• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB CBD Area Properties (Sky88, TwinGalaxy, Summerplace, Skysuite, Paragon etc)

Seri Austin is really nice for living..

The environment in the Seri Austin taman looks very nice... And it more affordable than Bukit Indah area.... not really convenient going in and out of sg in comparison?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB CBD Area Properties (Sky88, TwinGalaxy, Summerplace, Skysuite, Paragon etc)

The environment in the Seri Austin taman looks very nice... And it more affordable than Bukit Indah area.... not really convenient going in and out of sg in comparison?

If you stay or work in Tuas area , 2nd link make more sense . Also woodland check point will jam most of the time.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you stay or work in Tuas area , 2nd link make more sense . Also woodland check point will jam most of the time.

hmmm...Seri Austin looks abit far from 2nd link though...

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod

Any housing agent here?

kindly drop me a PM. thanks:smile:

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal

PUBLISHED SEPTEMBER 20, 2012
Raffles Edu buys Iskandar site
Land will be used to house Raffles American School
BYANDREA SOH

Raffles American School: The proposed permanent campus will have 300,000 square feet of built-up space for 2,000 students - PHOTO:*RAFFLES EDUCATION CORPORATION
SINGAPORE-listed Raffles Education Corporation has inked a deal with Iskandar Investment Bhd to buy a land plot for Raffles American School (RAS) - its first foray into pre-tertiary education.
The company will pay about RM75 million (S$30 million) for the 18.5-hectare land in EduCity, in Iskandar Malaysia's Nusajaya area.
Iskandar Investment Bhd is the commercial arm of the Malaysian government that has been formed to spearhead the development and transformation of Iskandar Malaysia.
The proposed permanent campus, designed by the New York architectural firm of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, will have 300,000 square feet of built-up space for 2,000 students.
Facilities in the school compound will include an indoor athletic complex, a performing arts centre housing a black box theatre and a 800-seat traditional performing arts theatre, and a library and media centre. Outdoor facilities at the campus comprise two swimming pools, three tennis courts, a soccer field, a basketball court and a 400-metre track.
Construction will be done in two phases. Phase one is targeted to be completed in the 2014-15 school year, after which RAS will be able to hold classes for Kindergarten through Grade 12 and also have full boarding capacity.
RAS offers an American curriculum from kindergarten through to Grade 12, or the equivalent of the second year of junior college in Singapore. Its curriculum is jointly developed with International Schools Services. The school prepares students for admission to US and Western universities, and is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, USA, the company said in its announcement.
RAS started classes for Grades 1 through 8 last month at a temporary campus in Anjung Neighbourhood Centre in Nusajaya.
Besides RAS, Raffles Education Corp had earlier invested RM200 million in Raffles University Iskandar in the same EduCity.
The university that was launched last month offers courses in design and art, business, education and infocomm technology.
Classes for the university are currently conducted at a temporary location at Menara Kotaraya in Johor Bahru while a 26.3-hectare campus is being built, set for completion in 2014.
Another Singapore venture at the EduCity@Iskandar is Management Development Institute of Singapore. It is investing RM300 million in a 12.1-hectare Malaysian site.

tegamanap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow that’s a nice plan... I would recommend you to check the condos for sale on property guru… they even provide landed properties… deciding what to buy will depend on your budget... and the site that I mentioned provides with all the description about the close by shopping mall, transport available etc at one glimpse… have a look

MSLim

Dear all brothers & sisters,

I was doing my research on Iskandar property and i found this excellent forum. Thank you for all your unselfish sharings; i learned so much from your postings.

Thank God for this forum!

I may look into getting a residential unit in JB if HDB still refuses to give me loan (i'm currently staying with parents so not necessary to get my own flat in SG yet) and it seems that all the exciting future development is all happening in Iskandar.

My co. is the marketing agent for the shop/office units (commercial) in Nusajaya which will launch in mid Oct 2012 (please do not misunderstand that i am marketing the new project here, i'm here to seek advise because this is my 1st exposure to JB property)

Will you please share with me your view on shop/office-

The shop/office unit is
4,456sft
3 sty
Freehold
Range RM1.2-1.4m (avg psf RM270)

Do you think the pricing is reasonable?

Is there any upside?

