• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor is industrial park destination of choice
By Laura Lee
Friday, 07 Feb 2014, 12:01 AM

Johor and Penang have emerged as hotspots for the industrial market, while Malaysia’s most industrialised state, Selangor, has become “one of the most ignored areas” as there have not been many private industrial estate developments there over the last 25 years.

The lack of suitable industrial parks is hampering decision-making regarding expansion, relocation and, more importantly, new foreign direct investment in Selangor. This could result in Selangor’s losing its position as the industrial powerhouse of Malaysia.

Axis REIT Managers Bhd CEO and executive director Datuk George Stewart LaBrooy also lists the migration of jobs to Johor and other states, a slower growth in per capita income and an over-reliance on services, construction and other sectors as contributing factors.

Although most industrial properties are well-received and the tenancy period is lengthy, LaBrooy says many do not understand there is real value in investing in industrial assets.

Given that an investor venturing into industrial assets will normally stay for 20 to 25 years, he or she should recover the cost of investment and own a nice piece of land at the end of the day.

Malaysia has over 200 industrial estates or parks developed by government agencies such as state economic development corporations, regional development agencies, port authorities and municipal councils.

- See more at: http://www.focusmalaysia.my/Assets/...rk-destination-of-choice#sthash.L3UZiQWm.dpuf

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor is industrial park destination of choice
By Laura Lee
Friday, 07 Feb 2014, 12:01 AM

Johor and Penang have emerged as hotspots for the industrial market, while Malaysia’s most industrialised state, Selangor, has become “one of the most ignored areas” as there have not been many private industrial estate developments there over the last 25 years.

The lack of suitable industrial parks is hampering decision-making regarding expansion, relocation and, more importantly, new foreign direct investment in Selangor. This could result in Selangor’s losing its position as the industrial powerhouse of Malaysia.

Axis REIT Managers Bhd CEO and executive director Datuk George Stewart LaBrooy also lists the migration of jobs to Johor and other states, a slower growth in per capita income and an over-reliance on services, construction and other sectors as contributing factors.

Although most industrial properties are well-received and the tenancy period is lengthy, LaBrooy says many do not understand there is real value in investing in industrial assets.

Given that an investor venturing into industrial assets will normally stay for 20 to 25 years, he or she should recover the cost of investment and own a nice piece of land at the end of the day.

Malaysia has over 200 industrial estates or parks developed by government agencies such as state economic development corporations, regional development agencies, port authorities and municipal councils.

- See more at: http://www.focusmalaysia.my/Assets/...rk-destination-of-choice#sthash.L3UZiQWm.dpuf

The SME towkays in Defu Lane and Kaki Bukit should be looking at these places soon with the rapid decrease in supply of industrial spaces there.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Locals got no choice. Foreigners are more daring; as they can still go back to their home country if anything screw up.

Already heard from my learned friends in the banking arena that the Indons are doing that to their properties now; akin to 96/97. Need to keep an eye on the frequency of such SIVs. They rather lose half a million now than $1 million if forced to disposed down the road.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rich people will regret taking advantage of loopholes in the past; worrying it will come back over and over again to haunt them.

They will try to reverse or make amend if possible.

Already heard from my learned friends in the banking arena that the Indons are doing that to their properties now; akin to 96/97. Need to keep an eye on the frequency of such SIVs. They rather lose half a million now than $1 million if forced to disposed down the road.

hemohemo

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST reported a MNC Bank relocated staff from Changi to MBFC. What's not reported is the relocation of staff out of Singapore to lower cost center. This relocation of staff out of SG continued from the previous rounds of relocation from TKY and HK. Can anyone share if similar trend happens with other MNC banks?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia is No. 2 choice for property investors here: Survey
The Straits Times
Monday, Feb 10, 2014

Malaysia is the most popular investment destination for property investors here after Singapore, a survey held at an STProperty seminar on foreign property showed.

Out of 1,613 respondents, 34 per cent favoured Malaysia, with the economic corridor of Iskandar a firm favourite among buyers. A majority said they were likely to buy a property there in the next six to 12 months, and pointed to Medini Signature and Tropicana Danga Bay as their top choices.

Not surprisingly, the home market was the favourite by a large majority, with 79 per cent preferring to buy an investment property in Singapore.

Australia was the third choice among those surveyed, at 27 per cent.

Outside these popular investment destinations, investors also pointed to Thailand and the United States as countries where they would like to buy properties.

Respondents said they were most comfortable buying foreign property that would cost them less than $1 million. A third of those surveyed also said they were keen on investing in commercial properties overseas, on top of traditional picks such as condominiums or landed homes.

However, more respondents were keen on investing in hotels than in industrial properties.

When it came to what buyers looked out for in a property, location was the top factor, trumping concerns about the country's political stability. Pricing and potential for capital appreciation were also at the top of buyer checklists.

STProperty will be holding a seminar on March 1 and 2 at the Suntec City Convention Centre on the impact of the Government's cooling measures and how the US' reduction of its bond-buying programme would affect opportunities abroad.

