• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NEA is really too fucking free!! These bastards!!

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What about the tables then? Dont they have to be cleaned? Are customers supposed to clean them too?

Hey, good point...

Here Customer, take this rag....

EmunlOP.png

...And make sure you clean the edge of the table too....or NEA will fine you!!!

uZR10zN.png

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do not return your trays....do your part as civil disobedience....show pappies the middle finger

You do not have to do that, just read the huge stickers they had pasted on the tables...it says return the TRAY...so you return the TRAY...the rest you leave on the table...when ask, show them what the sticker says..RETURN THE TRAY.:biggrin:

SingaporeNINJA

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So Tanglin Halt Market had started this frivolous initiative on 24-FEB-2013.

What is the response so far? Is there a need for ang chia or everyone is kwai kwai getting their arse poked in the name of gracious society?

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
So Tanglin Halt Market had started this frivolous initiative on 24-FEB-2013.

What is the response so far? Is there a need for ang chia or everyone is kwai kwai getting their arse poked in the name of gracious society?

Why don't you move your butt to Tanglin Halt and find out yourself if it bothers you so much? A little exercise and some fresh air will surely do you good.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
After wasting taxpayers money with their aimless household inspection for mosquitoes instead of tackling the source of mosquitoes breeding in drains and construction sites, etc and wasting taxpayers money to go after smokers to enforce their juvenile no smoking restrictions, now this!!!

Tray-return intiative to be launched at Tanglin Halt Market: NEA

20130224.121835_tray.jpg

AsiaOne
Sunday, Feb 24, 2013

SINGAPORE - Tanglin Halt Market will be the ninth hawker centre to join the tray-return intiative, announced the National Environment Agency (NEA) today.

Its intiative that was piloted at eight hawker centres have achieved a success rate between 60 and 70 per cent since its launch in Nov last year.

NEA added that the tray-return system will be implemented at the remaining 95 hawker centres in three phases.
The national rollout of the initiative is slated to kick start from the second half of this year.

The following is the statement from NEA in full:
Tanglin Halt Market, the ninth hawker centre under the tray return pilot launch, rolled out its tray-return initiative today. The tray return initiative aims to encourage patrons to return their trays as an act of social graciousness and this helps create a cleaner dining environment for everyone at our hawker centres.
Overall, the tray-return initiative, piloted at eight hawker centres since November 2012, has been achieving tray-return rates ranging from 60 per cent to 70 per cent.

Extending tray return to other hawker centres
This pilot phase serves as the learning ground for the eventual national rollout of tray return, which is slated to kick start from the second half of this year. The tray-return system will be implemented at the remaining 95 hawker centres in three phases. NEA will continue to engage the various key stakeholders including the hawkers, cleaning contractors as well as various community volunteers so as to ensure sustained results will be achieved in the full rollout.

Beyond the hawker centres
As an act of social graciousness to create a cleaner dining environment, tray-return should not be confined to just being practiced in hawker centres. NEA is engaging food-court operators and fast-food chains to roll out the tray-return initiative at these outlets. More details will be released in the coming months.

Survey results:
No Hawker Centre Launch Dates Return Rates
1 Blk 726 Clementi West St 2 Mkt & FC 11 Nov 12 70%
2 Kallang Estate Mkt & FC 17 Nov 12 70%
3 Tampines St 11 Blk 137 Mkt & FC 24 Nov 12 70%
4 Ang Mo Kio Ave 4 Mkt & FC 8 Dec 12 60%
5 Tiong Bahru Mkt & FC 9 Dec 12 70%
6 Zion Rd Mkt & FC 9 Dec 12 60%
7 North Bridge Rd Mkt & FC 23 Dec 12 70%
8 Blk 254 Jurong East St 24 Mkt & FC 6 Jan 13 60%

<tbody>
</tbody>

these bugger hawkers increased food prices by 20-30% and gives smaller portions during the chineses new year holidays , gives all sort of excuse and expects us to return trays for them!!!!!! some even has to gall to say you have a choice not to patronise them!!!!!Farkers these hawkers. I also have a choice and I DO NOT RETURN MY TRAYS. BOYCOTT THIS STUPID NEA initiative. instead of more important things like dengue epidemic and mosquitoes breeding in singapore , they talk about some stupid return trays which only benefit the businessmen and landlord foodcourt owners. just bioycott this policy

Last edited:

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Fuck them....

not happy change the law to fine people for not returning lor...

thats why this CCB govt is good at right?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why don't you move your butt to Tanglin Halt and find out yourself if it bothers you so much? A little exercise and some fresh air will surely do you good.

See how quarrelsome you're? If you keep quiet, no one would know how antagonistic you're.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You do not have to do that, just read the huge stickers they had pasted on the tables...it says return the TRAY...so you return the TRAY...the rest you leave on the table...when ask, show them what the sticker says..RETURN THE TRAY.:biggrin:

Good idea! Wherever leftovers and soup/gravy I will pour into table....this is not anti social but civil disobedience. Lets start an anti campaign

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
You don't get it. This is Singapore Inc. Whether you return the tray or not is inconsequential; the entire cost will still be passed on to you.

In fact, you may already be seeing signs of this. Some hawker stalls have secretly reduced the amount of food, because that's the only alternative they have to raising prices.

Blame the rent collectors, and the irresponsible govt for letting inflation spiral out of control.

food amounts have been reduced due to inflation pushing up the prices of raw ingredients. now must order the "big" portion to get a decent meal.

stall owners have to pay more in "cleaning fees" due to higher costs of labour (as a result of increased levies). this will be passed on to us.

these are 2 separate issues. both resulting in price increases.

you are right in that rents are too high. but rents are only as high as what the consumers are willing to pay.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is about time to get those service entitled sinkies to clear their own trays.

at home do you expect someone else to wash your dishes?

no you wash your own dishes. stop being a spoilt brat. :biggrin:

you think hawker centres are restaurants?

simple things like clearing your own trays also must let other people do?

their margins are so low. you want to squeeze every penny from the stall owners?

you sure talk c@ck. you go to restaurant do they ask you to clear the table? It is my right not to return tray. do it now and they next would ask you to wash the dishes. stupid logic of your. what I do in my house is my own business. I set the rules. what I do ouutside is also my business, so long as I do not break the law. if you got a problem with that, it is your problem, NOT mine. too bad there is nothing you can do about it.
if the hawkers can increase prices wantonly during CNY and do as they deem fit so can I . If they cannot make a profit, they should close shop. stop using this as an excuse . this is the business. warp logic. might as well make customers wash dises, sweep floor and empty the bins after paying and eating. what a joke.

Last edited: