• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
RedsYNWA said:
Yesterday, went to see Phase 5, The Straits View Residence @ Permas Jaya, for the first time since its launch 2 years back.

Fantastic landscaping & design! Only drawback is that one cant make changes to the facade, as the development is strata-titled, and there are no individual barricades/gates. Congrats to bros such as Aragorn for a great purchase!

Thanks. BRDB is quite a reputable developer in MY. The project is delayed by about 6 months though. But overall, they've delivered well.

Yes - cant change the facade is a limitation. I wanted to build a couple of additions to the exterior but the requests were rejected by the developer.

I actually find having no frontal gates a plus. Kinda like the wide spaces in American homes. There are gates for the backyard though. It should be sufficient for the kids.

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
RedsYNWA said:
Yes that's the one. I saw 2 singaporean cars as well, at the showflat yesterday. A bit confused over the pricing though, as the sales manager told me that 2.5 storey semi-d is 1.7m while it was printed as 2m plus in the brochure. My only major complaint (besides the price) is the no-change to facade and no individual partition. But its really quite a pretty development overall...

Don't bother about the pricing in the brochure. It's marked up. Semi d is 1.7 up and bungalows 3.3 up, I think. But most of the units near the facilities are sold.

Btw, do you know that xie shao guang is now a chef at a buddhist vegetarian restaurant nearby? He can really cook!

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't bother about the pricing in the brochure. It's marked up. Semi d is 1.7 up and bungalows 3.3 up, I think. But most of the units near the facilities are sold.

Btw, do you know that xie shao guang is now a chef at a buddhist vegetarian restaurant nearby? He can really cook!

Haha i visited his temple during Vesak Day but did not see him around. Heard that he's pretty low profile nowadays. Apparently, Quan Yifeng came to JB & wanted to conduct an interview with him but he did not want to meet.

For the new 2.5 storey phase 5, i feel the balcony area on the uppermost floor is a bit wasted. If changes are allowed, a polyroof complete with fans & outdoor furniture would have been fantastic. My wife was tempted to buy, n house both families parents (Woodlands & Molek) under 1 roof. But the plan is probably a tad too ambitious lah...... U bought earlier phase semi-d or bungalow?

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Lord Aragorn, appreciate your kindness to share the name and address of the restuarant.
Planning a trip to Permas Jaya this weekend, thanks!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Lord Aragorn, appreciate your kindness to share the name and address of the restuarant.
Planning a trip to Permas Jaya this weekend, thanks!

Its here:
Three O Cafe at 15 Jalan Perma's 10/3 Bandar Baru Permas Jaya, Johor Bahru. Tel +607-387-6217.

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just visited BI sales office and was surprised to hear the upcoming luxury condo project - Sky Breeze already fully registered !!
The site is somewhere between the water storage tanks and circular park, though yet to be confirmed.
Bukit Indah.jpg
Sky Loft has very limited units left:
Type B (1214sqft) - RM830K (Very high floor facing circular park)
Type C (1615sqft) - RM960K (Very high floor poolview facing highway)

Anyone here registered for Sky Breeze?
For Sky Executive / Sky Loft early buyers, they can expect windfall if resale value can match latest selling price by Setia
Hearsay someone bought Sky Executive (>1600sqft) for RM400K+ about 2 years ago, so it will be interesting to see how this newly completed project perform in resale market.

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
RedsYNWA said:
Haha i visited his temple during Vesak Day but did not see him around. Heard that he's pretty low profile nowadays. Apparently, Quan Yifeng came to JB & wanted to conduct an interview with him but he did not want to meet.

For the new 2.5 storey phase 5, i feel the balcony area on the uppermost floor is a bit wasted. If changes are allowed, a polyroof complete with fans & outdoor furniture would have been fantastic. My wife was tempted to buy, n house both families parents (Woodlands & Molek) under 1 roof. But the plan is probably a tad too ambitious lah...... U bought earlier phase semi-d or bungalow?

