• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No.1 Home Team

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Plainclothes is the best. Can eat snake comfortably. Boss ask when you are absent, just tell him meeting informer for a good case. Wake up late report to work, tell boss last night solid intel.

Never did plainclothes before. Seldom do they give PNS plainclothed duties. :(

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think they are CISCO chaps undergoing training there. Other auxillary police may be there too - SATs, AETOS etc.

That place brings back good old memories. Me and a few buddies almost cried after POP and packing to leave on posting out. But we're not surprised Mas Selamat managed to take off from the ISD DC just opposite. We ocassionally took off for private barber haircuts and nights out drinking easily too (yeah, yeah, technically AWOL), but always coming back in time.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That place brings back good old memories. Me and a few buddies almost cried after POP and packing to leave on posting out. But we're not surprised Mas Selamat managed to take off from the ISD DC just opposite. We ocassionally took off for private barber haircuts and nights out drinking easily too (yeah, yeah, technically AWOL), but always coming back in time.

Was told the HTA is very on-the-ball. Stay-in means stay-in. No Ho Chih Minh trail there for trainees unlike PA.

Yes, it brings back fond memories. There were a few WPC trainees then who were quite chio. The makan under the flyover was simply the best.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was told the HTA is very on-the-ball. Stay-in means stay-in. No Ho Chih Minh trail there for trainees unlike PA.

Yes, it brings back fond memories. There were a few WPC trainees then who were quite chio. The makan under the flyover was simply the best.

Never seen or been to the new HTA Tracom before. The old Whitley flyover HC was no horse run. Chinese prawn mee, fishball mee and Indian mutton chop all no horse run. On paydays we could also eat crab.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never seen or been to the new HTA Tracom before. The old Whitley flyover HC was no horse run. Chinese prawn mee, fishball mee and Indian mutton chop all no horse run. On paydays we could also eat crab.

I can understand. NS men makan crabs on payday. Tanchiaks eat crab no problem. Need not wait for pay day. Make a phone call to aduans and they will rush to meet up and foot the bill then drive us to nightclubs.

preacher1010

Alfrescian
Loyal
Im from 93rd intake and PCG that was based in Kallang.
I can personally tell you that the "sun, the sand and the sea" tagline belongs to the Coast Guard, not the Navy.:biggrin:

Regretted not signing up regular.

preacher1010

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never did plainclothes before. Seldom do they give PNS plainclothed duties. :(

I did plainclothes duty as NS, VIP Security duty for some Royal that came. At Mandarin Orchard if i remember correctly.
I had to work extra 10 days for the two weeks or so (PCG shift work is only 4-day week), and therefore my team commander gave me permission to reimburse my extra work days to leave. I therefore had a lot more leave to clear than my other NS mates when time was up.

Carrying ankle holster was a hassle. But it was an experience.
Haiz, those were the days.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
PNS sometimes kena arrowed for plainclothes duty which usually involved raid pertaining to VCDs, IIs, common gaming houses, counterfeit goods etc.

yes...its called anti-crime . during our time , even NS man like us was involved in anti-pickpocket , anti-housebreaking , anti-drug ( ADU ) .....basically almost any crime .

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes...its called anti-crime . during our time , even NS man like us was involved in anti-pickpocket , anti-housebreaking , anti-drug ( ADU ) .....basically almost any crime .

During my time, there's always a plainclothes special car usually with two regulars and two PNS SCs. This and all those abovementioned are still roostered shift deployments. Have to draw arms and send arms after shift and not much chance to skive during the shift. Only the AIOs, IOs and detectives are issued personal arms and go around 24 hours anywhere they like as long as they get their cases done or can come up with stories to explain away why their cases are not done. :cool:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During my time, there's always a plainclothes special car usually with two regulars and two PNS SCs. This and all those abovementioned are still roostered shift deployments. Have to draw arms and send arms after shift and not much chance to skive during the shift. Only the AIOs, IOs and detectives are issued personal arms and go around 24 hours anywhere they like as long as they get their cases done or can come up with stories to explain away why their cases are not done. :cool:

NSmen always kena bullied by regulars. Lau ampais don't respect NS Insps. They are not like SAF whereby NS officers are accorded proper respect. Perhaps it is the discipline factor. Detectives are a difficult bunch to control compared to army regulars. PNS SCs also treated quite badly by lau ampais. I treat my NSmen best. They all love me!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NSmen always kena bullied by regulars. Lau ampais don't respect NS Insps. They are not like SAF whereby NS officers are accorded proper respect. Perhaps it is the discipline factor. Detectives are a difficult bunch to control compared to army regulars. PNS SCs also treated quite badly by lau ampais. I treat my NSmen best. They all love me!

You just watch those HK police shows where they have the regular folks acting as the dectectives. They really act damn lao lan and love to talk back to their superiors. Anthony wong and his peers have all acted as detectives before.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There's a difference between police and army. In army, NS NCOs and commissioned officers can and are entrusted to do whatever regulars can and are entrusted to do. In police, the investigator job is already out for PNS, since no HI would want to train and groom someone going to ROD next year. You can be a reservist soldier or officer, but you can't be a reservist investigator in charge of long haul cases. Only a few NSPI were given the chance during PNSF, but that's for show of political correctness only.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

yes..all have to sign in and out for the arms .but im not sure if AIOs and IOs can bring arms home .