• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prepaid mobile BB / Data Plan

Hi

I am a frequent travellor to JB. I am very annoyed with the Data Roaming pricing to us through M1 and Singtel.
Can the LAOJIAOs here advice me which PREPAID mobile data broadband i can take up ?

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Prepaid mobile BB / Data Plan

Hi

I am a frequent travellor to JB. I am very annoyed with the Data Roaming pricing to us through M1 and Singtel.
Can the LAOJIAOs here advice me which PREPAID mobile data broadband i can take up ?

I using celcom, signal very good and clear. Auto roam is free . Maxis I also using, signal maybe my phone not good, can receive signal in SG, auto roaming all free, only sinkipo everything also must charge!

U mobile haven't try, maybe some ppl here can comment....

All only top up sims as there is a deposit of rm1k for post paid. Some stupid idiot spoilt market, never clear bills and run away from MY, end up for new movers like us have to end up paying 1 k for deposit just to apply for post paid sim cards, Internet, etc!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I using celcom, signal very good and clear. Auto roam is free . Maxis I also using, signal maybe my phone not good, can receive signal in SG, auto roaming all free, only sinkipo everything also must charge!

U mobile haven't try, maybe some ppl here can comment....

All only top up sims as there is a deposit of rm1k for post paid. Some stupid idiot spoilt market, never clear bills and run away from MY, end up for new movers like us have to end up paying 1 k for deposit just to apply for post paid sim cards, Internet, etc!

I am using umobile for voice only, coverage seems okay, free auto roam in SG too. They also have unlimited mobile Internet at Rm28 per month with free 100 mins and 30 sms, but I haven't tried before.

http://www.u.com.my/prepaid/unlimited-mobile-internet

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am using umobile for voice only, coverage seems okay, free auto roam in SG too. They also have unlimited mobile Internet at Rm28 per month with free 100 mins and 30 sms, but I haven't tried before.

http://www.u.com.my/prepaid/unlimited-mobile-internet

I am using umobile at rm28 per month with voice and internet,so far in Johor and KL coverage quite ok for internet.But if you go on NSHY and out of KL the internet will go into 2G service,meaning very slow of cannot connect.Maxis internet is good even on NSHY,but you have to top up every 7days.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah, I really hate the Rm 1k deposit.

Almost signed up with uMobile but did not because of this.

Continue to use prepaid. :(

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any one tried Tune Talk ?
www.tunetalk.com

RM48 validity for 365 days with RM10 credit.
Only drawback is that the roaming rates for voice is very expensive. (i.e. if you call malaysia from Sg)
But if you use it just for the few times a month when you go Malaysia, and to able to have a local line to register for online banking with Malaysia bank, I think it's very worth it.
Any comments ?

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any one tried Tune Talk ?
www.tunetalk.com

RM48 validity for 365 days with RM10 credit.
Only drawback is that the roaming rates for voice is very expensive. (i.e. if you call malaysia from Sg)
But if you use it just for the few times a month when you go Malaysia, and to able to have a local line to register for online banking with Malaysia bank, I think it's very worth it.
Any comments ?

Oh and there is a 50MB/day plan at RM0.88 per day .

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOOKING FOR NEW FREEHOLD LANDED PROPERTY NEAR TUAS 2nd LINK

Hi I may be looking for a new Gated and Guarded freehold landed property near Tuas 2nd link of Singapore. Any recommended launches? Looking at possibly 1,600 sq to 2000+ sq ft. I do not have my own vehicle. So I'm looking to see if there are any shuttle bus/or bus going to and fro near the landed property to Singapore. Also, will the property be rentable in the event that I wish to rent it out? Security and location will be prime considerations. Kindly advise. TQ.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need advice on upcoming super launches in jb

Hi All,

I'm considering buying a property in JB.

These are my current options (not exhaustive, there should be more, pls help to list out)

Paragon Residences @ Straits View
723 sq ft (SGD250,000) = MYR 847 / sq ft

Encorp Marina @ Puteri Harbor
685 sq ft (SGD278,000) = MYR 994.31 / sq ft

Setia Sky 88 = heard from other forum that it has hit MYR 800 / sq ft

Are these good buys for rentals and capital appreciation?

Any other recommendations?

Not considering KL or other states as I may make one of these my home, so need to be near CIQ or Tuas 2nd link.

What about Gated and Guarded landed property in JB? Are these rentable too?

Need some advice asap.

Thank you.

julyaric720

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is a great site! I saw the information is very usefule!
hot.jpg

or.jpg

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: LOOKING FOR NEW FREEHOLD LANDED PROPERTY NEAR TUAS 2nd LINK

Hi I may be looking for a new Gated and Guarded freehold landed property near Tuas 2nd link of Singapore. Any recommended launches? Looking at possibly 1,600 sq to 2000+ sq ft. I do not have my own vehicle. So I'm looking to see if there are any shuttle bus/or bus going to and fro near the landed property to Singapore. Also, will the property be rentable in the event that I wish to rent it out? Security and location will be prime considerations. Kindly advise. TQ.

You may consider Horizon Hills and Nusa Idaman, both gated and guarded.

The CW-3 station is minutes away and the buses bring you to Jurong East MRT.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: LOOKING FOR NEW FREEHOLD LANDED PROPERTY NEAR TUAS 2nd LINK

On this post u r looking for landed GnG and on the other post, u asking abt condo and high rises. Which one you actually want??