• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear RedsYNWA.....

any development i should be looking at in taman molek area?

I am currently looking at The Seed at tanah sutera area.

Oh yah, I cant rem if The Seed is strata-titled or not. I prefer individual titles. Also, I viewed a Sutera development there (cant rem the name) where there's no fencing & gates allowed for individual houses. I not used to the concept (due to JB security issues) so I did not buy...

Not sure if The Seed has same issues....... For your consideration......Btw I stay in Woodlands so I more familiar with developments near 1st link, compared to 2nd link developments.....

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not sure if they have plans to build something dedicated for this on the SG side. As per Imperia sales, they plan is to have ferry service run to an existing SG ferry terminal, most likely Harbourfront, so that they can get Sentosa (hence Universal) tourists get some additional theme park experiences at Legoland and Indoor Theme Park at Puteri Harbour.

Got the same feedback...also heard about linking the ciq with raffles marina as part of enroute...though I don't see the reason why as I don't foresee much tourists/biz travellers from this stop....

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal
My saleslady at Imperia, Puteri Harbour, mentioned to me that UEM-Sunrise is preparing for their latest launch at Puteri Harbour. This is near the Private Marina, behind the small piece of land bought by Tiong Nam. They will build 4 towers, high density, with around 1000 units. The price point is expected around MYR 550-650 psf range. The finishes will not be as luxurious as ..

Hmm....at 550-650psf...that's approx below 20% of current imperia,SPH, encorp..don't u think developer will price it higher...? Any reason why it's price this way? (mass market? Not as prime location? Lower cost materials ?)

groovy73

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yah, I cant rem if The Seed is strata-titled or not. I prefer individual titles. Also, I viewed a Sutera development there (cant rem the name) where there's no fencing & gates allowed for individual houses. I not used to the concept (due to JB security issues) so I did not buy...

Not sure if The Seed has same issues....... For your consideration......Btw I stay in Woodlands so I more familiar with developments near 1st link, compared to 2nd link developments.....

I think the one u mentioned is the cluster house Casania... ya I dun reali like tat too.... though I love the feel of it.

The Seed is infact very much like the condo here in Singapore.... reali hope I am making the right decision ar.....

Personally very much prefer to hve a hse with at least 4 bedrooms..... and also cluster security like Impian Emas... I have visited a friend there before and love the way the security is. But drove ard the area the other day with the agent and did not reali like it cos I can see industrial parks coming up ar....

wkl68

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear RedsYNWA.....

any development i should be looking at in taman molek area?

I am currently looking at The Seed at tanah sutera area.

If u can wait, I understand Sunway Group will be launching their 1st development, at Molek area. A mixed high end residential development comprise of landed, low rised & high rised condo.

groovy73

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey wkl68.....

Thanks so much for ur info..... M worried tat the sales levy for foreigners will be increased from 10k to 30k very soon ar......

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u can wait, I understand Sunway Group will be launching their 1st development, at Molek area. A mixed high end residential development comprise of landed, low rised & high rised condo.

Ah...... I din noe its by the Sunway Group. Sales Lady told me the launch is scheduled for Oct'12. I susepct it will be ex though, as they are selling the 3 storey shophouse from RM 2.4m onwards..... Location is great though. If they build that Ponderosa Bridge as mentioned for donkey years, it will be even better....

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm....at 550-650psf...that's approx below 20% of current imperia,SPH, encorp..don't u think developer will price it higher...? Any reason why it's price this way? (mass market? Not as prime location? Lower cost materials ?)

I was a bit surprised with a pricing as well, pleasantly surprised though because this will give a chance to some of the folks who missed out the earlier launches to buy into something in Puteri Harbour at reasonable prices - well reasonable considering the prices of some of the recent launches.

