• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Need advice on property investment with friend

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can a sinkie buy a condo with a friend ? Is it allowed by PAP law and what are the things I need to be aware of ? E.g. If I die what will happen to my share etc ? Or if my friend die, what will happen ? Anyone ever do this before ?

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, you can condo with friend and what happen after you die it will depend on what arrangement you make when you buy the property, tell your lawyer what you want

to make it a bit easier ... why don't you marry your friend first before you buy

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, you can condo with friend and what happen after you die it will depend on what arrangement you make when you buy the property, tell your lawyer what you want

to make it a bit easier ... why don't you marry your friend first before you buy

I wanted to but she say I am not capable man wor. However she wanted to invest in 1 unit with me.
That means we can buy and register under both name, our agreement is everything 50-50 even when selling next time.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should buy with her as tenants in common, that mean when you die your share of property will not automatically go to her ..

... it will go to PAP instead

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why of all frens/relatives she chose to invest with you? Surely theres a reason.....
Think hard....

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why of all frens/relatives she chose to invest with you? Surely theres a reason.....
Think hard....

Yes both of us have a common objectives to invest property and both are singles.But individual we are not capable of financially.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hmm you mean 1 will want to sell, 1 may not next time ?

Investment turns out well: get greedier and take bigger risks. Or one person gets greedy and wants to makan the other's share.

Investment becomes shit: blaming, angry accusations and finger pointing.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Investment turns out well: get greedier and take bigger risks. Or one person gets greedy and wants to makan the other's share.

Investment becomes shit: blaming, angry accusations and finger pointing.

IC noted. Laksaboy and EatshitnDie say same thing means possibly , thanks

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can a sinkie buy a condo with a friend ? Is it allowed by PAP law and what are the things I need to be aware of ? E.g. If I die what will happen to my share etc ? Or if my friend die, what will happen ? Anyone ever do this before ?

Not sure about now, but last time cannot use cpf for loan repayment for non-related buyers.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure about now, but last time cannot use cpf for loan repayment for non-related buyers.

wow another illogical papy law. Once I try to apply grants when buying resale hdb with bro, grant not approved. Whereas grant can be approved with couple. I question hdb officer does it mean both bro earn more $, officer speechless.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow another illogical papy law. Once I try to apply grants when buying resale hdb with bro, grant not approved. Whereas grant can be approved with couple. I question hdb officer does it mean both bro earn more $, officer speechless.

It is like that, i heard single also gets less grant and pay more for the same BTO.

mamadrama

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Generally speaking I follow this rule....if can afford then do it alone ....if cannot afford to do it alone then forget it. As the other guys have said, friendships can be destroyed.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hmm you mean 1 will want to sell, 1 may not next time ?

yes, and more. 1 may decide to go to oz to kpkb about pap, 1 may stay put and kpkb about pap. 1 may cook curry all year, 1 may shit durian all day. 1 may eat meat, 1 may juice vege and fruit. 1 may eat fresh abalones, 1 may eat loosey pussies. countless examples of potential conflicts.

Last edited: