• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New Tesla Model 3 v BYD Seal: Ultimate review!

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really. There are off peak power cycles in 24 hr from power plant, using the off peak to produ e hydrogen can be very viable
From power plant? Using fossils?
Efficiencies of typical power plant are about 30% (I'm being generous here).
Conversion from electricity to split and then compress the hydrogen loses another 20%.
Then you got to keep that hydrogen cold for storage and that is another 5%.
Which means you only get 5% of the energy given out by burning that fossil.
This hasn't taken into account the mind boggling logistics of moving hydrogen around and the fact that you're back to fossils.

Compare that to just burning gasoline which gets you about 15% usable energy in the car.
Or purely electric which I figure gets 50% of sunlight/renewable energy turned into usable moving the car.

Hydrogen is DOA.

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
From power plant? Using fossils?
Efficiencies of typical power plant are about 30% (I'm being generous here).
Conversion from electricity to split and then compress the hydrogen loses another 20%.
Then you got to keep that hydrogen cold for storage and that is another 5%.
Which means you only get 5% of the energy given out by burning that fossil.
This hasn't taken into account the mind boggling logistics of moving hydrogen around and the fact that you're back to fossils.

Compare that to just burning gasoline which gets you about 15% usable energy in the car.
Or purely electric which I figure gets 50% of sunlight/renewable energy turned into usable moving the car.

Hydrogen is DOA.

Yes but hydorgen does not have negatives of EV Lithium battery. Nobody talks about Lithium battery disposal and cobalt/lithium mining enviornment issue.

Hydrogen car has no charging time unlike EV.

Using off peak.power to generate Hydrogen is cost effective since its lost anyway if not use.

What hydrogen car produces are just water and Co2. Its very clean.

For me its lesser evil ans right technology

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can't see how BYD is even close to Tesla it's apples and oranges.

BYD is nothing more than an automotive company which operates on razor thin margins and sells cheap stuff in large quantities for the domestic market only. It's exports form only a small portion of its annual output.

Tesla is an AI company which produces cars, humanoid robots, solar cells/storage. It's biggest earners in 5 to 7 year's time will be robo taxis and robots. Much of it's AI will be linked universally via starlink. It will take years for BYD to catch up if ever.
tiong automaker is now copying musk’s every move. it’s launching low earth orbit satellites to mimic starlink. if musk shits and eats his own shit tiongs will copy that too.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes but hydorgen does not have negatives of EV Lithium battery. Nobody talks about Lithium battery disposal and cobalt/lithium mining enviornment issue.

Using off peak.power to generate Hydrogen is cost effective since its lost anyway if not use.

i’m seeing more mirais on the road and more fuel cell points on the map these days. mass adoption will lead to more fuel cell fueling stations. demand spurs supply.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal

The converse is true. Hydrogen as you perceive wrongly has long term negatives.

Batteries on current technologies are problematic but once newer battery technologies come online with lesser environmental issues and instant charging times, will stop your resistance in it's track

Hydrogen conversion to power does not produce CO2. That is produced in the power plants when they generate electricity by burning fossils. Your thinking that during off peak hours it can be used to generate electricity because otherwise it will generate CO2 as well? Get a handle of the technicalities. You so far in error.

The bigger evil, long term no doubt, is the use of hydrogen as motoring fuel. We're better off just remaining on fossils then.

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
The converse is true. Hydrogen as you perceive wrongly has long term negatives.

Batteries on current technologies are problematic but once newer battery technologies come online with lesser environmental issues and instant charging times, will stop your resistance in it's track

Hydrogen conversion to power does not produce CO2. That is produced in the power plants when they generate electricity by burning fossils. Your thinking that during off peak hours it can be used to generate electricity because otherwise it will generate CO2 as well? Get a handle of the technicalities. You so far in error.

The bigger evil, long term no doubt, is the use of hydrogen as motoring fuel. We're better off just remaining on fossils then.

So you based every thing on hope of better battery technologies? i also hope Elvis presley alive and sing with michael jackson in neverland.

regardless still no solution to Lithium battery disposal. And its a fact the Hysteresis sets in and battery at best last 5 years and deteriorates in performance.

Electricity for EV cars also come from power plants. if there is alternative to use nuclear plants, then will really be zero emission but it then pose the problem of nuclear waste disposal.

Reagrdless, there are negatives to hydrogen tech, but it removes the long charging time, the harmful mining of lithium, cobalt and problem of their disposal.

liamricci

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks amazing! Tesla is the most unusual looking car in my opinion and i would be very happy to drive this beauty one day. For now i am just a poor student, who is extremely happy to find essay writer in Canada https://canadianwritings.com/ and which can go to the party this weekend. Expensive cars, luxury clothes and other accessories are great to have, still there are much more things in life which bring us happiness.

Last edited:

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
China has won. Angmoh losers will simply push to abandon EVs with the argument that they are bad for environment, the exact opposite of what they preached when the race for EV started several years back. Tesla is so ugly that it will simply diminish and follow the path of Ford. Very soon only a few die hard American will stick to their Tesla while the rests of the world move ahead with Chinese EVs. Next thing that will happen is angmohs will slap tariffs against Chinese EVs so they could save their dying car industries. China however can count on its domestic market and the majority of the developing countries in the world. Angmoh will just sulk at the corner and suck thumb because their govt tariffs make the Chinese EVs costlier than Mercedes.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
China has won. Angmoh losers will simply push to abandon EVs with the argument that they are bad for environment, the exact opposite of what they preached when the race for EV started several years back. Tesla is so ugly that it will simply diminish and follow the path of Ford. Very soon only a few die hard American will stick to their Tesla while the rests of the world move ahead with Chinese EVs. Next thing that will happen is angmohs will slap tariffs against Chinese EVs so they could save their dying car industries. China however can count on its domestic market and the majority of the developing countries in the world. Angmoh will just sulk at the corner and suck thumb because their govt tariffs make the Chinese EVs costlier than Mercedes.
yalor. looks like prc has won being the largest graveyard for evs.
1707138239815.jpeg

superpower

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trap set by amdk for beijing to go Horlan with EV tech
EV graveyards nothing to do with AMDK la. It's the very generous subsidies given by the government that made every mom-and-pop auto company hop on the EV bandwagon, resulting in a massive boom as well as massive overproduction. That's the trouble when governments try to micromanage industrial policy... often results in poor responsiveness to market signals. On the upside, the subsidies have enable the Chinese automakers to survive on razor thin margins and kill off their overseas competitors.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
EV graveyards nothing to do with AMDK la. It's the very generous subsidies given by the government that made every mom-and-pop auto company hop on the EV bandwagon, resulting in a massive boom as well as massive overproduction. That's the trouble when governments try to micromanage industrial policy... often results in poor responsiveness to market signals. On the upside, the subsidies have enable the Chinese automakers to survive on razor thin margins and kill off their overseas competitors.
very much like solar panels. ccp dumped their below cost panels in californicate and now killed off the entire market, not only american competitors but their own supply chain. it’s slow suicide not sudden death. it’s ccp way of interfering in market manipulation, which eventually leads to death and demise for all.