• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious NOL Jinx/Fatfuck paper general Ng Yat Chung appointed SPH CEO?!

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1620323855426.png

I, honestly I, I take umbrage at your first question. There are reporters from here who receive substantial uh, f-uh, funding from various sources, and I don’t believe that you would describe yourself as bowing to the needs of advertisers in doing your job. So I think that, please, ok, I, I, I, I would say, at least for SPH far ving(?) you know, we have always, we have always had advertising, and we have never, never conceded, and uh, to the needs of, uh, of the advertisers, alright, so we will always continue to provide fair, reliable, credible reporting. So, in be- in reporting the answer to this, I, I will tell you first that the, the question, the fact that you dare to question the SPH title for, for, for, for, in your words ah, conceding, to the words of advertiser, I take umbrage at the comment, because I don’t believe that uh, even where you come from, you, you concede, alright, in doing your job, you do not concede to the needs of advertisers. So I, I, I must call this out. Ok chair, Chairman is a gentleman, I'm not. SPH, the purpose of doing this is to make sure that SPH media will continue to do the job we have done so well for so long.

L H
L H
5 hours ago
If only his job performance was as strong as his hissy fit....

Dislike

View 2 replies

didumheir
didumheir
6 hours ago
Seriously, that is not the way to address the media, coming from someone leading a media company. Can't even keep his cool... How to lead a company....

View 5 replies

Jay Wai
Jay Wai
6 hours ago
So cocky for a paper general whose running two profitable businesses to the ground. So what if you are well-educated, that is no way to speak to a reporter in public. The whole Singapore knows SPH is the mouthpiece for the government.

SY Tang
SY Tang
3 hours ago (edited)
"I don't believe even where you come from, you concede in doing your job" SAF Gennerman level of English right here

Lawrence Low
Lawrence Low
4 hours ago
Seems that our scholar generals are not up to the task of handling the real world lol

Arun Raj
Arun Raj
5 hours ago
He got this position the easy way.. Lucky never bought any SPH shares.. Tomoro going to nose dive..

David Chang
David Chang
5 hours ago
"Do the job it has done so well for so long". Ownself evaluating ownself? Makings losses and also tumbling down the rankings of free press isn't how I would exactly consider sph to be doing a good job

u200275
u200275
5 hours ago
Lol Does he think this is the military? CEO of a listed company

D J
D J
2 hours ago
A short temper can also be a sign of an underlying condition like depression or intermittent explosive disorder (IED), which is characterized by impulsive and aggressive behavior. If your anger has become overwhelming or is causing you to hurt yourself or those around you, it's time to find professional help

Jeremy Sng
Jeremy Sng
4 hours ago
I really hope he has a sleepness night now that he has time to reflect what he said.

View reply

Wombat
Wombat
4 hours ago
"continue to do the job it has done so well for so long" LMAO nice try

Frédéric Wong
Frédéric Wong
5 hours ago (edited)
Even in the west, the decline of established mainstream media has already started....it is just the beginning now....... watch and enjoy their decline.....With the advent of YouTube, podcast and other ways to get information, mainstream media now are becoming so irrelevant now and whatever goodwill or disciplined they are, they would still decline, if you cannot beat them join them....
Read more

SouthEastDirector
SouthEastDirector
55 minutes ago
Hahahaha the ending is golden. Look at his face!

Horology Enthusiast
Horology Enthusiast
8 minutes ago
Backstage: "Hail Hydra"

HC1
HC1
2 hours ago
Doing so well?? Kaki kong kaki song.

YH Shannon Ching
YH Shannon Ching
5 hours ago
I guess someone needs some PR classes...

DerangedSloth555
DerangedSloth555
1 hour ago
Paper general parachuter buay song

KW
KW
5 hours ago (edited)
This is embarrassing. He is addressing the public as the CEO of a PUBLIC company - not as the head of military. Also, he says the purpose (whatever that is) is to make sure SPH will do the job it has done for so long but the press conference was to tell the whole world that they failed to make sure SPH is profitable in the first place? Har?
Show less

View 2 replies

Vincent Lee
Vincent Lee
1 hour ago
Continue to do the job for so well for so long?

ZHamRoller z
ZHamRoller z
6 hours ago
Garangz

larry destiny
larry destiny
3 hours ago
He thought he's still in the military? Zero professionalism

KenZu
KenZu
3 hours ago
NOL 2.0

Andew Mole
Andew Mole
4 hours ago
I, honestly I, I take umbrage at your first question. There are reporters from here who receive substantial uh, f-uh, funding from various sources, and I don’t believe that you would describe yourself as bowing to the needs of advertisers in doing your job. So I think that, please, ok, I, I, I, I would say, at least for SPH far ving(?) you know, we have always, we have always had advertising, and we have never, never conceded, and uh, to the needs of, uh, of the advertisers, alright, so we will always continue to provide fair, reliable, credible reporting. So, in be- in reporting the answer to this, I, I will tell you first that the, the question, the fact that you dare to question the SPH title for, for, for, for, in your words ah, conceding, to the words of advertiser, I take umbrage at the comment, because I don’t believe that uh, even where you come from, you, you concede, alright, in doing your job, you do not concede to the needs of advertisers. So I, I, I must call this out. Ok chair, Chairman is a gentleman, I'm not. SPH, the purpose of doing this is to make sure that SPH media will continue to do the job we have done so well for so long.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

I have been telling my friends and family that true journalism factual reporting cannot sell and make money anymore.

That era is gone now. We are in the age of Fake news and misinformation.

Look at the top youtube channels. Whats it about?

Top twitter. Top instagram.