• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

rockyB

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's this new freehold condo D'Inspire Residence launching at Bukit Indah. (most comprehensive link i can find)

It's near Bestari Heights landed which was launched some time back. I think this area is good because of the giant hypermarts, and near enough to other amenities. Did anyone buy Bestari Heights? Can give a comparison between landed and condo at Bukit Indah?

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's this new freehold condo D'Inspire Residence launching at Bukit Indah. (most comprehensive link i can find)

It's near Bestari Heights landed which was launched some time back. I think this area is good because of the giant hypermarts, and near enough to other amenities. Did anyone buy Bestari Heights? Can give a comparison between landed and condo at Bukit Indah?

think this is at nusa bestari. developer will be sp setia for any development in Bukit Indah, this is by KSL. As in every project, early BI condo buyers are making gains but i see BI condo's psf potential is challenged by its proximity to the landed that would give potential buyers more options and put pressure on the resale pricing. however this effect could be negated by the ever rising condo prices in Medini given BI's proximity to the place - There are people who will only consider highrise condo due to perceived tighter security and more manageable maintenance – so given a choice btw condos in Medini and BI, investors may show preference for the BI condos due to lower psf and FH status

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already give warning on the other thread on D'Inspire Residence. 800 plus PSF
Nearby BI condo selling below 600 psf. the extra 200 PSF will cover any thing extra the developer promised. KSL as developer has previously toyed with buyer of their KSL city condo. Do research before signing on the dotted line.

I bought sky ex suites coz its nearer to the 3 hypermarts and similar location for at least 300 psf cheaper.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already give warning on the other thread on D'Inspire Residence. 800 plus PSF
Nearby BI condo selling below 600 psf. the extra 200 PSF will cover any thing extra the developer promised. KSL as developer has previously toyed with buyer of their KSL city condo. Do research before signing on the dotted line.

I bought sky ex suites coz its nearer to the 3 hypermarts and similar location for at least 300 psf cheaper.

ya, we shd shame all the lousy developers like KSL. Buyers beware !

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hopefully we will hear some news about his auto city. Rumors going around says the project shelved.

image.jpg

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would buy resale (Setia's) at RM500+ psf than to buy KSL's. KSL's reputation is suspect.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Utusan is run by hard line umno members. By publishing this article they are trying to start a war with singapore.

Utusan columnist says would have attacked Singapore over island

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 16 — Malaysia should have waged war on Singapore to keep Pulau Batu Puteh instead of bringing the dispute to the International Court of Justice, Utusan Malaysia columnist Ridhuan Tee Abdullah wrote in an editorial today.

image.jpg

In a sharply-worded piece touching on criticisms by Singapore founding father Lee Kuan Yew (picture) in his book “One Man’s View of the World”, Tee said the republic was fortunate he was not the prime minister of Malaysia during the time.

“I certainly would not bring the matter to the International Court of Justice (ICJ). The only resolution to the dispute is war,” he wrote further.

“The world has witnessed the loss of Malay land to the ultra kiasu.

“Today, Malays are humiliated, but ‘we’ remain silent,” he added.

Pulau Batu Puteh, or Pedra Branca as it is now known, was a disputed island claimed by Malaysia and Singapore.

The row over the island’s ownership traces back to 1979, when Malaysia published a map indicating the island to be within the country’s territory.

This led to a nearly three-decade dispute with Singapore that was finally ended when the island was ruled to be Singaporean territory by the International Court of Justice in 2008.

Last month, Lee reignited dormant hostilities when he touched on Malaysian issues in his latest book, particularly with his assessment of Malaysia’s race-based affirmative action policies.

In it, he accused Malaysia of driving away its talent by promoting “one race” above all others.

"They are prepared to lose that talent in order to maintain the dominance of one race," read an excerpt of Lee’s book.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh no one by one pulling out their investment in Iskandar.

Taiwan firm scraps RM35b Pengerang project[/B]

Changes in the macro environment of the petrochemical industry forces company to recall its Malaysian project.

