• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NEA is a bunch of morons wasting taxpayers money

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Singapore open space is so big

700 sq metres of Island and more than 5 million people crammed into the damned place and living like sardines and you're telling us that Singapore has BIG OPEN SPACES??? Do you actually know the meaning of the phrase???:eek:

I was under the impression that drugs are hard to come by in Singapore but it's pretty obvious that you've been inhaling something. :rolleyes:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
700 sq metres of Island and more than 5 million people crammed into the damned place and living like sardines and you're telling us that Singapore has BIG OPEN SPACES??? Do you actually know the meaning of the phrase???:eek:

I was under the impression that drugs are hard to come by in Singapore but it's pretty obvious that you've been inhaling something. :rolleyes:

Ya, I was smoked by the White paper that we have room for 6.9million.

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nonsense. You're engaging in the blame game, which is very sinkie. Blame the sinkie, yeah go ahead, instead of looking at the real problem at hand and finding the best solution while using taxpayers money wisely and efficiently.

You tell me, what are the chances of a household's kitchen contributing to the increase in mosquito breeding, when clearly the mosquitoes breeding grounds are increased due to the raining season and it does not take rocket science to zero in on those outside common areas as the main contributing factor to this increase instead of trying to push forward a propaganda exercise that is wasting taxpayers money and not really solving the problem.

NEA should spend more time, effort and taxpayers money to increase its inspection and eradication exercise at those high risk areas instead of trying to prove that households are the ones contributing to the mosquito breeding. This is common sense.

i hope you and your entire family get bitten by swarms of mosquitoes breeding in your neighbours' homes. maybe you'll get lucky and strike the dengue lottery. 2 weeks mc for you.

you are turning a willful blind eye to the fact that many sinkies still breed mosquitoes in their homes.

i personally welcome the NEA officers into my home to inspect. i offer them drinks for carrying out their job to keep our living environment safe.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Ya, I was smoked by the White paper that we have room for 6.9million.

Yeah since Singapore has BIG OPEN SPACES I'm sure 6.9 million will be no problem at all. Perhaps 8.5 would be a better figure.

Remove all the BIG OPEN SPACES and the dengue problem will be solved and sinkies will all be healthier and less at risk of dying of dengue fever.

SingaporeNINJA

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nea_no_mosquito_breeding_at_construction_site_contractor-thumbnail.jpg

Does the average residential household in Singapore look like this after the rain?
Which location has a higher possibility of mosquito breeding?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
i personally welcome the NEA officers into my home to inspect. i offer them drinks for carrying out their job to keep our living environment safe.

Well done. It's good to find someone here with some common sense. It certainly is a breath of fresh air. I have added to your points.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah since Singapore has BIG OPEN SPACES I'm sure 6.9 million will be no problem at all. Perhaps 8.5 would be a better figure.

Remove all the BIG OPEN SPACES and the dengue problem will be solved and sinkies will all be healthier and less at risk of dying of dengue fever.

I am not worried about dengue fever, my main concern is India TB or China SARs being imported by hundred of thousands every year. These two more deadly with or without space.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Does the average residential household in Singapore look like this after the rain?
Which location has a higher possibility of mosquito breeding?

Homes have a higher possibility because there are so many nooks and crannies where water can collect and not dry out. You're probably breeding some right now so stop wasting your time trying to pass the buck and check your own surroundings instead.

If you did your part along with everyone else, the problem could be eliminated very quickly.

SingaporeNINJA

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i hope you and your entire family get bitten by swarms of mosquitoes breeding in your neighbours' homes. maybe you'll get lucky and strike the dengue lottery. 2 weeks mc for you.

you are turning a willful blind eye to the fact that many sinkies still breed mosquitoes in their homes.

You're encouraging NEA to wilfully waste taxpayers money and YET the mosquito continues to breed, because morons like you think your neighbors breed mosquitos when the drains around your estate are the culprit. For that stupidity, I hope you and your family get bitten by swarms of mosquitoes breeding in those drains and other high risk areas while you're having this sinkie attitude that your neighbour is the cause. We'll have no regrets to send you and your family on your way since dengue is not infectious, unlike the flu.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hmmm....I smell we have one NEA officer here.:p

SingaporeNINJA

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Homes have a higher possibility because there are so many nooks and crannies where water can collect and not dry out. You're probably breeding some right now so stop wasting your time trying to pass the buck and check your own surroundings instead.

If you did your part along with everyone else, the problem could be eliminated very quickly.

Homes have a higher possibility for water retention? Are you high on drugs?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So should we check our kettle or fridge?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well done. It's good to find someone here with some common sense. It certainly is a breath of fresh air. I have added to your points.

I disagree, but my opinion does not count, as after all, I'm Sinkie and should be devoid of common sense. But we know NEA is skiving and the dengue outbreak is out of control so it's about time to push the blame on Sinkie, the convenient scapegoat. :biggrin:

SingaporeNINJA

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NEA would rather waste taxpayers money sending their army of inspectors to catch smokers and hide away from the dirt and sun by spending taxpayers money to have their inspectors checking residential households for mosquitoes instead of expending their resources by intensifying their checks on construction sites, dumping grounds, hawker centers, open and covered drains, private gardens, forested areas, monsoon drains, etc, etc.

What a bunch of conniving chobolans showing off their NEA badges to residents while the mosquitoes keep breeding in all the likely hotspots mentioned and dengue menace gets out of control and yet these morons still think they're an authority in mass education, while they failed to do their job, which is checking all those high risk hotspots mentioned instead of wasting taxpayers money by engaging in a futile blame game propaganda exercise attempting to push the blame of mosquito breeding to residential households and finding scapegoats, instead of intensifying their fumigation exercises in all the high risk hotspots mentioned. Karma is a bitch. These morons will get it from Karma sooner than later.

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i had no problem nea want to enter to check but to check every few days is too much liao. when i point out to them that the park connector in front of my block had clogged drainage, maybe they should get their contractor to clear the drainage as water trap there will breed mozzie, the inspector anknowledged but now two weeks liao, nothing is done. because the park connector belong to national park($8 cow dept), nea boh chap and hdb cleaners dont care. it dont help that there a condo building site across the road. sigh... so that sinkies' fault?

SingaporeNINJA

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i had no problem nea want to enter to check but to check every few days is too much liao. when i point out to them that the park connector in front of my block had clogged drainage, maybe they should get their contractor to clear the drainage as water trap there will breed mozzie, the inspector anknowledged but now two weeks liao, nothing is done. because the park connector belong to national park($8 cow dept), nea boh chap and hdb cleaners dont care. it dont help that there a condo building site across the road. sigh... so that sinkies' fault?

Not really an issue of whether you've no problem for NEA to enter your home to check; they're not allowed to enter into anybody's residential homes to check unless by explicit law, which means they'll have to plead their case in court and get the police to issue a warrant to allow it to search. The same legal process needs to be followed. I'm extremely bemused most of the time that Singaporeans do not seem to know their own legal rights. By allowing any agency to suka suka send letters to say it will check your home for this or for that, it is opening up a pandora box for various agencies to abuse the power. This is illegal, but if you allow it, then you're inviting them into your own households. It's your own free choice and at your own costs, risks and perils.

Besides, it is so obvious that mosquitoes hardly breed in households if the outside areas are well kept and the drains well maintained. This is a scenario of mosquitoes invading into households because the mosquitoes had expanded from their normal breeding grounds. Now, once NEA clean up their act and maintain those outside areas where no one seems to be in charge or other agencies (eg National Park) are in charge, then the mosquitoes menace will naturally be under control. The residential households will have insect sprays and other means to kill off any mosquitoes, because no one in the households can be oblivious to mosquitoes breeding in their own homes, as they'll get bitten and they'll take actions on their own to eradicate the mosquitoes.

This is plain common sense. NEA is deliberately engaging in a propaganda that shifts the blame of mosquitoes breeding to households while not doing their REAL JOB of intensifying their checks and fumigation on those high risk hotspots. In the end, the problem does not get solved and it will only be solved when the rainy season stops. Meanwhile, as long as it rains, mosquitoes will breed and dengue will continue to be a health threat to Singaporeans, because NEA is not doing its job but playing a blame game propaganda exercise to make households the scapegoat.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are these NEA home inspections something like a police raid:confused:
Do they have a warrant to search one's home? Is it against the law for households to tell them to buzz off?