• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
mont kiara can drive to hartamas near luxy pub there got cheap food. jln ampang also got cheap street fare both ends.. bangsar also same.
PH nearest is BI, that is some distance. anjung is nearer, but don't see any chinese food.
whole of medini and PH.. i'm thinking cyberjaya kind of development time frame. will take a while.

Chinese food? Got lah...go to Gelang Patah ...so many there but ...i dun know if atas people will go there.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese food? Got lah...go to Gelang Patah ...so many there but ...i dun know if atas people will go there.:rolleyes:

A lot half bake atas lor . Invited a close relative to my house . Guess wat she say , son is driving a sport car so cant go lah , wtf ? I ask again , what kind of sport car and she cant tell me .

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, this is what I thought but after a while, we are too lazy to even drive in and out for meals even when it is a short distance away .

Ya lor , I think people see too much movies liao , they think life is all about enjoying alone with few beautiful mei mei at their sea view / hill side villa. Wait untill got family , kids and old aged parents then they know what life all about.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

if local or singaporean, atas or no atas will still go coffeeshop makan one. that is the unique thing about us in this region. no matter rich or poor , still like to go mamak or eat wanton noodle!

gelang patah.. far lah bro.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the Medini and Puteri Harbour malls will take 5 to 10 years to develop. Bukit Indah was first launched in 1997, and it is only now that it is bustling. Even then, Jusco Bukit Indah pales in comparison to the crowds at Jusco Tebrau & KSL, not to mention City Square which is an exception.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bukit_Indah

I thought Jusco Bukit Indah was already very crowded and I had to illegal park when I was there during peak hours. I have not been to Jusco Tebrau during peak hours but I have heard KSL City is jammed like mad. Next week I shall try Jusco Tebrau during peak hours and also to check the construction of my house :biggrin:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought Jusco Bukit Indah was already very crowded and I had to illegal park when I was there during peak hours. I have not been to Jusco Tebrau during peak hours but I have heard KSL City is jammed like mad. Next week I shall try Jusco Tebrau during peak hours and also to check the construction of my house :biggrin:

KSL really lots of people. Went in to watch Thor 2 last Saturday night and took almost one hour to exit car park. Pay machine keep eating and vomiting notes, one person transaction can take a few minutes! Crazy I tell you.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nah..I googled and got the following data.

PH to GP - 10.6 km

PH to BI - 21 km

But a world of difference between the two townships ..hor :wink:

Last edited:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
KSL really lots of people. Went in to watch Thor 2 last Saturday night and took almost one hour to exit car park. Pay machine keep eating and vomiting notes, one person transaction can take a few minutes! Crazy I tell you.

haha, i was there last weekend to watch thor 2 too, 8.30pm... I illegal parked outside in front of Eastern Dragon, tried to enter car-park but totally gridlocked. If park inside i always use Touch & Go, hassle free.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's because you went to Jusco Bukit Indah during weekends mah. Due to work, I have to travel once in a while to Bukit Indah during weekdays. It's better than 1-2 years ago, but still not crowded.

Jusco Bukit Indah is a bit like Sembawang shopping centre, no place to park during weekends but sparse during weekdays. City Square is like a less crowded Causeway Pt/ Northpoint / Jurong Pt. Jusco Tebrau and KSL are like a less crowded Junction 8. Haha....

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal

that place is a nitemare with the sounds and smells :biggrin:

Watching a movie at BI is a much better experience :smile:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's because you went to Jusco Bukit Indah during weekends mah. Due to work, I have to travel once in a while to Bukit Indah during weekdays. It's better than 1-2 years ago, but still not crowded.

Jusco Bukit Indah is a bit like Sembawang shopping centre, no place to park during weekends but sparse during weekdays. City Square is like a less crowded Causeway Pt/ Northpoint / Jurong Pt. Jusco Tebrau and KSL are like a less crowded Junction 8. Haha....

Haha...I am more inclined to think that KSL is akin to Chinatown Complex in SG.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have no sense of proportion of the crowd as I don't really shop a lot in Singapore :p

From your description of crowd: Junction 8 > Causeway Point / Northpoint / Jurong Point > Sembawang Shopping Centre,
which corresponds to: KSL/ Jusco Tebrau > City Square > Jusco Bukit Indah.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's gonna get worst in time to come. Brace yourself!:p

Whatever...not really affected as I do my groceries shopping at off peak hours most of the time. Come weekends, we stay put at our JB home to enjoy :smile:

I come here to get away from the crowds back in SG so of course must try to avoid it at all costs here :cool:

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever...not really affected as I do my groceries shopping at off peak hours most of the time. Come weekends, we stay put at our JB home to enjoy :smile:

I come here to get away from the crowds back in SG so of course must try to avoid it at all costs here :cool:

We will do our shopping at Permas Jusco or Tesco at Seri Alam. Should be less humans around there.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no sense of proportion of the crowd as I don't really shop a lot in Singapore :p

From your description of crowd: Junction 8 > Causeway Point / Northpoint / Jurong Point > Sembawang Shopping Centre,
which corresponds to: KSL/ Jusco Tebrau > City Square > Jusco Bukit Indah.

Haha paiseh.....bcos I am in retail industry! It should be (Causeway Pt > Junction 8 > Sembawang shopping centre) and (City Sq > KSL/Tebrau > Jusco Bukit Indah).

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha, i was there last weekend to watch thor 2 too, 8.30pm... I illegal parked outside in front of Eastern Dragon, tried to enter car-park but totally gridlocked. If park inside i always use Touch & Go, hassle free.

I also watched 8.30pm slot. Next time I think will park outside on roadside for free and no need to wait so long.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
We will do our shopping at Permas Jusco or Tesco at Seri Alam. Should be less humans around there.

Yes definitely less, but being in retail industry, my experience is that the bigger the crowd, the faster the turnover, and hence the freshness of the food....hehe. Of cos, the higher rents apply as well.