I bought a bungalow. I thought it was quite a lot more expensive than the initial launch prices.... But prices in ph5 has gone even much higher.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought a bungalow. I thought it was quite a lot more expensive than the initial launch prices.... But prices in ph5 has gone even much higher.

Yes, JB housing prices have risen a lot in the last 2 years. In fairness, so has Singapore, KL, Penang, HK and China. I guess the record low interest rates in Malaysia plays a key role in the rise, though it's still much higher than Singapore's!

With the expected free usage of EDL and MRT to come, I feel Straits View Residences is a pretty sound investment due to its internal strengths & proximity to causeway. Esp so if it's for home stay.... But me small family, so not so suitable lah at this moment....haha

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB CBD Area Properties (Sky88, TwinGalaxy, Summerplace, Skysuite, Paragon etc)

Brother arsenal,

Can share with us whether you manage to get your 2% deposit back?

Is it true? Then why Mahabuilder is refusing to give me back my 2% deposit? Foreigner is it 20% for 2nd or 3rd prop in order to consider S&P signed?

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB CBD Area Properties (Sky88, TwinGalaxy, Summerplace, Skysuite, Paragon etc)

Datok Lim Kang Hoo is now promoted to Tan Sri Lim Kang Hoo..
What can a Tan Sri do in Malaysia?

Passed by Suntec City Mall this afternoon and saw Tropicana show room over there.. They must have made so much money from their sales that's why able to rent a big office over there in Suntec.

Dennise Wee is selling some Malacca high end development in the lobby.. Remax is promoting Tropicana Tropez in Suntec tower lobby C.. They are launching their Bumi lots right now.. On a psf basis, it seemed to be cheaper than Sky88 or Paragon.. If keen, check it out..

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They are launching their Bumi lots right now.. On a psf basis, it seemed to be cheaper than Sky88 or Paragon.. If keen, check it out..

Heard hundred over units. When I asked them will there be future high rise bldgs blocking the present block, they juz smile.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.theedgeproperty.com/research/10538-cityacountry-the-edgekgv-international-property-consultants-johor-baru-housing-property-monitor-2q2012.html

City&Country : The Edge/KGV International Property Consultants Johor Baru housing property monitor (
2Q2012)

By Lam Jian Wyn of The Edge Malaysia
Sunday, 16 September 2012 00:00
Prices rise sharply in parts of the city

Average home values in some parts of Johor Baru rose sharply during the second quarter, appreciating over 10%, according to The Edge-KGV International Property Consultants Johor Baru Housing Property Monitor 2Q2012.

“Improved connectivity is one of the main reasons housing prices on the secondary market in certain areas are rising,” says KGV International Property Consultants (Johor) Sdn Bhd director Samuel Tan. He expects prices to increase dramatically as more new connections come up.

Homes in the Nusajaya/Skudai areas led in terms of capital appreciation in 2Q, thanks to the new Western Coastal Highway and Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL), which was opened to the public in April.
“These are also traditionally popular areas with schemes such as Bukit Indah, Taman Perling, Taman Sutera Utama and Taman Laguna,” Tan tells City & Country.

Prices of 2-storey terraced houses in these areas were up by 6.25% (to RM340,00 in Taman Impian Emas) to 22.2% (to RM550,000 in Horizon Hills). In Nusa Idaman, similar units rose 19.05% to RM500,000.

Besides the new highways, the higher prices were also due to newer designs and the nearing completion of catalytic projects in Nusajaya, such as Legoland, EduCity and Marlborough College.
“The fact that house prices here have appreciated substantially since their launch will give prospective buyers the confidence to invest,” says Tan.

Semi-detached houses in these areas have also appreciated, albeit modestly. The value of older units in Taman Bukit Indah rose 13.3% q-o-q to RM850,000 in 2Q. Meanwhile, the prices of semidees in Taman Impian Emas and cluster homes in Horizon Hills increased by 6.89% and 6.6% to RM620,000 and RM800,000 respectively.

In Taman Sri Pulai Perdana on Pontian Road, the average value of 2-storey terraced houses rose for the second consecutive quarter by 10% to RM220,000. However, the prices of semidees here have stayed put for 2½ years running.

“It is a case of a lack of high-end housing on Pontian Road. Houses by Mah Sing Group Bhd [the developer of Taman Sri Pulai Perdana] command a premium with their better designs. When the market is on the upswing and people are upgrading, they will obviously choose schemes with newer designs and quality finishing,” observes Tan.

Over at Plentong/Pasir Gudang, the average value of 2-storey terraced houses in Taman Molek rose 15.38% to RM600,000 while similar homes in Bandar Baru Permas Jaya saw their average value gain 10% to RM330,000.

Tan attributes this to the newly opened EDL as well as the upcoming “Little Japan” in Taman Molek, Johor Baru. The new township is envisioned by asset-building consultancy Global Asia Assets (M) Sdn Bhd (GAAM) as a second home for wealthy Japanese.

According to reports, the enclave aims to attract 2,000 rich Japanese to make Johor their second home. Little Japan will feature retirement homes, medical facilities, restaurants and spas.
GAAM expects these migrating Japanese to plough RM500 million into the scheme’s luxury apartments and landed homes.

Meanwhile, 365 Japanese investors have purchased over RM400 million worth of luxury homes, including units in Towers 3 and 4 of Molek Pine condos and commercial properties, with plans to relocate soon.

Semidees in Taman Molek appreciated 9.1% to RM600,000 while units in the first phase of Park View at Bandar Seri Alam inched up 3.45%, also to RM600,000.

At Tebrau/Kempas, only semidees in Austin Heights saw their prices increase by a slight 3.45% to RM600,000.

Prices of high-rises going up
Most apartments and condominiums sampled in the property monitor also saw their prices rise in the quarter.

“There has been a paradigm shift in accepting stratified living over the last five years. This could be due to the amenities, security and the younger generation being more open to high-rise living,” says Tan.

Suria Mas apartments appreciated the most. For example, the price of an 850sq ft apartment rose 13.63% to RM250,000. Newly launched units were priced at RM300 to RM350 psf, which pushed up the value of older units on the secondary market that were launched at RM200 psf, says Tan.
“There is a captive market for properties in this range. The prices of the smaller units are very affordable.”

The average price of a mid-level, 1,469 sq ft unit in Molek Pine’s Tower 2 appreciated 12.07% to RM650,000, propped up by the higher prices of units bought by the Japanese in Towers 3 and 4.
At the Straits View Condominium, mid-floor units with built-ups of 1,600 sq ft appreciated 8.3% to RM650,000 while at Lagenda Tasek, 1,040 sq ft units inched up 3.45% to RM300,000.

While there was some movement in property prices, the same cannot be said of the rental market. Rents have not grown for at least the past 1½ years, pushing yields down.

Tan says it will take time for the rental market to catch up with capital values. “As prices increase, some may opt to rent, thus widening the rental market and increasing rates. Similarly, those who bought new properties would expect a certain level of yield. When that happens, the older properties will follow suit.”

Serviced apartments and emerging hot spots
Moving forward, Tan expects a “dramatic change in values” on the secondary market with further new connections opening up.

He identifies the Tampoi/Skudai and Johor Baru city areas as two emerging hot spots where serviced apartments are becoming popular due to the interest of foreigners and young buyers.
In Tampoi/Skudai, serviced apartments in Danga Bay, such as Tropez Residences, Azea Residences and Platino, are especially sought after.

“In the city, serviced apartments are turning into hot items as seen in the sales of Paragon Residences, V Summer and Sky Suites. Prices range from RM500 to over RM1,000 psf,” observes Tan.

“This is a good development because the city’s transformation can only be successful with a population influx.”

The current favourites are Nusajaya, Tebrau and Plentong. Within Nusajaya, popular serviced apartments are Imperia, Impiana and Somerset at Puteri Harbour and 1Medini Residences at Medini Iskandar Malaysia. Landed schemes in demand are East Ledang, Horizon Hills, Nusa Idaman and Leisure Farm.

In Tebrau, some of the more popular serviced apartments include 1Tebrau, Pandan Residences, Sky Peak, Austin Residences and Larkin Heights while popular landed schemes are Taman Adda Heights, Taman Setia Tropika, Taman Seri Austin, Taman Gaya, Taman Setia Eco Cascadia and Taman Setia Indah.

At Plentong, some serviced apartments to look out for are Molek Pine, D’Ambience, Botanica Bayu Puteri, Marina Bayu Puteri, Senibong Cove, Bandar Seri Alam and Taman Ponderosa.

High-rises launched in 2Q in Plentong/Tebrau experienced take-ups of over 50% as these are highly populated and established areas.

Some of the major developments announced recently in Johor are UEM Land Holdings Bhd’s Gerbang Nusajaya township, the appointment of consultants for the new connection between Singapore and Iskandar Malaysia, the launch of Petronas’ Refinery Petrochemicals Integrated Development (RAPID) in Pengerang, the opening of new key attractions, such as Lego Land theme park and the Family Indoor Theme Park in Nusajaya, a new megamall in Southkey and more investments in Iskandar Malaysia in 1H2012.

Gerbang Nusajaya is a 4,500-acre township that will come up just off the Second Link Highway. It has an estimated GDV of RM18 billion and will take 25 years to complete. Details of the first phase, due for a year-end launch, are not available yet.

“The first phase is crucial. Since the township is huge, it depends on how UEM Land staggers the supply. If it does it so as not to shock the market, then things will be okay,” says Tan.

Consultants have already been appointed for the proposed Malaysia-Singapore Rapid Transit System, which will see trains running from JB Sentral in Malaysia to Republic Polytechnic in Singapore. The Malaysian and Singaporean governments are still undecided on whether it will run above the ground or undersea.

“Interest in and expectations of this project are high. I think the market will start to see an impact by 2015 to 2016 when people can see real work being done,” says Tan.

The RM65 billion RAPID in southeast Johor was launched in May and is reported to be on track. The refinery is expected to create employment for up to 45,000 contract workers during its construction period and 4,000 permanent jobs when it is completed in 2016. “Upper-level executives may want to take up a waterfront home in Pasir Gudang or a serviced apartment in the city. It’s only a half-hour drive away through the Senai-Desaru Highway,” Tan says.

He points out that RAPID will benefit not only the immediate area but also the Tanjung Langsat industrial park in Flagship D of Iskandar Malaysia, where about 1,300 downstream vendors are based.

In Nusajaya, key attractions such as Legoland and the Puteri Harbour Family Indoor Theme Park featuring much-beloved cartoon characters, such as Hello Kitty, Thomas and Friends, Bob the Builder, Barney, Pingu and Angelina Ballerina, are set to on Sept 15 and in 4Q respectively.

The proposed megamall in Southkey is to be developed jointly by IGB Corp Bhd and Selia Pantai Sdn Bhd. It will be based on IGB’s flagship Mid Valley City in the Klang Valley and may comprise a 1.5 million sq ft mall, one or two hotels, luxury high-rises and office towers. Construction is scheduled to start late this year or early next year.

Tan says the sheer size of the mall will make it a regional destination as the local catchment will not be able to sustain it.

Last but not least is the RM10.67 billion worth of investments in Iskandar Malaysia in 1H2012, bringing total cumulative investment to RM95.5 billion. Of this, RM41.35 billion has been realised.
With such changes to come, Tan expects a transformation of Johor Baru’s property market. “It will be a different Johor Baru. There will be no more cheap terraced houses. Paying RM700 to RM1,000 psf for a home in the city was unheard-of three to four years ago, but it is happening now. No developer would have thought of building serviced apartments [then], but there is a demand for them now with the changing lifestyles.”

This article appeared in City & Country, the property pullout of The Edge Malaysia, Issue 924, Aug 20-26, 2012

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Whoami,

Thought you may be interested, http://www.seriaustin.blogspot.sg/

QUOTE=whoami;1209429]Heard hundred over units. When I asked them will there be future high rise bldgs blocking the present block, they juz smile.[/QUOTE]