• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New from Sony - 36MP alpha7R

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just my 2 cents. Sony has been coming uo with really 'sophisticated' cameras due to them purchasing Minolta n their designs have leap frogged the traditional canon n nikon. Look at the rx100. Canon n nikon dont even have anything tat close. However for its interchangeable lens cameras etc. Singveld is right accessories n lenses leaves alot to b desired. But given time n resources. Sony will catch up if it wants to. Right now i feel sony is a more high market. Targetting amatuer pros who just want 1 system. Just my rants.

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, the RX100 is too high end as a compact for most consumers. I don't see the point in making a full frame fixed lens compact that prices itself out of the consumer market. The winner will be Fujifilm.

Just my 2 cents. Sony has been coming uo with really 'sophisticated' cameras due to them purchasing Minolta n their designs have leap frogged the traditional canon n nikon. Look at the rx100. Canon n nikon dont even have anything tat close. However for its interchangeable lens cameras etc. Singveld is right accessories n lenses leaves alot to b desired. But given time n resources. Sony will catch up if it wants to. Right now i feel sony is a more high market. Targetting amatuer pros who just want 1 system. Just my rants.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I mean sony is more a niche market..for the Fujifilm, the made in Japan lens is good however their sensors for the X10 and X 20 is smaller than the 1 inch for the RX100. and I for the price, I prefer the RX100. For Sony have to buy their stand alone systems,,,if want to get it and than change lens etc,,can forget it...

Anyway, my shots are mostly indoor of family, parties etc...I dont need an ultra zoom, just one that is good with portraits and a bright lens...so I am leaning towards to Canon EOS M. It has most of what I want...

Unfortunately, the RX100 is too high end as a compact for most consumers. I don't see the point in making a full frame fixed lens compact that prices itself out of the consumer market. The winner will be Fujifilm.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2...-d800-which-full-frame-camera-should-you-buy/

Sony has announced the Sony A7 and Sony A7R, two new full-frame mirrorless compact system cameras. Big on features but small on size and weight, they share the same design, although there are a couple of key differences that set them apart.

The entry-level Sony A7 features a 24.3MP CMOS full frame sensor and an improved Fast Hybrid autofocus system that uses a combination of phase detection (fast) and contrast detection (accurate) autofocus.

Aimed at enthusiasts and professional photographers, the Sony A7R gets an upgraded sensor – a 36.4 effective megapixel full frame sensor which does away with an optical low-pass filter (OLPF) for improved sharpness, at the expense of some moire.

The Sony A7R’s sensor specification comes close to the Nikon D800, or rather the Nikon D800E which also lacks an OLPF. But can the Sony A7R compact system camera really deliver a performance to rival the leading high-megapixel DSLR? Hopefully our Sony A7R vs Nikon D800 comparison will answer some of your questions…

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I'll be sticking to my Nikon for most assignments for the same reason that many seasoned old timers will be doing the same... my huge stock of legacy accessories and lenses.

However, that won't stop me from buying a new toy just for the fun of it. That's what I did with the Olympus OMD. I have ONE wide angle lens which is permanently attached to the camera and it's used exclusively for street photography and family gatherings.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
awesome. i will wait for the review with bated breath.

anything here for you sammyboy?

sony have balls, not like nikon and canon - no balls, afraid that their dslr line sale be affected by mirrorless.
it is virtually a d800 at a smaller, lighter body.

Cool!

I am looking for a cheap camera rental place when I can test out the latest cameras and lens. In this way, I do not just read the review but also test out the equipment.

What this guy did is bad.
Camera company DigitalRev busted selling used cameras sold as new online
http://www.news.com.au/technology/b...ld-as-new-online/story-fn5lic6c-1226580348144

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good choice! There's a reason why your Nikon comes at a certain cost. :wink:

I'll be sticking to my Nikon for most assignments for the same reason that many seasoned old timers will be doing the same... my huge stock of legacy accessories and lenses.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset