• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NATHAN say he is a symbol of the people and the nation

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your or PAP standard too high. OTC 58% win will be viewed as a landslide victory in most countries. Oppositions got 39% during 91 GE, the Chua guy got 42% in 93 Presidental, he got the Oppositions votes against PAP + 3% more - decent result only.

FUCK YOU LAH BLARDY IDIOT!

We are talking about Singapore! What the fuck are you talking about other countries? :oIo: Blardy COCK!

if we talk about durian in Singapore, you will bring up pumpkins in USA! :oIo:

Eh CB KIA! In Singapore context, anything less than 70% is seen as a failure for the fascist PAPies! Understand CB Kia!

58% was too close for comfort for a fascist regime. If they don't thik they can get 70%, they will rather prevent a vote. After all they have the 154th and mediacorpse to sell their propaganda and to turn shit into gold for them.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your or PAP standard too high. OTC 58% win will be viewed as a landslide victory in most countries. Oppositions got 39% during 91 GE, the Chua guy got 42% in 93 Presidental, he got the Oppositions votes against PAP + 3% more - decent result only.

I would say this election really shook those dogs to pee in their pants. Considering that Chua barely spend a week on his campaign trial and for most part of it prior to that he was actually voicing his reluctance to be selected. Yet for a virtual unknown to garner more then 40% vote within such a short period, woke those dogs up to realize that on a national level, it is reflective of the support that the opposition might garner if every parliament seat was up for grab. Cos each vote for Chua was in effect a vote for the opposition, the people can't be bother about who Chua really represent but they were sure hell not going to vote another PAP lackey in.

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
He said Singaporeans' expectations of the elected president, who is a symbol of the people and the nation, are different from those of parliamentary candidates who represent constituencies.

Who elected him?

Mr Nathan is serving his second term; he was elected unopposed in 1999 and 2005.

He was returned unopposed yes, he won by walkover yes, he was ELECTED unopposed?????!!!!! What on earth is elected unopposed??? Did Singaporeans get to cast any vote at all??? Same quality as "market subsidy".

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would say this election really shook those dogs to pee in their pants. Considering that Chua barely spend a week on his campaign trial and for most part of it prior to that he was actually voicing his reluctance to be selected. Yet for a virtual unknown to garner more then 40% vote within such a short period, woke those dogs up to realize that on a national level, it is reflective of the support that the opposition might garner if every parliament seat was up for grab. Cos each vote for Chua was in effect a vote for the opposition, the people can't be bother about who Chua really represent but they were sure hell not going to vote another PAP lackey in.

I think a new face will show up this round. PrataMan enough liao. I bet on Jayakumar or the Zainal Abidin from MFA. More likely the latter - race consideration.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Over $30M was paid to this traitor. That money could have been spent to alleviate the sufferings of poor families in Singapore. Families who can't afford milk for their children or to feed them three times a day!

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What about that ex NTUC guy? Seems like he has been selling himself of late...

All PAP nominated Presidential candidates, except OTC, are running dogs, a disgrace to the Office. The next PAP endorsed candidate could be another running dog...LBH. Disgusting

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
All PAP nominated Presidential candidates, except OTC, are running dogs, a disgrace to the Office. The next PAP endorsed candidate could be another running dog...LBH. Disgusting

I beg to differ on OTC, everyone is making him out to be a saint but lest we all forgot, he too did their bidding. Just so happened that he bit off more then he can chew. Same as Devan Nair too, he got on the wrong end of the old man and that when they decided to dish all the dirt on him.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I beg to differ on OTC, everyone is making him out to be a saint but lest we all forgot, he too did their bidding. Just so happened that he bit off more then he can chew. Same as Devan Nair too, he got on the wrong end of the old man and that when they decided to dish all the dirt on him.

ok..we differ on OTC:smile:

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ohhh...am I being too kind to him?

actually I pitied him...the way he was ignored by other joggers, walkers during his morning walk. that spoke a lot of him

Why you pity him? He is paid S$3mil a year. I don't think someone earning S$3mil a year needs pity especially when under his watch, Singapore lost billions of dollars.

jw5

Loyal
Why you pity him? He is paid S$3mil a year. I don't think someone earning S$3mil a year needs pity especially when under his watch, Singapore lost billions of dollars.
He won't deny the first part of your post (the 3 million a year) but on the second part, he will think that's none of his business.