As part of an early-bird discount, a one-day pass will be available at $18, while a two-day pass will cost $30. After Feb 14, the price of a one-day pass will be $25, while a two-day pass will be $40.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/business/malaysia-no-2-choice-property-investors-here-survey

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
LBS Bina plans RM2b property project in Johor Bahru (update)
Published: Friday February 14, 2014 MYT 6:41:00 PM
Updated: Friday February 14, 2014 MYT 7:44:45 PM

KUALA LUMPUR: LBS Bina Group Bhd plans to undertake a mixed property project in Johor Bahru with a gross development value of RM2bil following the purchase of 4.32 acres of leasehold land from the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) for RM71.82mil.

LBS Bina said on Friday the project would comprise of 2,700 units of residential and commercial properties with an estimated GDV of RM2bil spread over eight years. The units would comprise of retails units, hotel suites, small office home office units and service apartments.

Its unit Sinaran Restu Sdn Bhd had signed two sales and purchase agreements with the EPF to acquire two pieces of 99-year leasehold land, totalling 17,514 sq metres in Bandar Johor Bahru for cash consideration of RM71.82mil.

To recap, Sinaran Restu had on July 6, 2013 signed an agreement with Hotel Rasa Sayang Sdn Bhd to buy a 1.18 acres piece of freehold land in Johor Bahru.

LBS Bina explained the land purchased from the EPF is contiguous to the existing site and they would form a large plot of land with total area of 5.5 acres for better development planning.

Subsequent to the acquisition of the EPF land, the proposed project on the existing land would be revised and advanced from a project only consisting 579 units service apartment with GDV of about RM500mil into a mixed development project.

"It is also in line with the overall group's strategy to enlarge its land banks in different states in the country, especially in the Central Business District of Johor Bahru which is within Zone A of Iskandar Malaysia, to meet and tap on the increasing demand from its properties in Johor.

"The revised proposed development which is expected to be commenced in year 2015 enables the group to make fast turnaround on the development land which benefits both the purchasers as well as the company," it said.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/...a-plans-RM2b-property-project-in-Johor-Bahru/

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw a few adverts in the Chinese Papers, and in other forums. Thought I will post it here.

IOI PROPERTIES => OLEANDER 示范屋 ,KEMPAS UTAMAN
DOUBLE STOREY CLUSTER RESIDENCES: Land size 33 X 75

A 型 : Built-up 2628 平方尺

B 型 : Built-up 3111 平方尺

PLENITUDE BERHAD => TMN DESA TEBRAU
3 Storey semi-d ranging from 1.6m onwards

BERINDA: Ponderosa Vista (showhouse in Mar'14)
2 Storey semi-d ranging from 1.6m onwards

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw a few adverts in the Chinese Papers, and in other forums. Thought I will post it here.

Are they nett price or have not factored in discount?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

i suppose it's next to lakeview condo there..
ponderosa vista is freehold or leasehold land? any idea?

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
i suppose it's next to lakeview condo there..
ponderosa vista is freehold or leasehold land? any idea?

Haha yes, you are right on the location. Ponderosa Vista is freehold. Showhouse launch is in Mar 2014.... I would snap it if it's 3 storey with club facilities at RM 1.6m. Unfortunately, it's 2 storey without facilities... Pricing is nevertheless, still acceptable I guess. Hehe

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha yes, you are right on the location. Ponderosa Vista is freehold. Showhouse launch is in Mar 2014.... I would snap it if it's 3 storey with club facilities at RM 1.6m. Unfortunately, it's 2 storey without facilities... Pricing is nevertheless, still acceptable I guess. Hehe

i think it's gonna be awesome there. but i can't afford to throw 1.6M. :(
wow.. what's the land psf huh? assuming it/s 40 x90, it's already 440++ rm psf. it's a new high for the area for semi dee, right.?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think it's gonna be awesome there. but i can't afford to throw 1.6M. :(
wow.. what's the land psf huh? assuming it/s 40 x90, it's already 440++ rm psf. it's a new high for the area for semi dee, right.?

According to sales staff, its ard Rm 1.6m for (40 x80) @ 3,400 built up, and 1.8m for (45 x90) @ 3,900 built up. Not too far from Sunway Lenang Heights pricing I think, but yes its more ex than Ponderosa Villa, which was actually quite a gd buy on hindsight.....haha

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

3-storey needs very strong knees n e stairs eat up e floor area. Best is single storey but I'm not allowed to buy.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to sales staff, its ard Rm 1.6m for (40 x80) @ 3,400 built up, and 1.8m for (45 x90) @ 3,900 built up. Not too far from Sunway Lenang Heights pricing I think, but yes its more ex than Ponderosa Villa, which was actually quite a gd buy on hindsight.....haha

location better than lenang heights , my opinion only.
yeah.. when ever buy new house, its always "new high". especially branded developer. i think for landed housing jb no way but up as the preferred locations all get built up...