• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said, just stick to our objective...normally I do not bother about the salesperson unless she is really gorgeous :biggrin:
RM12~15K is very good pay; indeed, considering to take leave and go for interview tomorrow :rolleyes:

Afterall, its the property we want, not the salesman. :eek:

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Tonto, thanks for sharing the potential loophole of G&G estate.
From my understanding, residents felt their G&G was no different comparing to non-G&G after few incidents of burglars broke-in, gradually more people chose to default on payment and no prize for getting it right what happened next.

As for Setia property, my only source of reference before I made my purchase was my colleague. She was an early buyer of Setia property in BI, having acquired her two storey terrace for under MYR200k, when there was no Aeon or Jusco (vacant surroundings, like sam-pah). She said so far the house did not give her problems. Only thing that changed was the gated part. It used to be gated and then subsequently it was removed. That was a big factor to consider when deciding to buy G&G.

I am not saying this to spook those with Setia properties but to put one more factor into consideration before buying a G&G property. Having this point in mind, I still proceeded to buy because the G&G issue has nothing to do with the developer but more to do with the residents in that development. If one buys into a development that is too low in value, the chance of errant residents not wanting to pay the maintenance fees is high, hence resulting in no G&G guarantee even if it was promised by the developer. But, it may still be based on luck sometimes because it does not mean the rich would not be cheap and default on payment :eek:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Tonto, thanks for sharing the potential loophole of G&G estate.
From my understanding, residents felt their G&G was no different comparing to non-G&G after few incidents of burglars broke-in, gradually more people chose to default on payment and no prize for getting it right what happened next.

People in the development have to be more positive and take affirmative action rather than use that to wriggle out of paying their maintenance fees.
After all, why did they pay so much additional for, so that they can save on the monthly maintenance later? There are no 100% safe place in this world so using it as an excuse not to pay is just going to make matters worse when there is no security in the end. It will affect their resale prices as well eventually.

Hondacrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was shocked to see SETIA sky 88 prices hitting rm1200psf. Its not landed. I heard from a learned aged senioe banker in johor that prior to the 97crisis, jb houses launched by sp setia and a few others did hit RM1m and above. The hype got bigger and bigger. During the crisis, bungalows valuation dropped to rm300k and still there were no buyers. Sporean investors lost all their money so they cannot buy. He reminded me that the current climate now is like the pre-97crisis.. Lots of hype and buyers... Minus the biggest storm...

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys, thought I give some updates on EL new launch. Posted in the EL thread but just in case some miss it:
Got the brochure for lakeside twin villas phase 6a. Two types of layout type A and type B. type A land size 4189 sq ft, bu 3257 sq ft. Type B land size 4045 sq ft, by 3297 sq ft. Both types come with 3 bedrooms and 1 guest room. From fine print on brochure price indication from rm2,242,888 (min) to rm 2,944,888 (max). Got a shock as I thought guide price was ard rm 1.8 mil from the forum. Saw abt 4-5 units on the board with blue stickers probably indicating they have been booked since yday. Total 54 units for this phase...

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys, thought I give some updates on EL new launch. Posted in the EL thread but just in case some miss it:
Got the brochure for lakeside twin villas phase 6a. Two types of layout type A and type B. type A land size 4189 sq ft, bu 3257 sq ft. Type B land size 4045 sq ft, by 3297 sq ft. Both types come with 3 bedrooms and 1 guest room. From fine print on brochure price indication from rm2,242,888 (min) to rm 2,944,888 (max). Got a shock as I thought guide price was ard rm 1.8 mil from the forum. Saw abt 4-5 units on the board with blue stickers probably indicating they have been booked since yday. Total 54 units for this phase...

I think the Malaysian will be " traumatized " by this news, just like the Singaporean got " traumatized " by the 1million HDB. Maybe after a few months more people will rush to buy when the tremble subside?

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
fr uem newsletter n today i went puteri harbour n pick up e brochure. its at phase 7D1 ...

Thanks sis...the prices now seem crazier n crazier but a colleague of mine who just been 'converted' to seeing the alternative lifestyle in nusajaya doesnt bat an eyelid when he set his eye on a BI semid by SP at 1.3mil last week.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Funny how perspectives have changed so much so fast.

One local neighbour even told me she had this hot property to recommend only to learnt that I have already bought the earlier phase. Out of the blue, someone whom we assisted to get property also called my neighbour to discuss about properties now and also they are now thinking of getting one, only when prices have appreciated.

Wife scolded me for being busybody, sometimes you just can't help people. The more pro bono, the more they doubt the usefulness of the information.

Last edited:

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny world, few months ago, I kept informing friends and neighbourhood about a couple of good places. No one bothered but now, sudden converts, one shot buy two. Had to ask him to consider divesting and get a couple instead of focusing all one one project.

One local neighbour even told me she had this hot property to recommend only to learnt that I have already bought the earlier phase. Out of the blue, someone whom we assisted to get property also called my neighbour to discuss about properties now and also they are now thinking of getting one, only when prices have appreciated and no discounts. Wife scolded me for being busybody, sometimes you just can't help people. The more pro bono, the more they doubt the usefulness of the information.

True Wuqi bro..this colleague of mine was sceptical when he heard I bought last yr (he had bad experience while at Tmn Sentosa so i guess there is some validity).. I just smiledla that time. Turns out he had never been to nusajaya side all this while and had made a broad assumption whole of johor is d same. Well lo and behold somehow he manage to find his way there n now he may on his way to switchg to the other side. I am happy still for him tho altho i think last yr the price was not this high at 1.3mil if i remember correctly

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
True Wuqi bro..this colleague of mine was sceptical when he heard I bought last yr (he had bad experience while at Tmn Sentosa so i guess there is some validity).. I just smiledla that time. Turns out he had never been to nusajaya side all this while and had made a broad assumption whole of johor is d same. Well lo and behold somehow he manage to find his way there n now he may on his way to switchg to the other side. I am happy still for him tho altho i think last yr the price was not this high at 1.3mil if i remember correctly

Wife and some close friends were right, you cannot help everyone, they have to want to help themselves first.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday, went to see Phase 5, The Straits View Residence @ Permas Jaya, for the first time since its launch 2 years back.

Fantastic landscaping & design! Only drawback is that one cant make changes to the facade, as the development is strata-titled, and there are no individual barricades/gates. Congrats to bros such as Aragorn for a great purchase!

Hondacrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think i read that development advertisement over the weekend. Was that the one where semis were launched RM 2 m plus and bungalows RM 4 or RM 5m plus?

Yesterday, went to see Phase 5, The Straits View Residence @ Permas Jaya, for the first time since its launch 2 years back.

Fantastic landscaping & design! Only drawback is that one cant make changes to the facade, as the development is strata-titled, and there are no individual barricades/gates. Congrats to bros such as Aragorn for a great purchase!

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think i read that development advertisement over the weekend. Was that the one where semis were launched RM 2 m plus and bungalows RM 4 or RM 5m plus?

Yes that's the one. I saw 2 singaporean cars as well, at the showflat yesterday. A bit confused over the pricing though, as the sales manager told me that 2.5 storey semi-d is 1.7m while it was printed as 2m plus in the brochure. My only major complaint (besides the price) is the no-change to facade and no individual partition. But its really quite a pretty development overall...

Last edited: