• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Paper article implies that well-to-do Sinkies are tolerant of foreigners!

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What Bryanlim has posted.. has struck something in me.. for I realize that SG ppl have been competing against one another since they are born.

I don't know if it is the intention of the pappies.. but it has become such a thing.

I remember once, when I was in Primary school.. and I wasn't sure if the science homework was to be due on Friday.. so I called my classmate. To my shock.. I could hear his mother telling him quite softly (but obviously not soft enough for I heard) "tell him you don't know. hang up quick.. say you are busy.. or going out..".

I was so pissed, i told him, "tell your mother not to worry la.. I won't call you ever again.. "

Truth of the matter was.. he could not beat me in science in the class.. and since his parents also knew.. it was how they got him to "compete" with me.

I never forgot that incident.. and I asked my parents why adults did such things. To my utter disappointment, they told me that it will get worse when I enter adulthood and start working.

From what I have heard, it's worse now.. pre-school .. even before kindergarten.. kids are told.. taught.. and even forced to compete against each other.. no wonder kids in SG are so stressed.. they can't even enjoy their childhood.. no wonder they hate each other.. and won't help one another.. and also feel so indifferent towards what goes on in SG's society.

If they continue to make SG ppl compete like this at such a young age.. we will only see more and more of the younger SG ppl feel less and less.. more and more numb to everything around them. Success.. or academic results.. should not be encouraged to be like this.

We have lost the way to true happiness. and no wonder we keep "attacking" one another.. go at each other.. and thus, allow the foreigners.. and also pappies.. to pick us off. little by little. We ought to take a hard look at why we drive our kids to such a state.

I fear competition like this, has bred a nation of worse than kiasu and kiasi ppl.. they have become unfeeling.. unapologetic. and may in the deteriorate to worse conditions that I can't even imagine.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
good job bro. welcome to the awakening. it doesn't have to be like what you described. change comes from within all of us. fuck the system. we are the system.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
this movie by Wong Yen Yen is a great local movie, that is NOT jack neo rubbish.

part 1:

[video=youtube;YbIHUjxO06I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbIHUjxO06I[/video]

part 2 is also available on youtube.

if you enjoy the movie, pls try to buy the original to support the team.

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this movie by Wong Yen Yen is a great local movie, that is NOT jack neo rubbish.

part 1:

part 2 is also available on youtube.

if you enjoy the movie, pls try to buy the original to support the team.

Err.. did I see correctly? Woffles Wu?? Not the same guy who got a small fine for falseifying stuff..??