• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
We will do our shopping at Permas Jusco or Tesco at Seri Alam. Should be less humans around there.

Permas Jusco is indeed very quiet on weekdays ...that place is nostalgic ...like my aunt's hometown in Subang .

RedsYNWA is right about the freshness part of the food.

Actually crowds in the early part of weekends mornings are alright too at Jusco BI. Crowds only come in around lunch time when everyone is awake and hungry!And the tons of SG weekenders have beat the causeway traffic jam just in time for lunch .I presume.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha paiseh.....bcos I am in retail industry! It should be (Causeway Pt > Junction 8 > Sembawang shopping centre) and (City Sq > KSL/Tebrau > Jusco Bukit Indah).

Thanks for clarification. Crowd = Huat place :smile: I don't like crowds, so usually I buy online or at neighbourhood provision shops at night.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for clarification. Crowd = Huat place :smile: I don't like crowds, so usually I buy online or at neighbourhood provision shops at night.

Depends on what kind of crowds. Some crowds are less than desirable. From my experience, the crowd at City Square is not quite the same as the crowd at BI jusco.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was talking about investment. Its not the same as own stay. Investors play at a different level and they have different considerations.The IRDA is also aware of that which is certain sectors in Iskandar like PH and Medini are planned to cater more to these investors rather than small time own stay time of buyers who are moving there because they cant afford to stay in Singapore. Medini is also a business centre so it cant be compared to BI.They are just different. Like comparing Marina Bay to Bukit Timah.
Now still nothing to business about. Problem with investors is that they r not going to stay there. How to be livable when ppl bought there not living there?

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think for Malaysia , we must apply different theory lor . Need to stay in those more crowded tamans with reasonable commercial activities. Lots of tamans got too little people or commercial activities , look like ghost town by 8pm at night.
Singapore is different , it is over crowded. Need to strike a balance .

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Depends on what kind of crowds. Some crowds are less than desirable. From my experience, the crowd at City Square is not quite the same as the crowd at BI jusco.

City square has more mei meis and yan daos while BI Jusco more aunties and uncles?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think for Malaysia , we must apply different theory lor . Need to stay in those more crowded tamans with reasonable commercial activities. Lots of tamans got too little people or commercial activities , look like ghost town by 8pm at night.
Singapore is different , it is over crowded. Need to strike a balance .

Yes, I agree. Ghost town is too scary also.... No matter JB how crowded, also cant compare to SG 1 for now. Some more, when we commute from SG to JB or vice versa, we have already gone past their peak periods most of the time, after clearing immigrations.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot half bake atas lor . Invited a close relative to my house . Guess wat she say , son is driving a sport car so cant go lah , wtf ? I ask again , what kind of sport car and she cant tell me .

Time for atas and half atas to buy Sentosa cove?

URL:http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/singapore/sentosa-cove-has-lost/875246.html

05 Nov 2013 23:19
Sentosa Cove has "lost some of its shine": Colliers International

".....In fact, Colliers pointed out that based on transactions in the first nine months of the year, an entry-level condominium unit on the cove can be bought for between S$1.7 million and S$2 million -- lower than the median transacted price of S$2.1 million in the same period for units of similar sizes at 99-year leasehold Centro Residences in Ang Mo Kio......"

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sentosa is so inconvenient compared to Ang Mo Kio. Condos need HDB upgraders n tenants to support e price.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sentosa is so inconvenient compared to Ang Mo Kio. Condos need HDB upgraders n tenants to support e price.

A lot of people say it is an indication of the downtrend, as these atas condos represent the smart investors. While the mass market condos represent the nerds investors is still going up. Maybe we can get a clearer picture in the next few quaters .

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot of people say it is an indication of the downtrend, as these atas condos represent the smart investors. While the mass market condos represent the nerds investors is still going up. Maybe we can get a clearer picture in the next few quaters .

CCR should be hit badly as investors and foreign buyers find it much more difficult to buy. RCR and OCR prices should hold as they have HDB upgraders to support the price.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The old malays don't name it Pulau Blakang Mati for nothing. It's past unsuccessful history has been proven many times. Wonder how long can USS or this present Sentosa last when all the theme parks in Iskander are opened?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The old malays don't name it Pulau Blakang Mati for nothing. It's past unsuccessful history has been proven many times. Wonder how long can USS or this present Sentosa last when all the theme parks in Iskander are opened?

Based on my own experience, the beauty of USS is its proximity to other tourist spots and the area is fairly shady or inside buildings.

Based on my reading of other forums and blogs, Legoland is still quite a standalone attraction, and the sun can be quite merciless during the day. I read that the food inside is expensive and CMI. Good for young kids but can be quite boring for adults (that is what my friends who visited told me).

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on my own experience, the beauty of USS is its proximity to other tourist spots and the area is fairly shady or inside buildings.

Based on my reading of other forums and blogs, Legoland is still quite a standalone attraction, and the sun can be quite merciless during the day. I read that the food inside is expensive and CMI. Good for young kids but can be quite boring for adults (that is what my friends who visited told me).

Adults find it boring because the place was not built for adults. But it is kids paradise.

good2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi to all,
I am new here. Lots of things to learn from all of you seniors. Please guide me along and do offer me pointers if I post any questions in threads or post. I know very little about Johor property.
Thank you and have a good evening!:smile:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Adults find it boring because the place was not built for adults. But it is kids paradise.

For locals, it could be too expensive for a family outing. For people from Singapore, they can only visit during school holidays. So the market segment becomes quite narrow.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes for now. What I meant was will Sentosa still be able to attract people when Iskander is fully up and running including all it's planned theme parks for all ages, though I guess it might not be in the next 10 years.
Why visit a place with only 1 theme park and not one with 6 different ones only 30mins away?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes for now. What I meant was will Sentosa still be able to attract people when Iskander is fully up and running including all it's planned theme parks for all ages, though I guess it might not be in the next 10 years.
Why visit a place with only 1 theme park and not one with 6 different ones only 30mins away?

Iskandar cannot beat Sentosa, even if it has 6 different ones. I'm pretty sure.