuals to "weigh in," while doing absolutely fuckall.

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact is that the Future of Singapore is still PAP unless the opposition buck the hell up. If these people are really so influential, join the opposition during the next GE and kick PAP out. Stop talking!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Beng Huat “artwork” for inclusion has nothing to do with his time with HDB. Crafty burger. TCB legacy is from his time in Ama Keng. Thum hopefully matures.

Have to agree. Thum Pingtjin is a first-rate scholar but a third-rate mind, whose work is often expository rather than insightful. Should've given him a miss, really. Chua Beng Huat, the papers of whom I had to read quite a bit in my studies, is a top-rate academic but a disgusting pig of an apologist for PAP's policies, despite his minor fracas with the HDB. In fairness though, when his work does not involve politics and governance, he was a huge influence on me.

Tan Cheng Bock is an authoritarian at heart, but more like an authoritarian with a heart, which is why he can go along with the PAP line all these years while dissenting now and then from the sidelines. I voted for him in the last PE where we could vote, and I will again if he's contesting, unlikely as it may be.

Don't know the rest of the FoS panel but seriously, it does seem like a low-barrier masturbatory exercise for Singaporean intellectuals to "weigh in," while doing absolutely fuckall.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
That’s exactly what GCT and Old Man told Catherine Lim - if you want to criticise and comment, join the opposition. Which is absolute rubbish. Any man and his dog has every right to comment, criticise and crucify if need be.

Nobody has to play by PAP rules. Rules that they make up as they bump along from pillar to post.

The fact is that the Future of Singapore is still PAP unless the opposition buck the hell up. If these people are really so influential, join the opposition during the next GE and kick PAP out. Stop talking!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
NATO NATO NATO. Talk and criticize and condemn and comment all you buggers want.

At the end of the day, kiasu kiasee useless sinkies keep voting PAP. No difference.

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
That’s exactly what GCT and Old Man told Catherine Lim - if you want to criticise and comment, join the opposition. Which is absolute rubbish. Any man and his dog has every right to comment, criticise and crucify if need be.

Nobody has to play by PAP rules. Rules that they make up as they bump along from pillar to post.
It sounds like an excuse for those who are afraid to lose. WP played and won, spoke up in parliament rather than hiding in a miserable room full of anti PAP ego and feeling damn great about themselves at the end of every discussion. What's the point when nobody who mattered actually hears you?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not everyne is keen to be a politician. But you have to admit that PAP knows that and conveniently uses participating in politics as a license to control dissent and discussion.

Reminds me of primary school where the schoolyard bully will challenge everyone to fight by taunting them that they are afraid to lose. The lesser lights will scumb to it.

It sounds like an excuse for those who are afraid to lose. WP played and won, spoke up in parliament rather than hiding in a miserable room full of anti PAP ego and feeling damn great about themselves at the end of every discussion. What's the point when nobody who mattered actually hears you?

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not everyne is keen to be a politician. But you have to admit that PAP knows that and conveniently uses participating in politics as a license to control dissent and discussion.

Reminds me of primary school where the schoolyard bully will challenge everyone to fight by taunting them that they are afraid to lose. The lesser lights will scumb to it.
Great example of school bully. We were taught to stand up to them rather than hide in a classroom talking bad about them while they continue their bullying. You might lose but at least you stood up to them, that's courageous enough and might even inspire others to have the courage to do the same.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The mind is a beautiful thing and the first rule of any enagement is you dictate the terms of engagement and not the bully. Bullies pick on the weak but not on the smart ones who might be physically smaller.

Catherine Lim did not take the bait. She went on her usual cruise tours and gave talks while screwing around despite her age and being a divorcee and knew what freedom means.​

Great example of school bully. We were taught to stand up to them rather than hide in a classroom talking bad about them while they continue their bullying. You might lose but at least you stood up to them, that's courageous enough and might even inspire others to have the courage to do the same.

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The mind is a beautiful thing and the first rule of any enagement is you dictate the terms of engagement and not the bully. Bullies pick on the weak but not on the smart ones who might be physically smaller.

Catherine Lim did not take the bait. She went on her usual cruise tours and gave talks while screwing around despite her age and being a divorcee and knew what freedom means.​
I do agree that Future Of Singapore have the freedom to hide in a classroom talking about it... as they already had. Don't know whether they screwed around like what you described about CL though. Lol

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Yup. Are you CSJ?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
All NATO. Talk to the young people in Singapore. They are thinking how to JOIN the PAP and benefit not against them.

You guys are out of touch with the ground.

My in laws are here for visit. Very pro PAP. NTUC union young leaders.

Say CCS is a very smart guy. Looking at how much Singapore property is going to go up further and how many millions they are gonna make.

Future is bright in Singapore as far as the young ambitious people are concerned.