• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Risk Factors in JB Property

Thank you for the reply mingchye n iskandar rocks for your answers but ive seen some properties r advertised below the 500k required for foreigners ,I mean r we eligible to buy it if we want to spend less n they also say foreigners eligible ,that 's confusing to as are there any extra costs involved such stamp duty lawyer fee ,or if there is a conversion fee from bumi to foreign eligibility thanks for your reply as I wish to start low .

I have someone well regarded who recently who asked us the same apples and oranges question about clob and property. A lot of these were discussed way back but again and again we see such questions.

A fairer comparison might be CLOB and buying Bumi lots when one is not a bumi. Both are on shaky or little ground to stand on to begin with. There is never any 100% guarantee in life, people from Malaysia goes to Woodlands for shopping just decades back as it was cheaper in Singapore for some goods. Now things are reversed.

Anything below 500k, we cannot buy, period. Unless there is a discount from the developer then yes. Stamp duty, lawyer fees, levy, etc are not part of the sale price so no matter what, the base price of the property must exceed 500k. Bumi release is only if the unit you are looking at was a bumi unit.

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB Used Piano Contact Request

yes ownership is the answer but MY has a reputation of sudden changing of rules or regulation eg. in the 90s people who owes clob shares had been suspended leaving the owners lurking in the dark not knowing what to do ,what if they do it again .I mean the risk is there if property prices went down chances of going up is there but ownership is not guaranteed .

in front scare tiger, behind afraid wolf.. titter.gif

holding tight tight to my pb baby during clob crisis... it's now a superman. sing.gif

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

in front scare tiger, behind afraid wolf..View attachment 8252

holding tight tight to my pb baby during clob crisis... it's now a superman. View attachment 8253

Folks i met made me realise that we can't help everyone, after clearing 99% of the doubts, 1% of it will stop them from taking any action as that 1% is all that is needed as an excuse to do nothing. Someone said this of a learned person recently, when in doubt, do nothing, when doubt is cleared, find more excuses to do nothing. In the end, the only thing he succeeded in life is to be a MED, Master of Excuses and Doubts.

There will always be some who only notices the problems elsewhere but not at home especially ignoring the SERS and the fact that 100% of flat owners do not own their homes. They can't bequeath it to their kids nor refinance using their HDB and yet must pay property tax yearly.

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Uncertainty is great.
Make you feel like Indiana Jones.

CLOB, Laws , Regulation, Government.... It all make life and investment fun.

They even break Iskandar into 5 zones and let you Tikam Tikam.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Folks i met made me realise that we can't help everyone, after clearing 99% of the doubts, 1% of it will stop them from taking any action as that 1% is all that is needed as an excuse to do nothing. Someone said this of a learned person recently, when in doubt, do nothing, when doubt is cleared, find more excuses to do nothing. In the end, the only thing he succeeded in life is to be a MED, Master of Excuses and Doubts.

There will always be some who only notices the problems elsewhere but not at home especially ignoring the SERS and the fact that 100% of flat owners do not own their homes. They can't bequeath it to their kids nor refinance using their HDB and yet must pay property tax yearly.

Imagine those whom got their flat enbloc....
They thought they can live there till they die.
Lot of folks in Rochor kanna.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Risk Factors in JB Property

The main problem is many Singaporeans still want to shop around for below 500k properties. Then they ask how to get bank loans, why so expensive the legal fees are, they don't even know stamp duties and when they are supposed to pay them, etc. They are just jumping along with others trying to grab studio units etc and camp overnight for it.

I have someone well regarded who recently who asked us the same apples and oranges question about clob and property. A lot of these were discussed way back but again and again we see such questions.

A fairer comparison might be CLOB and buying Bumi lots when one is not a bumi. Both are on shaky or little ground to stand on to begin with. There is never any 100% guarantee in life, people from Malaysia goes to Woodlands for shopping just decades back as it was cheaper in Singapore for some goods. Now things are reversed.