PETALING JAYA: Taiwan state-owned Kuokuang Petrochemical Technology Company (KPTC) has confirmed dropping its RM35 billion investment proposal in Pengerang, Johor, citing changes in the macro environment of the industry as a main reason.

image.jpg
Lin Sheng-Chung, chairman of CPC Corporation which controls KPTC, told Taiwan’s Commercial Times that the global trend of shale gas extraction has impacted on the performance of naphtha cracking.

Using ethane in shale gas as the raw material for ethylene only costs half of the amount as compared to using traditional raw material, naphtha.

Lin said since shale gas extraction is more cost-effective, the company needed to reconsider all its investment proposals abroad that were of naphtha cracking nature.

In addition, he said KPTC was making string of investments in China.

“The Malaysia investment plan has to be scrapped, but the losses incurred were only limited to preliminary research costs,” he said.

‘No official letter’

The daily previously quoted an undisclosed source of saying the decision to scrap the Pengerang plan was made in a May 6 meeting.

Kuokuang signed a letter of intent on land investment with the Johor government in July last year.

The investment proposal passed a detailed environment impact assessment (DEIA) last month, and the report is now under the scrutiny of environment ministry.

Johor Petroleum Development Corporation chief executive officer Mohd Yazid Jaafar, when contacted, said they were caught by surprise with the news report, but have yet to receive any formal response from KPTC.

He said the Malaysian government has given KPTC a freehand to conduct feasibility study until its letter of intent expires this month.

“We have sent them a couple of emails asking them to tell us what their decision is,” he told FMT.

He said even if KPTC were to withdraw, it would not affect the Pengerang Integrated Petroleum Complex (PIPC) project because they have drawn up an alternative investment scenario.

“The lot allocated to KPTC can be broken up further to suit other investors,” he said.

He also assured that the plan to relocate the affected residents will not be halted.

The DAP’s Mengkibol assemblyman Tan Hong Ping, who accompanied Pengerang residents to Taiwan last month to protest against KPTC, said the news brings little relief to the group.

He said this is because the proposed KPTC plant only makes up 10% of the entire PIPC, which covers 22,500 acres.

Also read:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ironically this Tee fella is an ethnic chinese muslim who sees himself as a Malay and seem to see himself as a defender or Malay rights.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The real wellness center in JB is not at Medini. It will be an expensive place for actual retirement n getting well.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ironically this Tee fella is an ethnic chinese muslim who sees himself as a Malay and seem to see himself as a defender or Malay rights.

To speak of war under any circumstance is extreme. And these are the kind of extremist views that are being allowed to flourish by UMNO. What a shame.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya, we shd shame all the lousy developers like KSL. Buyers beware !

Yes, i'm one of the victim in KSL kempas. Consider lucky, managed to get back half booking after challenging the management. 2.5k gone. don't trust verbal. term and condition apply etc.

good luck to buyers.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, i'm one of the victim in KSL kempas. Consider lucky, managed to get back half booking after challenging the management. 2.5k gone. don't trust verbal. term and condition apply etc.

good luck to buyer.

What happened to e Kempas booking? I tot it looks pretty good. At least cheaper Bestari Heights.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
To speak of war under any circumstance is extreme. And these are the kind of extremist views that are being allowed to flourish by UMNO. What a shame.

War over a few rocks in the deep blue sea, when MY got lots of land?? This Tee guy talk only lah.....I bet he hasnt even held a rifle or dug a trench before...

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would buy resale (Setia's) at RM500+ psf than to buy KSL's. KSL's reputation is suspect.

From my experience with SP Setia, they're a decent developer even when it comes to fixing defects. Malaysian standards are pretty low so its important to buy from one of the best developers, to avoid grief.SP Setia has a global presence and cant afford to ruin their reputation.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my experience with SP Setia, they're a decent developer even when it comes to fixing defects. Malaysian standards are pretty low so its important to buy from one of the best developers, to avoid grief.SP Setia has a global presence and cant afford to ruin their reputation.

SP Setia good. Malaysians all over have chop & guarantee one. Safer to buy from the big boys - pay a bit more, but worth it to have peace of mind and a better overall product. Sime darby and UEM are good too.

On another note, let me add another not so great developer. MK Land. although the owner muhamad kamal is my hometown boy, but his project all.. quality on the lower side.

Last edited: