• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Netizens accuse MP Chen Show Mao of 'copying' article

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
with this phrase "from which I learned a great deal", he explicitly stated that it did not come from him...

bro,
me agree, that's why the source ought to be cited. intellectual integrity should be upheld.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
Firstly the 'benefit' is just on paper only unless that ' peasant' wants to downgrade.

Secondly there are even more of these ' peasants' who do not own anything and at the rate the prices are rising they will never be able to afford any property.

When prices rise, the peasants benefit too.

When I started my first business venture, I was a peasant. I sold it 5 years later to a member of the elite class. That helped me become semi elite.

Without the elite out there, I would have nobody to sell my overpriced business to.

Z

Zombie

intellectual integrity should be upheld

i don't know if this is about intellectual "integrity" since he mentioned it did not come from him...
i agree that the source ought to be cited, maybe as a matter of courtesy or ease of going into depth.. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
i don't know if this is about intellectual "integrity" since he mentioned it did not come from him...
i agree that the source ought to be cited, maybe as a matter of courtesy or ease of going into depth.. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Please cite source of where he claimed he mentioned it did not come from him?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the writings are visibly on the wall. it just take one brave soul to voice it. u don't have to copy. it's always been there.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Please cite source of where he claimed he mentioned it did not come from him?

bro,
you lost the plot totally, those three words "including the following" with trailed behind that whole lot in the opening paragraph in CSM's FB post indicated that the whole chunk didn't come from him.
thought you knew better since you understood what plagiarism meant.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

heheh... true, true. citations are good as there would be a point of reference, also a form of courtesy :p:p:p

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I tink csm did not try to pass it off as his work.

if me can score C6 in English Language at O levels and understand that the ideas were not from CSM in that FB post, me think most bros in here shouldn't have much problems understanding that post too... :o:o:o

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Whoever ideas not important. The important is the point taken in Parliament.

yes, and me learn from me mistakes! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
it was Deng who highlighted that it doesn't matter what color that cat is, as long as it catches the rat, it is a good cat.

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,
you lost the plot totally, those three words "including the following" with trailed behind that whole lot in the opening paragraph in CSM's FB post indicated that the whole chunk didn't come from him.
thought you knew better since you understood what plagiarism meant.

U misunderstood your own quote. The statement U quote from CSM implied that whatever following that statement were a translation of his own thoughts from feedback or whatever he read and rewriting those same thoughts into print. Meaning that the article was in fact a collection of CSM's thoughts

Obviously since this was a collection of stuff that he heard or read, some of the ideas will overlap. This is not a major issue. The major issue here is that not only does the idea overlap with Donald Low's article, it matches it point for point meaning CSM basically lifted it from Donald Low's article and use it in his own article. That whatever he wrote was NOT an original idea. Again not a major issue but you need to cite your sources. He didn't making it seem like he was the one who came up with the entire article. Had it not been for the fact that someone exposed him we would all think he came up with it.

CSM as a lawyer and as a graduate this better then anyone. He should know better. If you read your quote again and the entire article in it's entire, it makes the situation WORSE not BETTER.

I will get U an example here
I write an article beginning with "from which I learned a great deal" - U will expect me to follow up with my own thoughts on the matter
vs I write an article beginning with "from which I learned a great deal" then cut and paste something I found from this forum.
There is a big difference between the 2

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes same guy. If WP is as good as U guys claim, why be afraid to be put under scrutiny. Instead of attacking the other supporters, why not argue your logic. Having to resort to personal attacks or twisting someone else's words just goes to show U loss the argument

Is it important who's idea it is:confused:
Doesn't the the PAP steal ideas from all those fact finding junkets, feedback from public, feed back from civil servants, .... all the time?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Chen already qualified himself at the beginning of his post and Donald Low has said he didnt mind. So WTF is the problem?

This must be from people who dislike him or envious of his credentials and credibility. Most likely PAP running dogs and jealous Opp parties.

the problem is they are sinkies..

check my signature....

Z

Zombie

Economics 101. Many of you wrote to me with your views on the subject of government spending ( from which I learned a great deal), including the following.

do i have reading problem? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Economics 101. Many of you wrote to me with your views on the subject of government spending ( from which I learned a great deal), including the following.

do i have reading problem? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

low life sinkies usually have reading problem.. but when the statement is about sinkie self-interest and self-benefit, then it is totally not a problem.

S

Summer

/

" Don't Talk Cock " -- source former

opp MP Mr Ling How Doong . :smile: :smile: :smile:

..... Another netizen 'Shermon Ong' wrote, "I am disappointed, to say the least, that you (Mr Chen) failed to attribute the source of this article to Mr Donald Low."