I thank you so much for spending the time to read through my lengthy msg and hope to receive your most honest reply

God bless you, Lim

Last edited by a moderator:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do Sporeans buy landed or condos in JB?

hi all, just want to gauge whether sporeans prefer to buy landed house or condos in JB (especially now with the recent trend of luxury condos like Sky88, Paragon Residence, Tropez Residence locating at strategic city points)? I would think majority would prefer landed since you are free to build, you hve your own land and space and it's almost impossible for most to own a landed house in spore but on the other hand, the luxury condos springing up in JB now offers security, comfort and awesome city/straits time you cant get from a landed house

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
But no matter where you buy, you MUST buy gated and guarded, and have your own precautions e.g. alarm prominently situated, window grilles etc.

Hi bro Reds (responding to an old post)
Glad you feel the same way about security, back then we get bros here who kept advocating to buy non G&G as its better and much safer than G&G. Then of course when you tell them yours is G&G, they say you have hidden agenda, to promote G&G properties etc.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro Reds (responding to an old post)
Glad you feel the same way about security, back then we get bros here who kept advocating to buy non G&G as its better and much safer than G&G. Then of course when you tell them yours is G&G, they say you have hidden agenda, to promote G&G properties etc.

Hi Boss Wuqi, when self interest and money is involved, that's when things get misrepresented. When most well-off locals are trying to move into G&G for safety reasons, I think it is stretching it to say that non G&G are safer. Many forumers here may have bought non G&G or trying to sell off their non G&G......

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Boss Wuqi, when self interest and money is involved, that's when things get misrepresented. When most well-off locals are trying to move into G&G for safety reasons, I think it is stretching it to say that non G&G are safer. Many forumers here may have bought non G&G or trying to sell off their non G&G......

Hi Boss Reds, (i am not boss, just a working lad), it is interesting back then come to think of it. They say g&g is more dangerous as its perceived to be richer, etc but then folks don't realise, anyone can just walk to your place in a non g&g place or folks driving can follow you home. Especially if you are driving a flashy car or have offended folks unwittingly when driving. Of course, one can argue that a determined enough chap can still try to force his way in but at least that will slow the person down for help to arrive and coming in is one thing, going out is another in a proper g&g compound.

Then we have folks who say bad things about a development immediately AFTER they have sold their unit so yeah its funny.

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro Wuqi & Reds, let me share my opinion.

Generally G&G is akin to buying an insurance plan for extra protection and for peace of mind. However the gist here is there are several G&G developments (insurance plans) with different attributes, different products cater for the needs of different people hence the buyer should contemplate what are his/her priorities before selecting the most suitable product that he/she can reasonably afford.

Sorry to say I do not advocate G&G as a "must", though it is a "preferred" choice. After all the necessary precautions done, beyond our own turf we can only pray for having dutiful guard (for G&G) and helpful neighbours (for both G&G & non-G&G).

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Bro Wuqi & Reds, let me share my opinion.

Generally G&G is akin to buying an insurance plan for extra protection and for peace of mind. However the gist here is there are several G&G developments (insurance plans) with different attributes, different products cater for the needs of different people hence the buyer should contemplate what are his/her priorities before selecting the most suitable product that he/she can reasonably afford.

Sorry to say I do not advocate G&G as a "must", though it is a "preferred" choice. After all the necessary precautions done, beyond our own turf we can only pray for having dutiful guard (for G&G) and helpful neighbours (for both G&G & non-G&G).

Hi Trulyasia, Fair comment and good comparison. As for me, i will recommend to have G&G. I was addressing those who advocate non G&G as far far safer. The argument can swing both ways but the way they painted, non G&G was at least 100% safer than G&G. Again, it depends on perspective and i am not going to go into why some here sold their non G&G and bought G&G especially recently. Agree gotong royong is an integral part of any development be it G&G or otherwise.

Having encountered several folks who tried to follow me back after i SAFELY over took them (myself driving MY plates during that time), i know G&G is not foolproof as for some developments, folks can and still can come in but in my case, the chap immediately turned back upon seeing the guardhouse.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear friends, just to share, Twin Galaxy will be launching it's new tower this weekend at DWG office, Toa Payoh HDB Hub. I will be there to share more information. You can PM me if you are coming.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Datok Lim Kang Hoo is now promoted to Tan Sri Lim Kang Hoo..
What can a Tan Sri do in Malaysia?

Passed by Suntec City Mall this afternoon and saw Tropicana show room over there.. They must have made so much money from their sales that's why able to rent a big office over there in Suntec.

Dennise Wee is selling some Malacca high end development in the lobby.. Remax is promoting Tropicana Tropez in Suntec tower lobby C.. They are launching their Bumi lots right now.. On a psf basis, it seemed to be cheaper than Sky88 or Paragon.. If keen, check it out..

Any bros bought in to Tropez? this are bumi lot release. though prices are not cheap, but i think it also has potential when the whole development is completed.