Anything below 500k, we cannot buy, period. Unless there is a discount from the developer then yes. Stamp duty, lawyer fees, levy, etc are not part of the sale price so no matter what, the base price of the property must exceed 500k. Bumi release is only if the unit you are looking at was a bumi unit.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I remember one said...I go and get 3 units, after completing, I sell 2 units and get the last unit free. Then suddenly they say, I tot it is DIBS, so no need to pay anything first? Why have to pay stamp duties and why can get only 70% loan? Where am I going to get the 3 units x 30% balance payment?
Then it is leasehold, why have to wait for consent letter before can sell? How am I going to service the loan while waiting for the consent letter?
Manyak susah ini orang la.

Imagine those whom got their flat enbloc....
They thought they can live there till they die.
Lot of folks in Rochor kanna.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I remember one said...I go and get 3 units, after completing, I sell 2 units and get the last unit free. Then suddenly they say, I tot it is DIBS, so no need to pay anything first? Why have to pay stamp duties and why can get only 70% loan? Where am I going to get the 3 units x 30% balance payment?
Then it is leasehold, why have to wait for consent letter before can sell? How am I going to service the loan while waiting for the consent letter?
Manyak susah ini orang la.

If life so simple, everyone will be rich.

I know one guy whom buy 3 units and told the bank officers at the showroom he is paying cash for all 3 units.

Now that will work. But only for the rich folk. As the saying go....rich always get richer.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

And so is the Inland Revenue Board.:biggrin:

If life so simple, everyone will be rich.

I know one guy whom buy 3 units and told the bank officers at the showroom he is paying cash for all 3 units.

Now that will work. But only for the rich folk. As the saying go....rich always get richer.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember a old property investor give me a tip when buying a property outside your home ground.

1. If got FH buy only FH.
2. If can afford the best location buy the best location.
3. Never buy and hope. (Hope the place bloom.)
4. If there is bank building nearby it is a good location.
5. Shopping stripe will be a dream come thru.
6. If you can imagine yourself living there for 3 months without leaving.
:p

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember a old property investor give me a tip when buying a property outside your home ground.

So looks like Zone A fits the description you mentioned above. :smile:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wise words.

In KL, apart from banks, if got lottery sales outlet, 4 ekor, Big Sweep better still.

A small contribution on Leasehold: It is usual for 99 years and you have to get a state consent to sell. But what people often do not know is banks are reluctant to lend if the leasehold property has less than 70 years lease left. It makes you property difficult to sell then.

Look for pull factors. CIQ / MRT terminals are good areas. Sure got high traffic and convenience.

My old banker once told me: Never buy in speculation. Buy only when you have holding power. Life is not about having many properties. It is about enjoying the journey in procuring properties.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wise words.

In KL, apart from banks, if got lottery sales outlet, 4 ekor, Big Sweep better still.

A small contribution on Leasehold: It is usual for 99 years and you have to get a state consent to sell. But what people often do not know is banks are reluctant to lend if the leasehold property has less than 70 years lease left. It makes you property difficult to sell then.

Look for pull factors. CIQ / MRT terminals are good areas. Sure got high traffic and convenience.

My old banker once told me: Never buy in speculation. Buy only when you have holding power. Life is not about having many properties. It is about enjoying the journey in procuring properties.

Funny why people talk about traffic jam, vice operation, noise.... All this is pointing to a convenience location.
I think Wuqi got it right, you can just give yourself 1% reason not to buy, you will never buy.

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Listen to the professor. You can't go very wrong.

Funny why people talk about traffic jam, vice operation, noise.... All this is pointing to a convenience location.
I think Wuqi got it right, you can just give yourself 1% reason not to buy, you will never buy.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Singaporean kids can study in Malaysia ?

Anyone have kids and study in Malaysia ?
I don't want my children to wake up very early in order to attend school in Singapore.
I can't afford the International School.
Any option for my children education ?
Thanks for the help. :smile:

Try calling up the local Chinese school and find out. e.g. in HH there is a SJK(C) Min Chih

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Selling property in Malaysia. Tips and tricks to share.

Hi all seniors

I join sammyboy to find info on JB living and condos.

Hope to open this thread and post any procedure, tips and tricks in selling a Malaysia property.

I am now gathering information on my side. But a lot of infomation is not filter.

Any bros want to share your idea.