• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

National Solidarity Party plans to field some 30 candidates in next GE

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1080606/1/.html

By Saifulbahri Ismail | Posted: 11 September 2010 1904 hrs

phpOtH7sW.jpg

Photos 1 of 1

SINGAPORE : The National Solidarity Party (NSP) plans to field some 30 candidates in the next general election, to be held before February 2012.

This is an increase from the 12 candidates NSP fielded in the last elections.

At a news conference on Saturday, the opposition party hinted it is looking at contesting in the Tampines and Jalan Besar GRCs.

The party also revealed two potential candidates to contest in the upcoming elections.

A Malay Bureau was launched as well. NSP said the formation of its Malay Bureau will help achieve its aim of sending the party's first Malay candidate into Parliament, whether as an MP or Non-Constituency MP.

National Solidarity Party's secretary-general Goh Meng Seng said: "For our party, we are prepared to give priority to the Malay candidates to walk into Parliament, to raise issues not only on the Malay community, but also Singapore (issues).

"We have the trust in our Malay candidates to do so because they are not radical, they are open-minded Malay professionals."

Zulkifli Baharudin, a political observer and former Nominated Member of Parliament, said: "If indeed this is an indication of more and more Singaporeans who want to be part of the opposition, to participate in elections and to devote their lives to be the alternative to the PAP (People's Action Party), to improve the lives of the people, and to offer Singaporeans more choices in the coming elections, then I think it is a positive development.

"But if it is only because they feel that even if they lose the elections, there are more places for them to be NCMPs, then I do not think that is the right motivation in politics." - CNA/ms

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wonder if Ramseth will be fielded ? Then we can all know how handsome he is.

You seem to be very concerned with my looks. I'm nowhere near the likes of Andy Lau or Tom Cruise. My statement to be handsome seems to have irked you somewhat. However, you have to read it in context of the health, slimming and exercise topics in which I said that. I'm just average, perhaps slightly above average in the eyes of less demanding beholders.

Back to the serious point. No, I'm not standing for election.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You seem to be very concerned with my looks. I'm nowhere near the likes of Andy Lau or Tom Cruise. My statement to be handsome seems to have irked you somewhat. However, you have to read it in context of the health, slimming and exercise topics in which I said that. I'm just average, perhaps slightly above average in the eyes of less demanding beholders.

Why?, it would be interesting? pass the hat around...$1, 16,000 persons....you are on the way...:biggrin:

Green Light

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats, does NSP give priority to Malay candidates for the seek of their race or are they the best candidates in NSP? Given special treatment to certain race could win you some minority votes but is it good as a whole for Singapore? I think the UMNO would be delighted

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why?, it would be interesting? pass the hat around...$1, 16,000 persons....you are on the way...:biggrin:

If you want to do that, or already have the money and willing to stand as opposition candidate, I'll support and help you too. As for me, it's not a question of whether I have or will have the money or not. I have other commitments and constraints. (Don't bother to ask what, it's personal.)

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
30 candidates from NSP.

Great work!

For the first time in Singapore recent election history. No more walkovers? All seats will be contested?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I cannot be bothered if you rate your own looks, body, HJ as 10/10.

I dare you to stand for elections. Let see how the electorate evaluate your this kind of half fuck, self-absorbed character.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
well done and great initiative on the Malay Bureau. I hope it finally opens for our Malay breathen who have no avenue except for PAP aligned channels or the unstable PKMS. It also steals a march on SDA. Not joining SDA now makes sense and reveals the reason why.

Delighted.

fengshuisifu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Introduce them early will be great for Singaporeans to see & assess them...

eg Ris Low?PCK?Bee Bee See?..

All the best...:smile:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1080606/1/.html

By Saifulbahri Ismail | Posted: 11 September 2010 1904 hrs

phpOtH7sW.jpg

Photos 1 of 1

SINGAPORE : The National Solidarity Party (NSP) plans to field some 30 candidates in the next general election, to be held before February 2012.

At a news conference on Saturday, the opposition party hinted it is looking at contesting in the Tampines and Jalan Besar GRCs.

The party also revealed two potential candidates to contest in the upcoming elections.

A Malay Bureau was launched as well. NSP said the formation of its Malay Bureau will help achieve its aim of sending the party's first Malay candidate into Parliament, whether as an MP or Non-Constituency MP.

National Solidarity Party's secretary-general Goh Meng Seng said: "For our party, we are prepared to give priority to the Malay candidates to walk into Parliament, to raise issues not only on the Malay community, but also Singapore (issues).

"We have the trust in our Malay candidates to do so because they are not radical, they are open-minded Malay professionals."

Zulkifli Baharudin, a political observer and former Nominated Member of Parliament, said: "If indeed this is an indication of more and more Singaporeans who want to be part of the opposition, to participate in elections and to devote their lives to be the alternative to the PAP (People's Action Party), to improve the lives of the people, and to offer Singaporeans more choices in the coming elections, then I think it is a positive development.

"But if it is only because they feel that even if they lose the elections, there are more places for them to be NCMPs, then I do not think that is the right motivation in politics." - CNA/ms

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

National Solidarity Party's secretary-general Goh Meng Seng said: "For our party, we are prepared to give priority to the Malay candidates to walk into Parliament, to raise issues not only on the Malay community, but also Singapore(issues).

This is an excellent move and statement by Goh Meng Seng.

There is a lot of political scope inherent in this. I'm sure GMS knows how to play his cards right moving forward.

Well done.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The National Solidarity Party (NSP) plans to field some 30 candidates in the next general election, to be held before February 2012.

which are the other 2/3 mystery GRCs that NSP plans to contest?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you do look like yr avatar, then you are handsome indeed!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
well done and great initiative on the Malay Bureau. I hope it finally opens for our Malay breathen who have no avenue except for PAP aligned channels or the unstable PKMS. It also steals a march on SDA. Not joining SDA now makes sense and reveals the reason why.

Delighted.

Agree.

There is enormous political potential in this move by NSP.

I've confidence in them. This is good.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Congrats, does NSP give priority to Malay candidates for the seek of their race or are they the best candidates in NSP? Given special treatment to certain race could win you some minority votes but is it good as a whole for Singapore? I think the UMNO would be delighted

I think you're missing the point. :cool:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dare you to stand for elections. Let see how the electorate evaluate your this kind of half fuck, self-absorbed character.

Election is not for ego challenges. It's serious matter of the state for the people. I wouldn't consider it even if you identify yourself and pay for my deposit to a face-to-face challenge to let the electorate decide who's ego wins. Voters deserve more serious issues to consider about when they cast their votes than some nobodies trying to prove who's lower below sea level.