• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Need Advice: Travel Luggage

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking to change my beatup travel luggage. Currently using a samsonite. Now looking at a verticle roll mid size luggage, not for cabin.

Not up to date about luggages out in the market, therefore need recomendations.

Am looking at samsonite cubelite, any feedback on this model or other recommendations on models and brands?

Thanks in advance.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bought my luggage 10+ years ago. It is one of those where you can pop up the handle & use it to pull the luggage on wheels. As well it can be converted into a back pack & carried. I used this on my visits to Europe, US, Bkk.

10+ years ago it was rare to find this kind of luggage. In fact I think Eagle Creek was the pioneer. However nowadays it has become more common & many companies have copied the design. Here are some photos of what I mean http://shop.eaglecreek.com/luggage-by-type/l/110

I also have Travel Pro luggage which looks similar to Eagle Creek. It is also good luggage. However it can't be converted into a backpack & is also heavier.

Nowadays I only travel with carry-on luggage. You can save lots of time by-passing the luggage carousels at airports & easier if you need to use public transport.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I notice that Citibank has some kind of promotion going on. I see many people leaving with luggage. You might want to check on what they are offering:wink:

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking to change my beatup travel luggage. Currently using a samsonite. Now looking at a verticle roll mid size luggage, not for cabin.

Not up to date about luggages out in the market, therefore need recomendations.

Am looking at samsonite cubelite, any feedback on this model or other recommendations on models and brands?

Thanks in advance.

Consider getting one with TSA Locks. This is required for entry into USA. You may not use it for this trip but perhaps for future trips and no point buying a new one just for US trips

Townair

Alfrescian
Loyal
Consider getting one with TSA Locks. This is required for entry into USA. You may not use it for this trip but perhaps for future trips and no point buying a new one just for US trips

What's that? How does it look like and work? And do you mean, US specify which luggage for tourist to carry to enter US?!

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you all, for the advice thus far.

Really waiting for any feedback on the samsonite cosmoslite or cubelite. Skin looks flimsy, but claimed to be strong. Don't know will the skin have any crease marks after being hit......

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, Samsonite or Echolac all no regret. I am still using my 13 year old samsonite cabin bag. More old, more character. Only thing I changed these years are the wheels and handle.

Forgot to add this.
This is from a real RunRoader. :smile: Not any TUA KANG YAO SIU.

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
My old samsonite kenna jialat jialat and went several times to samsonite hospital for surgery. But I am thinking of buying the vertical luggage with rollers, but I worry the rollers for these new design may not last, and end up going samsonite hospital again.:o Also the body may crease from the impacts from other luggages during cargo handling.

My old luggage is the horizontal type, if forearm not steady, twist abit or ground uneven, the luggage topples.:(

BTW, Echolac got worldwide warranty and support or not:confused:

Bro, Samsonite or Echolac all no regret. I am still using my 13 year old samsonite cabin bag. More old, more character. Only thing I changed these years are the wheels and handle.

Forgot to add this.
This is from a real RunRoader. :smile: Not any TUA KANG YAO SIU.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK, GPGT. This is what I call good lugguage bag that last 13 years and still going strong. GPGT, here's the good stuff.

7aa3019a.jpg

5173b092.jpg

ad4d42d5.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My old samsonite kenna jialat jialat and went several times to samsonite hospital for surgery. But I am thinking of buying the vertical luggage with rollers, but I worry the rollers for these new design may not last, and end up going samsonite hospital again.:o Also the body may crease from the impacts from other luggages during cargo handling.

My old luggage is the horizontal type, if forearm not steady, twist abit or ground uneven, the luggage topples.:(

BTW, Echolac got worldwide warranty and support or not:confused:
Hehehe. The biggest problem is actually the wheels. No need to go to samsonite for the wheels replacement. Go to third party luggage repair shop and get the best non-samsonite wheels. :p

Townair

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go youtube and take a look at cubelite or cosmoslite, they feature the lock on the luggage.

Thanks. I see both from Samsonite. Look cool but no price listed. Any idea of price range? And do you really mean, you must use this luggage to enter US?

Townair

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go youtube and take a look at cubelite or cosmoslite, they feature the lock on the luggage.

Thanks. I see both from Samsonite. Look cool but no price listed. Any idea of price range? And do you really mean, you must use this luggage to enter US?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for taking the time to take pics and posting them. Appreciate.

I just worry the new samsonite models have unique rotary wheels, cannot find anywhere else.:( But I abit hiao,:biggrin: thinking of getting the latest design since want to change luggage:o

Here's some pics of the third party wheels on the samsonite cabin bag. It just won't die.

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's that? How does it look like and work? And do you mean, US specify which luggage for tourist to carry to enter US?!

TSA is not a brand of luggage but a type of lock approved by US Customs. They have the keys to open TSA locks so there is no need to cut open your bag if they want to inspect. Google TSA Locks for more info.

Townair

Alfrescian
Loyal
TSA is not a brand of luggage but a type of lock approved by US Customs. They have the keys to open TSA locks so there is no need to cut open your bag if they want to inspect. Google TSA Locks for more info.

Thanks man, I'm learning new stuff. I don't travel often and never been to US before.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you don't mind the stigma of using SAF military equipment for civilian use, I recommend the SAF duffel bag.

The new duffel bags are fantastic for travel use. They're black, roomy and you can trolley-carry the bag as it has two wheels at its base.

It's just as good as a branded travel bag.

If you're still an NS slave, you can purchase it with credits.

BFPak.jpg

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hmm...planning my next trip, probably to holland and a one way ticket. free from all lky's acidic cronies...