• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My kids love Legoland. Should I buy this Vacation Home in Nusa Duta?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
JB’s high-rise residences’ vacancy rate expected to hit above 50% this year

BY RACHEL CHEW of EdgeProp.my KUALA LUMPUR:

The vacancy rate of Johor Baru’s high-rise residences is expected to hit above 50% for the first time in 2019, said CBRE|WTW Johor Baru director Tan Ka Leong.

During his presentation of the Johor Baru real estate market outlook at the launch of the CBRE|WTW Asia Pacific Real Estate Market Outlook 2019 Malaysia report yesterday, Tan pointed out that the 2019 market outlook for high-end, high-rise residential in Johor Baru will remain challenging. “Generally, all the property segments in Johor Baru were horizontal in 2018.

Landed residential property transaction volume was down 20% while high-rise residential property transactions dropped 50% last year. There were also fewer high-end residential transactions in 2018,” Tan noted. He added that some 10,500 units of incoming supply will be added to the high-rise residential market in 2019.

“That translates into about 10% of the existing 102,851 units. I foresee prices and rents moving downwards in 2019 and for the first time, the vacancy rate will break through the current 50% resistance level in 2019,” Tan shared. The situation is just as bad with the purpose-built office and retail sectors in Johor Baru. Tan said there is currently 5.84 million sq ft of purpose-built office space in Johor Baru and in 2019, some 928,000 sq ft or 16% additional space will be added to the market. Tan also expected the vacancy rate for purpose-built office space to rise from the current 26% to 35% in 2019.

This article was first published in http://www.EdgeProp.my. Check out the website for the latest property news and listings.

Good luck Ginfreaky! :biggrin:
Looks like you going to be stuck in JB for a long long time :biggrin:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

The vacancy rate of Johor Baru’s high-rise residences is expected to hit above 50% for the first time in 2019, said CBRE|WTW Johor Baru director Tan Ka Leong.

During his presentation of the Johor Baru real estate market outlook at the launch of the CBRE|WTW Asia Pacific Real Estate Market Outlook 2019 Malaysia report yesterday, Tan pointed out that the 2019 market outlook for high-end, high-rise residential in Johor Baru will remain challenging. “Generally, all the property segments in Johor Baru were horizontal in 2018.

Landed residential property transaction volume was down 20% while high-rise residential property transactions dropped 50% last year. There were also fewer high-end residential transactions in 2018,” Tan noted. He added that some 10,500 units of incoming supply will be added to the high-rise residential market in 2019.

“That translates into about 10% of the existing 102,851 units. I foresee prices and rents moving downwards in 2019 and for the first time, the vacancy rate will break through the current 50% resistance level in 2019,” Tan shared. The situation is just as bad with the purpose-built office and retail sectors in Johor Baru. Tan said there is currently 5.84 million sq ft of purpose-built office space in Johor Baru and in 2019, some 928,000 sq ft or 16% additional space will be added to the market. Tan also expected the vacancy rate for purpose-built office space to rise from the current 26% to 35% in 2019.

This article was first published in http://www.EdgeProp.my. Check out the website for the latest property news and listings.

KNN maybe there will be more donations from other virgins coming to malaysian dogs pockets KNN

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually if like semi retired or financially free...can rent apartment n stay JB for a few months. Take break n relac one corner..

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our most honourable Virgin says she will rather burn it down than selling it at a loss .. lol :biggrin:
Ok lah jokes aside...why don't post advantage of living in mudland when financially free. N with all these bad news about mudland etc..can really consider making mudland a 2nd home or retirement home. As I said invest in the lifestyle.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Ok lah jokes aside...why don't post advantage of living in mudland when financially free. N with all these bad news about mudland etc..can really consider making mudland a 2nd home or retirement home. As I said invest in the lifestyle.
I have no issues with those who wish to do that. Buy and don't complain and live your life in Johore happily.

The problem is with some of these clowns like Ginfreaky. Buy in JB wanting to make money dreaming that it's a good investment. And when the prices tank, KPKB like no tomorrow. Worse, verbally abusing everyone with her foulmouth who doesn't agree with her. She isn't doing her own life and mental health a favour. At this rate, her greed will overwhelm and devour her sanity. Lol :biggrin:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no issues with those who wish to do that. Buy and don't complain and live your life happily.

The problem is with some of these clowns like Ginfreaky. Buy in JB wanting to make money dreaming that it's a good investment. And when the prices tank, KPKB like no tomorrow. Worse, verbally abusing everyone with her foulmouth who doesn't agree with her. She isn't doing her own life and mental health a favour. At this rate, her greed will overwhelm and devour her sanity. Lol :biggrin:
The weakness of a singkie with regards to property investments is that:
(a) They think all property markets in the world works on the same principle as Singkieland. Property values always goes up, 'land, they dont make it no more, etc
(b) They compare foreign property values in terms of singkieland values. In mudland, the bungalow is 1 million Ringgit,,,,that is only 350k sing,,,so value bcos in singkieland 350k sing cannot even buy HDB,,,,as the saying goes,,,in rome u do what romans do,,,,same as the value and price must reflect local conditions,,,,compare with singkieland for what? Look at it from another perspective, can a m&d afford a 1 million ringgit house ? and can a singkie afford a 1 million SGD property in singkieland? Must see value and price in LOCAL terms.
(c) Foreign exchange,,,double edge sword,,,if singkies bought property in yankeeland when USD was low,,,they would have earned,,,bcos property values in good areas have gone up,,USD have gone up....,dont believe as Ah Sai,,,but in mudland, ringgit has dropped and property values have dropped,,,so double whammy in losses
(d) Rental income: can earn or not? Singkieland rental property is in demand,,,mudland got anyone to rent it too?
(e) local laws, will such laws cripple foreign investors? can sell easily? and most important,,can transfer the money out easily?
(f) buy and invest in the lifestyle,,,I stay nice bungalow in JB,,,air cleaner, makan cheaper, chickens and ktv and entertainments soo much cheaper,,and I work from home and earn in SGD and USD,,,,stay JB better than in singkieland,,,if the lifestyle better,,,there is gain in other ways and singkies dont see it
(g) Most important, buy the property for what???? what does one, wants to achieve?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no issues with those who wish to do that. Buy and don't complain and live your life in Johore happily.

You are right,,,auntie Gins KPKB and whinging is really getting irritating and does herself no favours. But I will say the Auntie has brought up good points about mudland,,,and with this confrontation issue, it is very important a true blue singkie knows what mudland and mudlanders are like and not those rose tinted glasses shit like we all neighbours etc,,,,singkies need to understand the enemy and Auntie Gin could have been more productive by raising and writing about the mudland character, their thinking etc,,,and not just some one stab her in the back and shafted her in the ass etc etc,,,Auntie Gin has made it personal,,,and a person who makes things personal will always sacrifice the tree for the forrest,,,

One other point is there is alot of mudland collaborators in this forum and they will discredit singkies etc,,,Auntie Gin if she is a true blue singkie would be a good weapon against such traitors,,,but her rants etc just does herself no favours