Will the developer price it higher or not is anybody's guess. There could be several reasons for a more reasonable pricing. The project definitely seems to be more mass market than Imperia as this is a mixed development with 4 towers of 1000 units. The saleslady did hint that the quality will not be as good as that of Imperia. Also, there are many condo launches currently or in the pipeline around the area and in Johor district overall, so competition could be a factor as well.

wkl68

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah...... I din noe its by the Sunway Group. Sales Lady told me the launch is scheduled for Oct'12. I susepct it will be ex though, as they are selling the 3 storey shophouse from RM 2.4m onwards..... Location is great though. If they build that Ponderosa Bridge as mentioned for donkey years, it will be even better....

Sunway yet to launch anything, paperwork not fully cleared. And they not doing any commercial units there so what you referring is not by them. They just doing residential development over these area.They haven't doing any activity over that area(actual site is surrounding to the Redang lake I believe).

Well they have their strong brand name Sunway & good security solution even after the handover of all their project, so small premium to pay for is expected but will stiil be according to the market price I believe.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunway yet to launch anything, paperwork not fully cleared. And they not doing any commercial units there so what you referring is not by them. They just doing residential development over these area.They haven't doing any activity over that area(actual site is surrounding to the Redang lake I believe).

Well they have their strong brand name Sunway & good security solution even after the handover of all their project, so small premium to pay for is expected but will stiil be according to the market price I believe.

Ah........Thanks.........I did a quick google check. The development I saw is Molek Avenue, by EKL Holdings. Heard that all the shophouses costing RM2.4m have been sold out liao. JB properties are really heating up......Even some small-time players are getting in on the act, as far as I know.......

groovy73

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw an advertisment on Setia Cascadia in Singapore paper today..... any views on tat?????

Spoke to the staff from Setia Malaysia and they were telling me abt Setia Eco n also Setia Tropica..... as well as Setia Cascadia... so confusing ar.....

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw an advertisment on Setia Cascadia in Singapore paper today..... any views on tat?????

Spoke to the staff from Setia Malaysia and they were telling me abt Setia Eco n also Setia Tropica..... as well as Setia Cascadia... so confusing ar.....

Through my occasional contact with Setia staff (personal n work), these are my thoughts on the Setia properties:-

Setia Eco Gardens - v close to 2nd link, and for guys who prefer a more 'nature' feel. Houses are slightly smaller overall. Ang Mo working in SG likes this place as it is 'close to nature'. Saw 1 ang mo in SG plated car yesterday while I was at Eco Garden yesterday. I find amenities quite far away though.

Setia Tropika - v close to 1st link. Houses are bigger, and there are a no. of restaurants in the compound itself. Many of Setia's own staff have bought properties at discount here. This is quite a big development and when the condos are completed, it is poised to be more crowded.

Setia Eco Cascadia - Compared to Tropika n Eco Garden, this one loses out in location from the 2 checkpts. This is for those who like landscaping & dont mind cluster houses. Many PRs who have bought here have families living near or around the development.

Dear bros, feel free to correct me if I am wrong ar........thanks.......

groovy73

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow..... YNWA....

I love the way u had summarised the different developments.... makes it so easy to digest and comprehen......

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow..... YNWA....

I love the way u had summarised the different developments.... makes it so easy to digest and comprehen......

There are many developments I havent seen though, esp in Nusajaya area. The many bros here should be able to offer more insights on those properties. You can use google map to check out the respective developments proximity to the 2 checkpts too to aid u......

groovy73

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like Setia Cascadia cos it is terrace hse and yet hve its own clubhse.... swimming pool and facilities etc......

currahee

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello... me and my wife are looking for a place in JB area. both currently working in Tuas area. what development would be recommended?
a few of our friends have bought adda heights... any feedback on this development?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
This ekl's office is at the corner lot. I registered with them and they said their launch for the service apartment would be in April 12. I waited and waited and no news till now. Do u know if it has been launched? Thanks

Ah........Thanks.........I did a quick google check. The development I saw is Molek Avenue, by EKL Holdings. Heard that all the shophouses costing RM2.4m have been sold out liao. JB properties are really heating up......Even some small-time players are getting in on the act, as far as I know.......