• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

littlemary

Re: Getting Malaysian PR

Bro, feel free to lock up this thread, as there is never an intention of offering any service.

Don't wish to receive any more PMs on this as well.

Dora21

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi to All Sis & Bro,
If i bought an apartment in jb. Do i still have to pay quit rent ( cukai tanah) beside property tax (cukai harta) ?
Thank you.

ezzzjj

Construction Cost psf range in JB?

Hello,
Does anyone know the range of budget I should have to construct from scratch a 4000sqft built up bungalow?
What is the Construction Cost psf range in JB?
Thank you.
Ed

dingdongrc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Less well known developments : Engaging a civil engineer for 2nd opinion..

Dear All,

Thanks for the many sincere contributions to this thread which had proven to be an invaluable resource for me.
I am eyeing an inter Ter unit at NI selling at $600K. But agent said that the sale may be blocked if the state valuation is less than $500K but in order to secure my interest I will still need to pay my 1-3% earnest deposit. If the state approval is rejected, can I still get the money back? Shouldnt the price be based on the sale price? anyone got similar experience?

dingdongrc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for creating thisbinvaluable forum. Can I ask if the $500K cut off based on sale price? I am considering a subsale NI unit at $600K. But agent warned that sale may not go thru because state valuation may be below $500k. Is it true?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for creating thisbinvaluable forum. Can I ask if the $500K cut off based on sale price? I am considering a subsale NI unit at $600K. But agent warned that sale may not go thru because state valuation may be below $500k. Is it true?

Actual valuations by registered valuers is usually different from buying / asking price which is normally higher.
Best way to find out is to ask the bank to value it first to have an indication before plunging in.

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal
1.)Hi ,my agent says the state consent is rm1000 ,just to check could it be he has quoted wrongly as reading through definitely is much more higher ,dont want to ask him as just to bring the amount he mention to cause confusion .
2)I need to bring a large amount of money for the snp 10% of the amount i bought just wondering how to bring it as of transfering the amount by raffles i suppose but who do i transfer to as i ve no account in mlaysia yet thanks for the replies.

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
1.)Hi ,my agent says the state consent is rm1000 ,just to check could it be he has quoted wrongly as reading through definitely is much more higher ,dont want to ask him as just to bring the amount he mention to cause confusion .
2)I need to bring a large amount of money for the snp 10% of the amount i bought just wondering how to bring it as of transfering the amount by raffles i suppose but who do i transfer to as i ve no account in mlaysia yet thanks for the replies.

State Consent should be between rm10K-11K

Not so easy to TT RM in to your MY account.
There is a rm10K daily limit for foreigners, that limits your deposits to your account so you may have to do it over a few days for your 10%.
So best to start early.
Banks like Hong Leong allow SG customers to open cheque account and it will take a few days for cheque book to be ready.
Or you can also open cheque account with bank that you are getting loan from.

cheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
All about setting up business in JB

bro,

Can anyone advise to be liable for government 6% tax, what requirements do you need?

Also, I need to apply for import and export licence ....any link to help me

Tq

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not just buy a banker's demand draft in Singapore payable to the name of the developer in Malaysia? Easy and trouble free.

There is a rm10K daily limit for foreigners, that limits your deposits to your account so you may have to do it over a few days for your 10%.
So best to start early.
Banks like Hong Leong allow SG customers to open cheque account and it will take a few days for cheque book to be ready.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. The payee should be yr lawyer firm , not agent.
2. You've can a cheque book without any referrer, with HLG. Good to open two acct with diff banks. for yr own good. lol.gif

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal

So best to start early.

Go to money changer and TT over. Simple and safe. Unlimited amounts at better exchange rate than over the counter. Just produce copy of your SPA or documents to proof that its for a property purchase.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I know which money changer have no limit in TT.

Can share contact?

I used e one at Hougang near e Interchange. Juz show ur SPA n TT to developer acct using cheque. I prob will have to do tt on Mon as e amt is big. I will also test out today using cheque to TT to my Malaysia acct.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is money changer more safer than banks especially when it involved hundreds of thousands?
Pardon my ignorance..maybe Spore money changer more regulated than Malaysian money changers.

Go to money changer and TT over. Simple and safe. Unlimited amounts at better exchange rate than over the counter. Just produce copy of your SPA or documents to proof that its for a property purchase.