• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi! Currently I am making a choice in within Setia Tropika the Glitz and the new launching in Adda Height of the Grey Stones. Can I have ur precious comment among these 2 cluster house? I am aim for investment . Thanks for ur advise in advance !

IMO, Setia Tropika, Glitz is a better bet esp for your aim. Some months ago, it was fully taken up and waiting for new phase, is it released? or someone withdraw? if I am not wrong there are very few units left even with new phase opening up. I was told by one local geomancy guru, the landscape in ST is high and undulating, sympolise a "dragon" which is good in fengshui. up to individual to believe.

Kindly disclose how many units are still avail? thank you.

for personnel stay, both are equally good.

Hondacrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB CBD Area Properties (Sky88, TwinGalaxy, Summerplace, Skysuite, Paragon etc)

Any thoughts and opinions about Casa Almyra? I noticed this place when I use the coastal highway exit out to Bukit indah (on the way to Giant/tesco).
Seldom hear forummers mention about this place. Looks nice leh.

It is fully sold. A bit under-discussed taman but I heard its really serene and peaceful. For own stay it is ideal but for investment the prices have sort of stopped rising. My regular provision shop owner along Nusa Bestari bought a unit back in 2007- 8 for RM 400K, a crazy price then. It has risen to RM 700+k last year in tandem with the rise in global property prices and has not increased since.

flamboyantsg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi! Currently I am making a choice in within Setia Tropika the Glitz and the new launching in Adda Height of the Grey Stones. Can I have ur precious comment among these 2 cluster house? I am aim for investment . Thanks for ur advise in advance !

Setia Tropika is a bigger development with mixed of terraces, clusters, semiDs & bungalows, and amenities within the whole development. Overhang cables can be seen at the terraces. Its good to check whether Glitz caranday precinct's cables are hidden/buried. I also experienced heavy traffic at kempas junction.

Adda heights offers only clusters n above. IMO the precincts are well organized, the quality is better wif nice ambience. Generally I like the masterplan of the development. There is NO overhang cables, all hidden buried. 5 min to Setia Tropika, 10 min to Aeon/Jusco Terbau.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: JB CBD Area Properties (Sky88, TwinGalaxy, Summerplace, Skysuite, Paragon etc)

Any thoughts and opinions about Casa Almyra? I noticed this place when I use the coastal highway exit out to Bukit indah (on the way to Giant/tesco).

Hi Mingchye, its not bad now except for certain units that have jetty, there is a small pool with slide inside and security is quite ok. The clubhouse is pretty small but at least its there, there is also a jetty. The new road leading to it should alleviate greatly some of the issues it once had though.

Quite a significant percentage of the things that people are currently raving about or thinking that they came up with first or discovered. Some i have covered, most though are done by the many folks here much more learned than me. They have already discussed it to death already and some did it more than a few years ago.

Its just that its probably too long, no one bothers, takes short cut and jumps to certain conclusions. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Adda heights offers only clusters n above. IMO the precincts are well organized, the quality is better wif nice ambience. Generally I like the masterplan of the development. There is NO overhang cables, all hidden buried. 5 min to Setia Tropika, 10 min to Aeon/Jusco Terbau.

I have never been a supporter of Setia projects but i still say this, between the 2, after spending the better part of 2 years in that area, i will go for Setia Tropika anytime just for the area.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some renderings of upcoming Puteri Harbour CS2 Project. I was told by UEM that the launch is now delayed to September end (Sept 29) or October:

CS2_01.jpg

CS2_02.jpg

CS2_03.jpg

CS2_06.jpg

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have never been a supporter of Setia projects but i still say this, between the 2, after spending the better part of 2 years in that area, i will go for Setia Tropika anytime just for the area.

Bro wuqi, any reason why you do not support Setia projects?

Last edited:

stedmund

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mingchye
I was also looking at casa almyra earlier and was impressed. But upon online research, start to think twice. Found some online comments from a malaysian forum saying that the developer did not deliver what it promised (see below), for instance, the olympic size pool turns out to be a small pool, flooding and no phone lines, etc. Although the post below didn't mentioned the name of the development, the posts that follows traces to casa...From another post, it says the area is not safe and residents are robbed at knife point near the premise. Quite sad lor, the price is pretty good. finally, i settle for HH. typical kia-si singaporean.

