• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ng Cheebye, Lam Parbin and the team of howlians having a George Yeo moment...

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Joining PAP is like joining T'sao T'sao of the Three Kingdoms. That guy's a villian but he attracted a lot of capable warriors and wise men to his side.

There will be people joining PAP of course. But they will be villains.

The young generation aged 21 to 25. This group probably really connect better with WP.

Next election you have to look at current 17 year olds and how they speak and think

For the young people social media is integral part of their lives. POFMA turns them off totally. They also speak using slang and memes.

PAP is out of touch.

Also the MSM is totally useless with the younger voters aged below 35. Social media has replaced MSM completely in that age group.

In another 20 years many of the mg and pg will be gone.

I give PAP another 25 years max.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Joining PAP is like joining T'sao T'sao of the Three Kingdoms. That guy's a villian but he attracted a lot of capable warriors and wise men to his side.

Lee Hsien Loong would be like Cao Pi or another Cao successor. None of them really had a happy ending. :biggrin:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There will be people joining PAP of course. But they will be villains.

The young generation aged 21 to 25. This group probably really connect better with WP.

Next election you have to look at current 17 year olds and how they speak and think

For the young people social media is integral part of their lives. POFMA turns them off totally. They also speak using slang and memes.

PAP is out of touch.

Also the MSM is totally useless with the younger voters aged below 35. Social media has replaced MSM completely in that age group.

In another 20 years many of the mg and pg will be gone.

I give PAP another 25 years max.

Perhaps I should get my son and daughter to volunteer at the WP grassroots while I continue with the PAP grassroots. The Tan family needs to hedge our bets so that we will always come out on top.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In that case joining Workers Party is like joining 梁山 108 好汉

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
The PAP needs to up their game.

They need to go back to the carrot/threat strategy to appeal to the kiasu kiasee people.

Things like upgrading. Things like HDB flat lease expiry. Things like civil service jobs.

Otherwise they will surely lose power.

When the threat to PAP is actually losing power then it might be too late.

Test it again next GE. Perhaps the people are no longer kiasu kiasee. But high chance they still are.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Perhaps I should get my son and daughter to volunteer at the WP grassroots while I continue with the PAP grassroots. The Tan family needs to hedge our bets so that we will always come out on top.
You should plant them in Workers Party as spies. Hide for 20 years and suddenly emerge to topple WP. 君子报仇 十年未晚

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The WP would do well to follow this simple advice - Use current popular youngsters like JL and NS to inspire and attract similar good-looking and well speaking youngsters and unleash their charm on the old and outdated MIWs to clear them out. They will win another 2 more GRCs in 2025.

I guess we don't need to wait till 2025. My hunch is whoever takes over from Pinky be it Ah Heng or idiot Kee Chiu will have to call a snap election for a new mandate. The main Oppos, WP, PSP , SDP need to keep up with the momentum after this GE. Keep on working hard covering the same ground again and again until the next GE be it in in 2025 or even before 2025.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pap system is when it works, it seamlessly smooth. Everything runs perfectly. New candidates recruited (on guarantee of sure win) old guard happily retired and take up directorship. Cronies get rewarded with govt contracts and money flow back to the party as political donations. . But once disrupted , it runs the risk of going down the slippery slope and everything will start to fall apart.

Now we are still not at that stage yet but we certainly see the raise of WP. Pap will try all her means including underhand tactic to prevent the problems from snowballing.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Lee Hsien Yang is still useful. Though covered with white hair, he is still very young. The war is not quite over for him. He knew his brother is still going to hold on to power. This result probably a good stepping stone for him to do more and help WP and PSP wrestle more GRCs in the future. They can comfortably know that they have a good base of voters in west coast GRC - unless PAP tried to break it apart.
He needs to step up to the plate. LWL even. We need an antidote that is of equal strength to the poison.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's actually closer to a misanthrope. That's why Kissinger was his friend. :biggrin:
Nope. He is a racist. Remember how he prevented his children from marrying to a darker skin fella.
And over the years, he reinforced his belief in other similar statements.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nope. He is a racist. Remember how he prevented his children from marrying to a darker skin fella.
And over the years, he reinforced his belief in other similar statements.

The greatest irony is that he was an ardent believer of eugenics, but his grandson was an albino. How unfortunate indeed. :roflmao:

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
God gave a warning and reminder to him through his albino grandchild but he is recalcitrant
He will burn in hell.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most pap candidates see joining politics as a career path than a calling. With no guarantee of getting elected, I doubt pap will continue to attract enough " high calibre" candidates.

There will come a time they have to lower their standard just to get enough new candidates to fill the gap.
Nonsense. So many juicy appointments made possible in civil service and glcs for election losers. Remember ong ye kun? :laugh:

jw5

Loyal
Nonsense. Ong Ye Kung was only given a juicy appointment in a GLC until it was time for him to be elected and appointed as a Ministar. :wink:
Btw, he was given a juicy appointment in Keppel, the most rotten GLC of all. :rolleyes::biggrin:

Nonsense. So many juicy appointments made possible in civil service and glcs for election losers. Remember ong ye kun? :laugh: