• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No decent human being should ever work as an insurance agent

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
By
hackberry

Let me make myself extremely clear before I begin; the purpose of my writing is to present things in a straightforward, palatable manner for the layman to adequately appreciate.

Firstly, a brief history of the insurance business.

How did the notion of insurance come into existence?

It had its origins in the form of protection money collected by gangsters and the mafia.

The gangsters astutely came to the eventual realization that employing violence to wreak havoc and trash businesses only serve to put folks out of business, which in turn affect their bottom lines.

Instead they chose to cash in on fears, worries and anxieties....their reach is thus extended to not just proprietors, but also to the common man on the street.

Insurance money is simply protection money. It is legalized racketeering. You cough up monthly payments to "shield" yourself from invisible worries.

No decent human being should ever work as an insurance agent.

Those who do so are either willfully ignorant or have malicious hearts. A few even reckon the job is a quick wealth enabler, until the next better deal comes along. Then again let's be brutally honest; those who are knee-deep in the insurance line are never getting out, because the money is too damn good.

Why is it evil?

For one, chargemasters. In every corner of the world, hospitals employ a billing codex known as the chargemaster - in truth it functions implicitly to inflate the cost of healthcare, which in turn appease insurance companies partnering them.

More at https://tinyurI.com/ybkjo4jw

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How abt CPF money!!!!

How many time must she repeat again and again. CPF not ur money.:thumbsdown::whistling:

“We have heard proponents who say that the CPF monies is theirs. ‘It’s our money, it’s in our account, it’s our retirement money. I want it out, I will spend it anyway we want.” Fine. Is it our money? Our CPF savings are enhanced and forced CPF savings which are accumulated through our own deferred consumption, through co-payment by our employers and through top-ups from public funds. Is it really my private money? Do I have the right to spend it the way I would spend my own salary? I’m not entirely sure…”

https://redwiretimes.com/singapore-...oney-fame-joins-halimah-yacobs-campaign-team/

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hospitals can easily bypass insurance by having their own scheme.call it memebrship. Memebrs get free treatment.
This way, hospitals get money for operation, research, betterment funds, amd expansion. Members get peace of mind.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Insurance sales people, real estate agents ...I avoid. They are people who could not make it and thus went into those jobs.
If you can con your way through, these are good jobs. Sell one policy, get premium cut for 5 years. Sell one house, get 3 percent commission. What other jobs pay so well?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Insurance sales people, real estate agents ...I avoid. They are people who could not make it and thus went into those jobs.
If you can con your way through, these are good jobs. Sell one policy, get premium cut for 5 years. Sell one house, get 3 percent commission. What other jobs pay so well?
Me too. 99.9% of them are Scums of the worst kind. :biggrin:
Parasites and leeches, that's what they are :biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe in insurance but not in agents. And I avoid buying any investment-link policies. You buy insurance for protection. You get better returns by investing yourself.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe in insurance but not in agents. And I avoid buying any investment-link policies. You buy insurance for protection. You get better returns by investing yourself.
KNN correct insurance should be bought over the counter and service by a fix salaried customer service officers KNN

ChristJohnny

Alfrescian
Loyal

However many successful people in this line driving good cars and staying at premium houses. All trades have opportunities, daring ones will succeed. That's the rule of the jungle. I smell a lot of jealousy. Just like complaining about Minister salary, but deep inside will gladly become one if given half a chance.

jw5

Loyal
Nothing wrong with being an insurance agent if they get clients by finding out from relatives and friends who needs what type of insurance and approach them to try and meet their needs. However, the way they do it now by stopping strangers on the streets is simply shit. :rolleyes:

Soul

Alfrescian
Loyal
Car Salesmen, Property Agents, Insurance Agents and Lawyers lie full-time to make a living.

There was a Malaysian-born property agent in Singapore who showed me a condo, telling me that it is serene unit, excellent good buy must buy. He even lied to me that if I don't buy, the owner will rent it in ten days.

Less than a year later, I view another unit in the same project with the same agent and he was bragging that the earlier unit was vacant, unsold because it got bad facing, nobody will want to stay or rent.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They also trick eager and desperate fresh jobseekers to recruit them as agents.
One trick is to collude with employment/HR/"Consultant " agencies who will call up fresh graduates for interviews to" match" them with their "pool of clients."
After the second interview, these graduates will be told there are no matching jobs or salaries are way below their expectations and how about trying out as an insurance agent. If they are told upfront they are looking for agents, most of these graduates will not turn up for the first interview.

Another trick is for an unnamed company to advertise for positions and call up applicants for interview at a particular location.
However the exact unit number will be revealed only when the job seeker arrives at the location and call them just before the interview (supposedly for confidentiality ).Usually they invite people applying for sales/marketing/ public relations/communications /investment kind of jobs as insurance sales can be "related" to these .

Last edited:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Nothing wrong with being an insurance agent if they get clients by finding out from relatives and friends who needs what type of insurance and approach them to try and meet their needs. However, the way they do it now by stopping strangers on the streets is simply shit. :rolleyes:
Yep! Especially those fucking agents who block commuters path of way at MRT stations. Once I scolded these fucking agents at Dhoby G MRT. Fucking place is so crowed and they block commuters' path of way. Same with those at Chinatown station. Fucking MRT operators allow these shit blockers to earn rent...FUCK PAP!