• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New Singapore Favourite Coffee Shop Talks

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
>You need to behave yourself here though or you'll be red carded.

Yeah, see what I mean. That's what I don't like about staying here....

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dude, to be fair, that's your personal freedom and choice. Nobody asked you to read 200 forums to get a life. And it's not Sam's responsibility to GIVE you a forum to begin with. And if you task yourself to be a hero replying to every single damn shit there is in cyberspace, at least take the responsibility to blame yourself for it.

What I'm trying to say, dude, is that if Sam didn't migrate to the new forum, today there will still be 1 SBF where most Singaporeans will go to, to hear or give alternate views.

Doesn't that sound like the PAP whom you have been so against? ONE party? Don't mind me, but you are starting to sound hypocritical here you know.

Participating in a forum is completely different from party elections. In forum participation, whether the forum succeed or not depends on participants. Get it? The more participants come to a forum to engage each other, the better it is for the forum. It has nothing to do with being PAP or whatever. Don't mix up the 2.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
>You need to behave yourself here though or you'll be red carded.

Yeah, see what I mean. That's what I don't like about staying here....

A red card will affect your livelihood? Your promotion prospects? Your business interests?:rolleyes:

It's simply an additional dimension of member interaction. There are tons of 10,000 posts here and how many posts have resulted in red cards?

What it means is simple.. you behave like an arsehole, you'll be red carded. You are level headed and civil, nobody will red card you. It makes the forum more realistic as actions and words have consequences just as they do in the real world.

However, even if you are red carded, it won't affect your bank account. Bans last only 24 hours. You log off and have a good night's sleep. The next day, you can continue posting. :wink:

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
He reads 5 or 6 forums and it's my fault? :rolleyes: It's this sort of character who'll blame society, the weapons manufacturer, his childhood, his parents and his school teachers for some horrendous crime that he commits.:p

Well, before you start the new SBF, there is only 1 SBF, is it not? After you started the new SBF and shut down the old one, we now have 5-6 alternate ones, right? You see the cause and effect? So, who is to blame?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Well, before you start the new SBF, there is only 1 SBF, is it not? After you started the new SBF and shut down the old one, we now have 5-6 alternate ones, right? You see the cause and effect? So, who is to blame?

I would say that the people to blame are the ones who started the 5 to 6 alternative forums. They were not started on my orders or request.:biggrin:

I only started ONE forum to replace the old one. If everyone comes here and gets used to the new interface, they'll be enjoying themselves in no time. :p

BTW how do you know that one of the alternative forum is not being run by me too?:p In cyberspace, you can be anyone you want. :wink:

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only one complaint against sam... he should not just terminate the delphi forum suddenly... yeah... you did say you are going to but at least give a deadline....

This one... pap 1... sam 0.... :biggrin:

beng

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I only one complaint against sam... he should not just terminate the delphi forum suddenly... yeah... you did say you are going to but at least give a deadline....

This one... pap 1... sam 0.... :biggrin:

beng

http://www.sammyboy.com/showpost.php?p=10865&postcount=17

How the PAP is involved is an absolute mystery to me. My running a forum is all about me and my forum and my finances and time. How on earth does the PAP come into the picture???:confused:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The real cause and effect is that the people do not know what is call quality.

Even if there is 1000 duplicates, the quality one will stand out. and of course only the quality individuals will know how to choose.

TaurusGuy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam has indeed become more vocal ever since this new forum is up and running. This is a good sign and i think you are now more and more like the Sam of the past.

Some said the original sam sold his site. is there any truth in it ? :p

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Ironically... the pap and sbf is interwined like meesiam with hum..... the hatred for one serves as fodder for the other... :o:smile::cool::biggrin:

beng

That was the problem with the old coffee shop. 80% of the forum was nothing but hatred. I can also assure you that the old forum did absolutely nothing to the PAP.

I hope we can achieve a better balance here. I like forums where reading the content brings a smile to ones face.

I don't know how long you've been around but I can tell you that when the Delphi coffee shop first started, it was filled with numerous jokers who were simply hilarious. Reading the contents every morning used to make my day!:biggrin:

The old birds will vouch for that.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
What I'm trying to say, dude, is that if Sam didn't migrate to the new forum, today there will still be 1 SBF where most Singaporeans will go to, to hear or give alternate views.

Dude, you obviously believe in ONE god (no offense it's just a metopher). Do you not know of tomorrow.sg, and many many other SG forums there are out there that people of different ages and background go to?

Have you not heard of the most primitive ever forum call the kopitiam, as in the REAL LIFE one where all the uncles and ah pehs go to kao peh kao bu and challenge the matas 30-10?

You still don't get my point do you? Since when did Sam OWE any one of us a forum to go to? If you want a forum, then you owe it to yourself to get one. Entitlement mentality isn't it? Sam is your brother or uncle or owe you money he has to service you that way?

Participating in a forum is completely different from party elections. In forum participation, whether the forum succeed or not depends on participants. Get it? The more participants come to a forum to engage each other, the better it is for the forum. It has nothing to do with being PAP or whatever. Don't mix up the 2.