承諾設施沒兌現
高級住宅區貨不對辦
(新山18日訊)彭加蘭林丁區高級住宅區居民申訴發展商貨不對辦,承諾的設施沒兌現,要求發展商延長保證期,否則考慮採取法律行動,保護自身權益。
該住宅區已成立居委會,並在昨日舉行會員特別大會,要求居民表決是否授權居委會處理法律追究事宜,居民也已通過提案。
居委會主席拿督胡貴華指出,耗資近50萬至逾百萬買屋的居民,是從去年中起陸續搬進來,起初居民滿心歡喜入住新家園,后來卻發現許多發展商承諾的週邊設備貨不對辦,讓他們失望不已。
他們遂向發展商查問,卻一直不得要領,因此轉向新山中區市議會查詢,才發現許多設備原來不像承諾所說般美好,不然就是不合法,讓他們晴天霹靂。
“銷售員說會有個奧林匹克水準的泳池,現在卻變成個只夠幾人容身的小泳池,根據市議會的記錄,發展商規劃的不過是個休閒池,泳池旁的燈塔,市議會指沒申請住用證,所以是非法建築。”
“最糟糕的是我們住了一年,還沒有電話線,這段日子已淹水4次,發展商所謂的可供遊艇停泊的碼頭,也是草草了事,我們都給了3年逾5000令吉的管理費,但到現在都看不到賬目。”
居委會也發現俱樂部的水管似乎有遭盜用跡象,因為平日鮮有人煙之處,水費竟高達2000令吉。
居委會已委任法律顧問劉國元處理問題,並向發展商喊話,要求當面解決問題,尤其希望可延長將于年杪到期的保證期多2年,否則他們考慮採取法律行動,矢取回公道。
發展商:將與居民對話
發展商發聲明,將逐一解釋居民的不滿,並承諾將在近期與居民對話。
發展商代表陳文展特針對居民的疑惑,發表聲明解釋;他說,泳池與碼頭規格其實與銷售合約裡誌明的一樣。
至于燈塔,他指其實並不具備實質用途,僅為美觀,批准信不是由市議會發出,而是與碼頭一樣由水利灌溉局管制,兩者相信會在近期獲批。
“電話線問題,事實上我們已完成電纜裝置,現在正等馬電訊完成其轉駁站工程,問題是在馬電訊方面。”
他也強調,該公司正進行排水系統提升工程,相信日后就可解決閃電水災問題,至于道路毀壞問題,該公司已在修補中。
“賬目問題,我們已委托審計公司審查,會在近期交給居委會。”
無論如何,他說,為了更好的解決住戶不滿,該公司將與居民對話,一勞永逸解決問題。

Last edited:

inlinev4

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro wuqi, any reason why you do not support Setia projects?

Dear Wuqi,

Just curious why you have never support Setia Projects ?

Is it due to pricing ? Design ? or something else.

Appreciate your input as I have interest in their Cascadia Development.

Thank you.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear Wuqi,

Just curious why you have never support Setia Projects ?

Is it due to pricing ? Design ? or something else.

Appreciate your input as I have interest in their Cascadia Development.

Thank you.

Hi inline, let me add that Cascadia/Tropika = Still can buy.

Its just that i recommended a few friends to buy at first and then 2 of them
got played out over contracts, etc. In disgust, one of them never came back
to MY again for properties.

A close neighbour of mine, her sister was so upset with the quality that she
and a few neighbours there grouped together and threatened to sue the
developer, then they started patching the holes in the wall.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Mingchye
I was also looking at casa almyra earlier and was impressed. But upon online research, start to think twice. Found some online comments from a malaysian forum saying that the developer did not deliver what it promised (see below), for instance, the olympic size pool turns out to be a small pool, flooding and no phone lines, etc. Although the post below didn't mentioned the name of the development, the posts that follows traces to casa...From another post, it says the area is not safe and residents are robbed at knife point near the premise. Quite sad lor, the price is pretty good. finally, i settle for HH. typical kia-si singaporean.

We did talk about that in the past postings. Yes, its done by the same govt linked developer, one of the two i always avoid. That said, they did rectify some stuff and though the pool is still dirty, at least its quite peaceful there and they added a slide.

Now with the new road, it is probably better as the old road in gets pretty dark at night.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Tonto, a combination of bad sales experience as well as saw the defects for myself when a neighbour sisters had issues.

Well, I hope Setia will score better in the new BI precinct which I've bought at... Hallelujah!:wink:

Last edited:

i second that, setia houses have toilets that are forever leaking, walls uneven, tiles crack, staff unhelpful and expensive for the setia brand, which to me is nothing to shout about.

but holes in the wall, wow, that's really bad. they deserve to be sued. how on earth a developer such as setia can build houses with holes in the wall?

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh dear, mind sharing which development this was?

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh dear, mind sharing which development this was?

I think the development is referring to Setia Eco Garden. Certain phases of the project really have issues esp on poor the workmanship. The power lines cabling and phone lines hanging over the poles and spoil the whole design of the development.

The newer one seem better, all cabling hidden and better planning and design layout.

Recently, Singapore Channel 8 keeps broadcasting and promoting Setia Eco Garden development. i was told that there will be a direct road to N-S highway and another linking to Lima Kedai - Skudai in future.

BTW, for Setia Tropika , only the older development for terrace houses used poles for power lines.

Last edited:

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am vested in a unit at SEG which is yet to be completed. I hope those issues mentioned by bro Wuqi don't surface. If any consolation, the developer do offer a 3-year defect warranty.

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, SEG is probably promoting the new ECO Village precint whcih should be launching soon. I was told that 70% of available units are booked and no international lots are left. Makes me wonder why they are spending on the advertisement in Singapore.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Tonto, a combination of bad sales experience as well as saw the defects for myself when a neighbour sisters had issues.

Actually all this information that is being shared is very good. At least if Setia people happen to lurk around here, they know they need to watch their reputation and quality, especially since they will be launching a project in Petir Road soon. Imagine if word gets out on their bad workmanship, who would buy their condo in Singapore?

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually all this information that is being shared is very good. At least if Setia people happen to lurk around here, they know they need to watch their reputation and quality, especially since they will be launching a project in Petir Road soon. Imagine if word gets out on their bad workmanship, who would buy their condo in Singapore?

Setia development, Woodsville Condo in Singapore, is of very high standard, no worry. The one i 'm looking at cost S$1.7m about the size of 5-room HDB. But for the price, you can get a decent Villa/Bungalow in JB. In the endm I didn;t commit as I could'not afford to fork out 40% down payment

Last edited: