• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
He would announce dissolution of parlimen...hahaha...just joking..just joking

Or on the high speed rail, cos feasibility study to end around year end.

This will have effect on the BN's votes. Cos Johor will be benefit alot from the
connectivity.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 11th dec announcement by Najib might have to do with the 3rd link feasibility study that's suppose to be concluded last month.

hope he will announce confirmed location of MRT from jb to spore. if its at tanjung puteri, psf of sky88, skysuites, summerplace gotta hit the roof

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
And a big "what if not", then what happens to this sky high prices???

haa. sekali najib announced "we have decided it is not in the interest of my people ..to build the mrt"

i think then the price will become stagnant or drop slightly. its confirmed that the mrt will be located at
jb sentral. so whichever the location, these condos will still be near.

i am just thinking aloud. for people commuting to spore daily, if the mrt is not going to be within walking distance from these condos and that the residents still have to drive (assuming no shuttle to mrt), then i might as well buy in nearby cheaper districts like permas jaya and drive to city (again assuming there's place to park the car? - sorry not too familiar with sentral)
the price differential is huge and more than enough to offset the inconvenience of staying in "outskirts" like permas jaya.

Any thought?

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be in jb sentral. It's only a question of which condo will benefit the most. 88, matex, sky suites?

Mrt is all about convenience. There will be people who appreciate it and pay premium to walk to mrt that runs till late at night. Better than ferry from HF to PH which runs limited hours, long and subjected to weather. What's the difference whether u stay at woodlands or sentral? I rather pay 3k rm for condo at sentral than 1k for a shared old hdb rm

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
the condos price in JB has sky rocketted. even with the MRT, it doesn't make sence to pay 4K rent for a unit in sky88 and travel daily to SG. I think people rather pay 1.5K-2K and rent a HDB instead.

any thought?

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be in jb sentral. It's only a question of which condo will benefit the most. 88, matex, sky suites?

Mrt is all about convenience. There will be people who appreciate it and pay premium to walk to mrt that runs till late at night. Better than ferry from HF to PH which runs limited hours, long and subjected to weather. What's the difference whether u stay at woodlands or sentral? I rather pay 3k rm for condo at sentral than 1k for a shared old hdb rm

skysuites, sky88 and summerplace is a cluster since they are located next to one another. i think from matex, one can walk to city square and connect the existing causeway link (though i think it can be quite a distance).

i meant if the mrt is NOT within walking distance to these condos. without a doubt, i would grab the condos at zon area immediately even at high psf if the mrt is at tanjung puteri and within walking distance. if the mrt is going to be at another location within jb sentral, well its a tough choice ..

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
the condos price in JB has sky rocketted. even with the MRT, it doesn't make sence to pay 4K rent for a unit in sky88 and travel daily to SG. I think people rather pay 1.5K-2K and rent a HDB instead.

any thought?

i would pay 4k for the sky unit. nowadays HDB rent is >2K per month and is still going north. ultimately we still need to look at the overall travelling distance right to your office which also depends on the location of your office and then do your own sum.

as of now, we still get a stretch on our SGD in jb so it still make sense to stay in JB provided the travelling time is only marginally longer than if u were to stay in SG

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
haa. sekali najib announced "we have decided it is not in the interest of my people ..to build the mrt"

i think then the price will become stagnant or drop slightly. its confirmed that the mrt will be located at
jb sentral. so whichever the location, these condos will still be near.

i am just thinking aloud. for people commuting to spore daily, if the mrt is not going to be within walking distance from these condos and that the residents still have to drive (assuming no shuttle to mrt), then i might as well buy in nearby cheaper districts like permas jaya and drive to city (again assuming there's place to park the car? - sorry not too familiar with sentral)
the price differential is huge and more than enough to offset the inconvenience of staying in "outskirts" like permas jaya.

Any thought?

Might as well buy a cheaper HDB at woodland ?

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

When the MRT interchange at Woodlands is completed, it will push up the prices of Woodlands HDB.

Buy now still cheaper but I believe not then.

Best is to own 1 HDB in Woodlands and 1 condo unit at JB Sentral, then very convenient in both locations.

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
i would pay 4k for the sky unit. nowadays HDB rent is >2K per month and is still going north. ultimately we still need to look at the overall travelling distance right to your office which also depends on the location of your office and then do your own sum.

as of now, we still get a stretch on our SGD in jb so it still make sense to stay in JB provided the travelling time is only marginally longer than if u were to stay in SG

Saving is also marginal , not worth the effort . However , travelling time will not be marginally longer , need to clear SG kiassu custom , will take long time to clear !

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the MRT interchange at Woodlands is completed, it will push up the prices of Woodlands HDB.

Buy now still cheaper but I believe not then.

Best is to own 1 HDB in Woodlands and 1 condo unit at JB Sentral, then very convenient in both locations.

hmm. i have a different perspective. own a home in JB sentral and one thats deeper within singapore is more ideal to me. i invested in a shoebox in serangoon that's pretty central to me (though its OCR) and now looking at getting a place at JB city or nusajaya. for most of us, office is likely to be central or east spore so i can go to work from there. the place at JB sentral will be good when i cross over the causeway as i can reach home easily. depending on how the rts dream works out .. if work out well, will dispose the shoebox after 4years mop and move over to jb sentral .. if the dream vanishes into thin air, will continue staying in spore

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saving is also marginal , not worth the effort . However , travelling time will not be marginally longer , need to clear SG kiassu custom , will take long time to clear !

yes ..i have msian colleagues who drive in and out of spore everyday ..pay SGD20 daily! but to them, its still worth it ..they can stay in landed with their family in jb. the expenses for the entire family in spore will be quite sizeable .. so the SGD20 per day still make sense to them.

to me, yes i rather stay in spore as i really hate commute time. its really wasted non value adding activity that has to be undertaken every day. thats the last thing you ever want to add into the stress you are alraedy getting at work, esp in a place like spore!

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

honestly it will take time to convince myself to spend SGD400K to buy a hdb in wdl rather than spending the same amount on a luxury spacious condo with straits view just 1 km away (lenght of causeway - may be over generalizing but u get the drift)

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just curious...do you guys pay for carparks in the HDBs?

If you summarise: Toll charges + petrol + CBD charges + car park at office + car park at house
Does it make sense to stay in JB?

yes ..i have msian colleagues who drive in and out of spore everyday ..pay SGD20 daily! but to them, its still worth it ..they can stay in landed with their family in jb. the expenses for the entire family in spore will be quite sizeable .. so the SGD20 per day still make sense to them.

to me, yes i rather stay in spore as i really hate commute time. its really wasted non value adding activity that has to be undertaken every day. thats the last thing you ever want to add into the stress you are alraedy getting at work, esp in a place like spore!

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is how funny property investment is.....

Everyone know RTS is coming; everyone know an announcement is coming. Regardless where the station is in JB; it should be within 1-2km from some condo and all this condo will appreciate in price.

But everyone will just watch,,,,,, and watch..... and wait...... and wait...... for the price to increase before they finally decide to buy; paying 50% more.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a friend who is working in Spore and renting in JB. Formerly he was staying at some condo (DNP ) near the New York hotel. I said to him, buy your house in JB. He said..wait..wait...
Then he moved to Orchid View..bigger and pay something like RM2k / mth. I told him ..buy something..don't pay for someone's mortgage...he said..wait wait.

Yesterday, he called...why all condos in JB so expensive? Now cannot afford....

Everyone know RTS is coming; everyone know an announcement is coming. Regardless where the station is in JB; it should be within 1-2km from some condo and all this condo will appreciate in price.

But everyone will just watch,,,,,, and watch..... and wait...... and wait...... for the price to increase before they finally decide to buy; paying 50% more.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just curious...do you guys pay for carparks in the HDBs?

If you summarise: Toll charges + petrol + CBD charges + car park at office + car park at house
Does it make sense to stay in JB?

bro, carparks in hdb are chargeable i think. have to get season parkng. i am not sure ..i am not a sporean nor do i drive.
anyone else can comment?

i dont work in CDB so my collaegus dont pay all CDB charge. carpark at office is chargeble at a nominal fee. petrol is cheap in msia so yea, it make sense for them to stay in jb. esp when you are sole breadwinner .. it really makes quite a difference.
and there is also intangible benefit like quality of life .. staying in big landed in jb vs box in spore, ease of travelling with a car in jb vs no car in spore etc

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a friend who is working in Spore and renting in JB. Formerly he was staying at some condo (DNP ) near the New York hotel. I said to him, buy your house in JB. He said..wait..wait...
Then he moved to Orchid View..bigger and pay something like RM2k / mth. I told him ..buy something..don't pay for someone's mortgage...he said..wait wait.

Yesterday, he called...why all condos in JB so expensive? Now cannot afford....

Hahahaha! then you tell him wait...wait ...wait..loh:smile:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

unfortunately the market is generally efficient. whateevr info that could impact the property value will be translated into price and push up/down psf. its a gamble .. if u are willing to stomach the risk, buy first.