• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Thoughts about Open Electricity Market (OEM) for Singapore Residential Market

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tuas power is ah Tiong one
Seraya is mudland
There is one with jap directors - I presume jap owned.

How ? We fattening the overseas companies ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tuas power is ah Tiong one
Seraya is mudland
There is one with jap directors - I presume jap owned.

How ? We fattening the overseas companies ?

A good prostitute does not discriminate, every dick is welcome to fuck her for a price.

Similar to how Sinkieland allows other countries to 'invest'. :wink:

I won't be surprised if the prison system becomes privatised in future.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That explains why recently a lot of part-time youths are on the streets urging you to switch to a another electricity provider to save on your bills. :rolleyes:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It’s scary that there is now a plethora of suppliers - how big is our market ? It’s sustainable ? Fuelled by subsidies from EMA the market will consolidate when subsidies dried up. Then consumers will be screwed.

The fact that 22% off regulated price shows that we have been overcharged all this while. Bloody power generators ripping us off.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It’s scary that there is now a plethora of suppliers - how big is our market ? It’s sustainable ? Fuelled by subsidies from EMA the market will consolidate when subsidies dried up. Then consumers will be screwed.

The fact that 22% off regulated price shows that we have been overcharged all this while. Bloody power generators ripping us off.

Oops, blackout! Honest mistake, please use your candles and torchlights. :biggrin:

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are not getting it. If they can make a profit then that means power grid has been fucking the people for decades!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are not getting it. If they can make a profit then that means power grid has been fucking the people for decades!

Surprised there isn't an 'electricity conservation tax', similar to the 'water conservation tax' to encourage Sinkies to reduce water consumption. :wink:

'Helping the poor' can be done in a variety of ways.

Mark9999

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks.!
Very good article.

Q: after 18months with TuasPower, and they increased prices, then how?

We merry-go-round again.!?

In the end, its: they win, we lose?

IMG_20190505_182146.jpg

=

Huatable

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then u sign up 36mths contract from the start :p :p

I think just like normal telco contract, you are free to jump to whoever offer you the best price :smile:

Some contracts have no lock-in period.

Example
OHM has a contract without lock-in period with a $10.70 monthly fee called Simply Ohm + a standard 20-30% discount off prevailing SP rates.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
I compared the prices of the OEM retailers. Chin Chin Chye Chye at least 20% discount off SP Power tariffs for floating rates and about 30% discount for fixed rates (because SP Power tariffs are expected to be adjusted slightly lower in 2019).

It set me thinking, SP Power made so much money from us all these years.

Then why so much bloody hassle? Why don't SP Powers just charge 20-30% cheaper for all residences?

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
I compared the prices of the OEM retailers. Chin Chin Chye Chye at least 20% discount off SP Power tariffs for floating rates and about 30% discount for fixed rates (because SP Power tariffs are expected to be adjusted slightly lower in 2019).

It set me thinking, SP Power made so much money from us all these years.

Worse of all, the old, uneducated, poor, wouldn't sign up with OEM retailers readily because it is a commercial contract with lock-in period or clauses.

Then why so much bloody hassle? Why don't SP Powers just charge 20-30% cheaper for all residences?

2 main points

SP power has been over charging the public 20-30 % God knows since when
i learned from the electricity providers staff that all of them have to pay SP power a certain sum of money (IDK the amt) in order to be a electricity provider

almost everything in spore is a SCAM

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2 main points

SP power has been over charging the public 20-30 % God knows since when
i learned from the electricity providers staff that all of them have to pay SP power a certain sum of money (IDK the amt) in order to be a electricity provider

almost everything in spore is a SCAM

"Great bargain, great value for money, be grateful." :biggrin:

Water is also overpriced, water 'conservancy' tax is equivalent to the radio/tv license fee back in the day.