• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New from Sony - 36MP alpha7R

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
boss, please share with us your opinion about non traditional camera brand such as Sony and Samsung and comparing them with traditional camera such as canon, nikon and pentax?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
boss, please share with us your opinion about non traditional camera brand such as Sony and Samsung and comparing them with traditional camera such as canon, nikon and pentax?

You can take award winning images with any camera.

However, Nikon and Canon are renowned for making cameras for a specific purpose in mind eg the Nikon D4 is an action photography camera along with the Canon 1DX. The yield when taking action shots is much higher with these cameras compared to using a Sony or Pentax which was not built for the specific purpose of focusing on and freezing action with great precision.

The other advantage of Nikon and Canon is that you have a very wide variety of lenses and accessories.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
awesome. i will wait for the review with bated breath.

anything here for you sammyboy?

sony have balls, not like nikon and canon - no balls, afraid that their dslr line sale be affected by mirrorless.
it is virtually a d800 at a smaller, lighter body.

Last edited:

Pioneer

Alfrescian
Loyal
$600 difference between Sony A7 and A7R, wonder if it is worthwhile spending extra $600 for the A7R..

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$600 difference between Sony A7 and A7R, wonder if it is worthwhile spending extra $600 for the A7R..

Yeah i will spend the extra 600, for sure.

Let put it that way, if you dun want A7R, too much for you? then you should consider buying another system. Because this system going to cost a lot of money. Worse, we do not know the quality of the lens yet.

like the pathetic NEX lenses range. what a disappointment that was.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah Sam, is it made in tiong kok? :eek:

very high end, make in japan for sure.
100%. this system is very expensive. it is going to be for someone who know basic photography, this is not a beginner camera. can you handle it?

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oi, you look down on me ah? I got stuff explored on Flickr! :mad::oIo:

very high end, make in japan for sure.
100%. this system is very expensive. it is going to be for someone who know basic photography, this is not a beginner camera. can you handle it?