• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Neddy - Where are you ?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Before I forget.
Earlier on, I was looking at a 'regretful' quick sale of a townhouse because the seller is returning to mother England. I think the seller will lose $150k. This Singapore couple is putting in an offer $50k less than the asking price. I think they will get it.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
You need to know a city indepth to sniff out the value for money deals.
Eg When everyone is screaming expensive, my Sydneysider associate bought a $400k 3bedroom unit along Gardeners Road in Mascot. He is particular, travel to the city on the private trainline (you know what I mean, right) The property is earning capital gains now!!

Those people living in Stratfield are probably into their 3rd or 4th property, moving up the K gain ladder from humble housing.
The property game is quite simple. You can have a very good gauge of value for money property by using an investor formula. One seasoned monopoly player use this formula for apartments and units (weekly rent multiply by 105*) ::wink:

Buying property interstate is fun. If you have a property in Melbourne, you can go on a ATO-expensed holiday in Melbourne on the pretext of Looking after your investment property and looking for investment opportunity. :biggrin:

Happy house-hunting. Got to go .... ciao.

Oh thats interesting, just to be clear, if a property weekly rental is $500 so the same property should cost around $525k? Does this apply to apartments/units or to landed property as well? I'm actually looking for a landed property. Sick of staying in an apartment/unit with strata this sink fund that.

Never knew that interstate property can be tax deductible. I'll definitely check out on that. Thanks for the tip. :smile:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for all the valuable information. I am looking for a property to start, but every time I look for a Sydney property it still seem too high for me. 500-600K. What do you guys think about properties in Sydney ? Is it too highly priced? Or should I just continue to rent a place in Sydney and look at property in Perth or Melbourne instead? I know for a fact that Melbourne is definitely more affordable then Sydney. My friend in Melbourne is also playing the property monopoly there buying a 2nd investment house now.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

Well, I'm not an expert.. but I'm pretty certain on this ~ 'always be the poorest in the best suburbz'. Why ? coz the property sale is always governed by the avg transacted price. If you pay 1mil for a ppty (to some it may seem crazy) and if the avg is selling price in the suburb is about 1.8mil... You're sure to make a handsome profit for at least 500k. The bad thing is ... you have to DIY... in a cost effective manner. Renov may kill you if ya not careful.

Pt 2 : Nvr over capitalised i.e. building 2 sty huge hse (say 380m2) in a neighbourhood where you can only see single sty dwelling (abt 250m2).

Pt 3 : Rich do not mind to pay more coz they have the money! but poor are conscious for cost & tax.. So work around the rich, ya be fine.. :wink:

Pt 4: I am keeping it for my next venture :wink:

I nvr done any research on Sydney, so cannot advise further.. But i have covered Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth :wink: There are money to be made everyway, a wise choice will get better returns

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds familiar..
Well, I'm not an expert.. but I'm pretty certain on this ~ 'always be the poorest in the best suburbz'. Why ? coz the property sale is always governed by the avg transacted price. If you pay 1mil for a ppty (to some it may seem crazy) and if the avg is selling price in the suburb is about 1.8mil... You're sure to make a handsome profit for at least 500k. The bad thing is ... you have to DIY... in a cost effective manner. Renov may kill you if ya not careful.

Pt 2 : Nvr over capitalised i.e. building 2 sty huge hse (say 380m2) in a neighbourhood where you can only see single sty dwelling (abt 250m2).

Pt 3 : Rich do not mind to pay more coz they have the money! but poor are conscious for cost & tax.. So work around the rich, ya be fine.. :wink:

Pt 4: I am keeping it for my next venture :wink:

I nvr done any research on Sydney, so cannot advise further.. But i have covered Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth :wink: There are money to be made everyway, a wise choice will get better returns

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds familiar..

Of course it sounds familiar lah. We talked about it. Hey, contribute your thoughts onabt housing. I reckon we have another big growth ahead. BHP said the coal price will grow by 240%.. hmmm... currency gain.. ppty gain.. can retire early liao in ten yrs time :wink: Yahooo !

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course it sounds familiar lah. We talked about it. Hey, contribute your thoughts onabt housing. I reckon we have another big growth ahead. BHP said the coal price will grow by 240%.. hmmm... currency gain.. ppty gain.. can retire early liao in ten yrs time :wink: Yahooo !

hmmmm you guys ever thought of retiring in another country other then Australia? I mean, with property gain, currency gain etc, makes better sense to retire in places like china, malaysia, even singapore? Sell/collect rent with your property here, convert currency to RMB 5.8, RM 3.0, SGD 1.2, and go there enjoy the good life ? :wink: I'll also look at the old thread as well. Thanks for all the property tips so far.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmmmm you guys ever thought of retiring in another country other then Australia? I mean, with property gain, currency gain etc, makes better sense to retire in places like china, malaysia, even singapore? Sell/collect rent with your property here, convert currency to RMB 5.8, RM 3.0, SGD 1.2, and go there enjoy the good life ? :wink: I'll also look at the old thread as well. Thanks for all the property tips so far.

Yes, I am returning to SG or M'sia (2nd Home) in 10-15yrs time or at least when my son turns 16y.o... It is cheap in Asia. It makes sense to earn your AUD in 1st world country and retire in 3rd world To stretch your dollar.

Oh yeah, i think Melbourne, Brissy an Perth are better bets than Sydney. Coz these cities have natural resources... normally the growth is about 20-50yrs.... Get into the monopoly game before it is too late..

Refer to my old post, the moment AUD dropped below SGD.. PAPpies laughed ! I said only 13.8% chances in the past 15 yrs for AUD to be below SGD, it'll rebound back in no time. Now, AUD is as mighty as b4. I also said exhange rate will reach 1.5... when it comes, it is time for me to retire ..

We are such a lucky country !

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, I am returning to SG or M'sia (2nd Home) in 10-15yrs time :wink: or at least when my son turns 16y.o... It is cheap in Asia. It makes sense to earn your AUD in 1st world country and retire in 3rd world :smile: To stretch your dollar.

Oh yeah, i think Melbourne, Brissy an Perth are better bets than Sydney. Coz these cities have natural resources... normally the growth is about 20-50yrs.... Get into the monopoly game before it is too late..

Refer to my old post, the moment AUD dropped below SGD.. PAPpies laughed ! I said only 13.8% chances in the past 15 yrs for AUD to be below SGD, it'll rebound back in no time. Now, AUD is as mighty as b4. I also said exhange rate will reach 1.5... when it comes, it is time for me to retire .. :biggrin:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, I am returning to SG or M'sia (2nd Home) in 10-15yrs time :wink: or at least when my son turns 16y.o... It is cheap in Asia. It makes sense to earn your AUD in 1st world country and retire in 3rd world :smile: To stretch your dollar.

Wow, you are still keeping the red passport. You can collect Aus pension from overseas ... unfair! :biggrin:

I surrender IC long ago because there are too many people in Singapore. Easy to fall sick.

My Singapore friend has million$ house in Singapore, still cannot compete with my Mt Lawley house. The finishing is all done by Italian craftmen, all first-class. Even my gazebo flooring is air-seasoned jarrah wood fitted with stainless steel screws. For me, with this type of high quality house, I am not moving anywhere.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, you are still keeping the red passport. You can collect Aus pension from overseas ... unfair! :biggrin:

I surrender IC long ago because there are too many people in Singapore. Easy to fall sick.

My Singapore friend has million$ house in Singapore, still cannot compete with my Mt Lawley house. The finishing is all done by Italian craftmen, all first-class. Even my gazebo flooring is air-seasoned jarrah wood fitted with stainless steel screws. For me, with this type of high quality house, I am not moving anywhere.

I given up my red passport liao lah.. however, there is nothing stopping me from the reinstating as citizen. Errr.. on 2nd thot, travel 3mth to SG and 3mth to M'sia.. sounds good. :smile:

Hey, check this out !

http://www.liveinaustralia.com/blog/?p=265
PetroChina, Asia’s largest oil company, has signed a $AU50bn ($US41bn) deal to develop a gas field off Australia’s north-western coast, indicating a major step in raising basic material demand by China.

http://www.asiaone.com/Business/News/Story/A1Story20090910-166997.html
CANBERRA, Australia - Energy giant Chevron Australia on Thursday signed deals worth up to A$70 billion (S$86 billion) to supply liquefied natural gas (LNG) to Japan and South Korea, Prime Minister Kevin Rudd said. "These contracts will deliver in the order of A$70 billion worth of exports to Australia over the next 25 years,".....

I know ya smiling.. Perth will be rich for the next 20-50yrs !!!

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I given up my red passport liao lah.. however, there is nothing stopping me from the reinstating as citizen. Errr.. on 2nd thot, travel 3mth to SG and 3mth to M'sia.. sounds good. :smile:

Hey, check this out !

PetroChina, Asia’s largest oil company, has signed a $AU50bn ($US41bn) deal to develop a gas field off Australia’s north-western coast, indicating a major step in raising basic material demand by China.

CANBERRA, Australia - Energy giant Chevron Australia on Thursday signed deals worth up to A$70 billion (S$86 billion) to supply liquefied natural gas (LNG) to Japan and South Korea, Prime Minister Kevin Rudd said. "These contracts will deliver in the order of A$70 billion worth of exports to Australia over the next 25 years,".....

Look what I caught ... the seller ran out of $$$ so I take over lah!

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...-rea&c=73012311&p=10&s=wa&t=res&tm=1253333026

To me, Aussie properties are good deals compared to Singapore and Malaysia. You just have to compare the materials use and the builder's guarantee. Where can you find a builder return to rectify problems cost $6000 4 years after building. In Singapore, you will get scolded. hahaha

I saw the marble counter in my friend Singapore home. Look fake compared to my real stuff.

I ever asked my gazebo installer why he did not use the beam type of wood for my ceiling, he stared at me like I am a clown. "This wood is the only type that can withstand the heat, the rain, .... external elements. It will last 100 years ... "This Italian Aussie chap was really annoyed at my ignorance. "Next time, you can tell my grandson I built this." This is how proud these people are of the the work they do, not the regular Phua Chu Kang in Singapore.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hey, check this out !

Forget about the bullshits from real estate agents and the press (sometimes).
You may want to check this out.
http://www.fahcsia.gov.au/sa/housing/pubs/housing/housing_demand_australia/Documents/default.htm

We just have had the largest migrant settlement in WA last year. These people need a place to live in. :biggrin: