• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Thoughts about Open Electricity Market (OEM) for Singapore Residential Market

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who else is saying overseas? I can tell you sinkie eleçtricity bill was retarded from the start
Nothing wrong with making more money! Too much you can still give rebates! People will praise the garmen for economy doing well give back and help the poor! :cool:

Huatable

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing wrong with making more money! Too much you can still give rebates! People will praise the garmen for economy doing well give back and help the poor! :cool:

Most of the poor or lower educated elders can only Singapore Power and wait for hand outs, because some are already owing utilities bills or unable handle the contract's terms and conditions.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I compared the prices of the OEM retailers. Chin Chin Chye Chye at least 20% discount off SP Power tariffs for floating rates and about 30% discount for fixed rates (because SP Power tariffs are expected to be adjusted slightly lower in 2019).

It set me thinking, SP Power made so much money from us all these years.

Worse of all, the old, uneducated, poor, wouldn't sign up with OEM retailers readily because it is a commercial contract with lock-in period or clauses.

Then why so much bloody hassle? Why don't SP Powers just charge 20-30% cheaper for all residences?

THAT is the single question that they refuse to answer. One can only guess that by spreading out to cronies and GLCs, their financial performance will be enhanced, accompanied by the "usual" fantistico "performance" bonuses.

Huatable

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please take note of price quotations before and after GST, promotional discounts/rebates and penalties for moving.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Erm... isn't it faster to stop wasting electricity and save bigger on the bills?
Use fans not air-conditioners, wash clothes on full load, use the iron for a larger number of apparels, use energy saving LEDs, multitask on a large screen, etc...

Alfrescian
Loyal
Erm... isn't it faster to stop wasting electricity and save bigger on the bills?
Use fans not air-conditioners, wash clothes on full load, use the iron for a larger number of apparels, use energy saving LEDs, multitask on a large screen, etc...

If you do the abv + stay with Singapore Power, maybe you can save 20%..
However, if you do the abv + switch to new electricity retailers, maybe you can save 20% + another 20% (due to lower rate per kwh) :biggrin:

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes live like a miser. Because thats what defines first world. No other place charges more for utilities. Not even japan

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
If you do the abv + stay with Singapore Power, maybe you can save 20%..
However, if you do the abv + switch to new electricity retailers, maybe you can save 20% + another 20% (due to lower rate per kwh) :biggrin:

Blimey! I'm gonna do my sums now!