• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a friend who is working in Spore and renting in JB. Formerly he was staying at some condo (DNP ) near the New York hotel. I said to him, buy your house in JB. He said..wait..wait...
Then he moved to Orchid View..bigger and pay something like RM2k / mth. I told him ..buy something..don't pay for someone's mortgage...he said..wait wait.

Yesterday, he called...why all condos in JB so expensive? Now cannot afford....

Orchid view location is awesome. right next to CIQ right. but terrible view .. though its stilla good bargain at its current price given its location.

its just like in spore la.ppl sold off HDB/condo and rent first. wait for property to crash ..till now still waiting and paying the rising rents at same time while complaining ..SGD900+ psf. how to buy ah????

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
unfortunately the market is generally efficient. whateevr info that could impact the property value will be translated into price and push up/down psf. its a gamble .. if u are willing to stomach the risk, buy first.

Sometime I find property market do not give you a second chance. And property prices usually stay flat or suddenly gap up. It will catch a lot of sideline waiting buyers; see see look look buyers ; undecisive buyers off guard.

I have a friend whom is looking for property since Lehman collapse till now and still looking around. I always tell him when he eventually decide to buy; it will be some kind of a TOP. I beg him to tell me when he buy; so I can unload all my Singapore properties.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometime I find property market do not give you a second chance. And property prices usually stay flat or suddenly gap up. It will catch a lot of sideline waiting buyers; see see look look buyers ; undecisive buyers off guard.

I have a friend whom is looking for property since Lehman collapse till now and still looking around. I always tell him when he eventually decide to buy; it will be some kind of a TOP. I beg him to tell me when he buy; so I can unload all my Singapore properties.

not unless u have insider info that privy and not available to the public. for e.g. some engineer friend revealed to you the exact location of mrt etc. then you buy and laugh in your sleep.

haa. your friend must get lucky. maybe he can snap up some cheap deal one day with his accumulated ammunition

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes ..i have msian colleagues who drive in and out of spore everyday ..pay SGD20 daily! but to them, its still worth it ..they can stay in landed with their family in jb. the expenses for the entire family in spore will be quite sizeable .. so the SGD20 per day still make sense to them.

to me, yes i rather stay in spore as i really hate commute time. its really wasted non value adding activity that has to be undertaken every day. thats the last thing you ever want to add into the stress you are alraedy getting at work, esp in a place like spore!

Bro , I am now paying SGD20/= daily to drive in and out daily , while staying in a landed . It is worth because my landed G&G is only RM160psf , monthly maintain fees RM100 . My 13yrs old car is 20K got 7yrs more to drive. Plus I got a rental income from SG house.

You guys are now talking about condos RM1200psf , monthly maintenance fee of RM400 to 500/= . Add a SG car that cost you SGD150K ( monthly car expenses alone is SGD1500/= ) . You have now : car 1500 , toll 600, JB housing 1500 , effectively cost you SGD 3600/= a month . Worth or not ?

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro , I am now paying SGD20/= daily to drive in and out daily , while staying in a landed . It is worth because my landed G&G is only RM160psf , monthly maintain fees RM100 . My 13yrs old car is 20K got 7yrs more to drive. Plus I got a rental income from SG house.

You guys are now talking about condos RM1200psf , monthly maintenance fee of RM400 to 500/= . Add a SG car that cost you SGD150K ( monthly car expenses alone is SGD1500/= ) . You have now : car 1500 , toll 600, JB housing 1500 , effectively cost you SGD 3600/= a month . Worth or not ?

ahh bro. good arrangement .. i aspire to be in your shoes one day. except i cant drive a msian car into spore because of PR status and hence need to incur more charges than you do. SG house? you sporean?

yes like i said, if i still have to drive into spore, i wouldnt get a place at JB sentral. would rather stay in landed outskirts and drive. having to maintain a SG car and staying in jb sentral is too much a financial burden

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
ahh bro. good arrangement .. i aspire to be in your shoes one day. except i cant drive a msian car into spore because of PR status and hence need to incur more charges than you do. SG house? you sporean?

yes like i said, if i still have to drive into spore, i wouldnt get a place at JB sentral. would rather stay in landed outskirts and drive. having to maintain a SG car and staying in jb sentral is too much a financial burden

Yes ,I am Singaporean , can only drive SG car . Hopefully when my COE dies out , got another round of cheap COE . Otherwise jialat liao ! Can only take CW6/CW3 , haha !

Last edited:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Long time no visit this thread became so active!

Regarding Jasonjst's question, I'm also curious about the answer.
For those working in SG but living in JB, is it worth it?
Plus, COE could potentially hit 100k at next round (maybe is our transport minister's KPI?), how does it justify to work and live across the straits?
What do u guys think?

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not engage a sweet young thing(malaysian) PA to drive us around in a MM2H 7 series or S class.

Cos she k also drive us into Singapore :smile:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not engage a sweet young thing(malaysian) PA to drive us around in a MM2H 7 series or S class.

Cos she k also drive us into Singapore :smile:

Bro , cost even more leh ! I think per day is like SDG20/= , add another SGD20/= for toll / petrol , add driver pay SGD30/= . Total may workout $70/= per day , SGD2100/= per month.