• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

nicorette teo learn to keng from NS slave brother

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nicolette skips the Opening Ceremony
August 08, 2008 Friday, 08:19 PM

Olympian Nicolette Teo on why she's not marching with Team Singapore.

From the Olympic Village
In Beijing

THE Opening Ceremony is on my television set as I write this. The Olympics has finally begun. 080808!

While participating in the opening ceremony is truly an experience of a lifetime, I have opted to sit it out because it's a very long and draining event. You leave the Village around 6 pm in the evening and do not return till about 2 or 3 am.

Seeing as how I'll be swimming the 100m breaststroke in two days' time, I figure I’m making a smart sacrifice by staying behind. In any case, one does not get to actually see much of the ceremony since parading athletes and officials are cooped up in a holding tank for hours on end waiting for their turn to walk into the stadium.

I think Singapore is country number 197 and we're expected to march out around 10.30pm. I need to be fast asleep by then!

Still, I recall with fondness my very first Opening Ceremony at the 2000 Sydney Games. I didn’t swim the 100m breaststroke then and didn’t have to worry about what time I got home or how tired I was. Besides, I think I was too young and too excited to even have such thoughts cross my mind!

I remember waiting for what seemed like forever before it was Singapore’s turn to parade out. I remember waving at the camera and flashing them a thousand-watt smile. I remember the feeling of excitement bubbling up inside me as I thought about how I was part of something so much bigger than myself.

And, er, I also remember wearing this horrible white furry scrunchie in my hair! Not my greatest fashion moment.

Anyway, tonight I shall make no such fashion faux pas as I sit and watch the Opening Ceremony on TV from the safety of my room in the Village.

Goodnight!

Kundavozhd

Alfrescian
Loyal
stupid girl skipped the Opening Ceremony to "prepare" for her heats but in the end couldn't even qualify in her 100 m breaststroke.

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
stupid girl skipped the Opening Ceremony to "prepare" for her heats but in the end couldn't even qualify in her 100 m breaststroke.

she is there just to better her " NATIONAL RECORDS" thats what all sg swimmers are good for..and our "NATIONAL RECORDS" is insignificant on world stage