Yes. And if those other forums cannot do what they should do of uniting against Sam if they so hate him, like the oppos against PAP, then whose fault is it? Sam? Sam did not tell them to fight each other for content, nor ask them to come together. It's free choice. And you were asking for free choice because according to you PAP is against choice. It's about PRINCIPLES, not the freaking entity you name as PAP or oppos. They are just mere illustrations.

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know how long you've been around but I can tell you that when the Delphi coffee shop first started, it was filled with numerous jokers who were simply hilarious. Reading the contents every morning used to make my day!:biggrin:

Well, dont u like to watch boxing matches with blood and gore all over the boxing ring?:wink:

"Are you not entertained!?"

HAHAH!

Geylang Cheongster

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, dont u like to watch boxing matches with blood and gore all over the boxing ring?:wink:

"Are you not entertained!?"

HAHAH!

Hi Bro.

I know what sam means lah. I also went to the old delphi coffee shop but cannot tahan the way people argue.. curse and swear at each other and 4 letter words used to full effect but no intelligence involved.

In the early days, people also had many arguments but the way they argue had a bit of class and when they tekan each other they use intelligent but funny remarks to make a good effect on their message.

You go the the delphi forum now and see. Nothing but heated arguments and cursing all the political parties. WP curse SDP. SDP curse PAP. Some curse everyboDy. In the end all of us also "si". :biggrin:

What is the point. Life is so short. At work, we fight with our co workers. At home, fight with the relatives. Go army, pretend to fight with the enemy. Come to coffee shop and still want to fight with people??? For what??? I ask you.:p

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dude, you obviously believe in ONE god (no offense it's just a metopher). Do you not know of tomorrow.sg, and many many other SG forums there are out there that people of different ages and background go to?

Sure there are many forums even when old SBF is around. But people generally congregate to a "general" or generic forum and with many other smaller but niche forums around. It's a natural evolution. Even on the internet, there are only a few big giant portals around serving the general people but of course with many smaller or mid-size portals cater to niches like specific hobbies or localities etc.

The old SBF was the general forum serving the Singaporeans who wants to see or hear ot talk in alternate views or voices. But I agree. Sam dont owe us a living. the old SBF belongs to Sam and certainly he has every right to do what he wants with it. It's a pity to see it go when it was thriving...

It's like a rich man who has the only big park in Singapore and he was generous enough to let all the kids and folks to use his park. Then one day, he changed his mind to close his park barring anyone from going. Instead, he now builds the park in Palau Tekong and ask the folks to go there instead.... :wink:

Have you not heard of the most primitive ever forum call the kopitiam, as in the REAL LIFE one where all the uncles and ah pehs go to kao peh kao bu and challenge the matas 30-10?

Sure, ah pehs go to coffeeshops, that's probably because a lot of the older folks do not have the habit to go online. I prefer online forum where thousands of people can interact. It's more stimulating...

You still don't get my point do you? Since when did Sam OWE any one of us a forum to go to? If you want a forum, then you owe it to yourself to get one. Entitlement mentality isn't it? Sam is your brother or uncle or owe you money he has to service you that way?

I agree. I can't really blame the rich man to close his park since afterall, the park belongs to him in the first place. I guess due to the inconvenience of going to Pulau Tekong, some folks will go to some smaller parks in the mainland instead. It's a pity not to be able to meet up with the thousands of people together as before. that's what I'm saying.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I agree. I can't really blame the rich man to close his park since afterall, the park belongs to him in the first place. I guess due to the inconvenience of going to Pulau Tekong, some folks will go to some smaller parks in the mainland instead. It's a pity not to be able to meet up with the thousands of people together as before. that's what I'm saying.

This new forum is not in tekong. The old forum was in Tekong.

The old forum had the address http://forums.delphiforums.com/sammyboymod/

That was an out of town tekong type of address.

The new forum is located in the very heart of cyberspace. The address is http://www.sammyboy.com It's like being in an Orchard Road Prime time location!!!:biggrin:

If you want to interact with thousands, just be patient. At any one time, there are a whole string of "guests" viewing this forum. These "guests" are actually members of the old forum. They're lurking here at the moment and will definitely join us sooner or later. After all, this is sammyboy.com... Singapore's most famous website. :p

Guruking

Alfrescian
Loyal

maybe the park is full of gangsters, glue-sniffer, drug peddlers so the owner thinks it is bad for the ah peks and young kids and decided to close the park. Inconvienience is always our lifestyle, when did Papiess make our life easier with a lot of convenients?:rolleyes:

Ppl can flock to batam, bangkok to have sex so what is a slow bumboat ride to Tekong to drink kopi?:biggrin:

clinton69

Alfrescian
Loyal
flparty? HAHAHAHA!

Brother Kojakbt,

I can confirm Leongsam is not one of the faithful samster who started the alternative sammyboyforum by flparty although much do we hope so.

The forum become a leongsam punching bag and would he be so idiot to setup alternative to bash himself up?

Brother, You are like online 24 hours a day posting in all 6 forums. How do you managed? Anyway, hope to see you posting there than here. Sorry leongsam.