• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Journal, My Life

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jan 8 2016

A boring Friday night

Today is Friday night and I am bored. He is away on business trip and Sue is with her date. My parents have gone out for dinner with their siblings (which I do not wish to join in as they are the "Kaypoh" type and will definitely ask me "when get married", "still no boyfriend ah" type of questions.

Anyway, I am all alone at his apartment, rummaging their his stuff to see if I can find any "incriminating" evidence.

So far so good except for a picture of his ex which I thought is funny (rather than angry) :smile:

She has a "Gummy" mouth with a "Gummy" smile ∼ she showed a lot of her prominent gum when she smile. I think her teeth, upper jaw and gum are not in proportional. I find it strange how he find such a Gummy smile woman attractive??? Hope she gets some corrective surgery done.

Anyway, I made myself a my Kale Vinaigrette salad for dinner and I am still bored. I was watching Toggle old episodes of The Brain China S2 (最强大脑) Episode 10 China vs Japan. Awesome stuff!

I am so impressed by this little Japanese girl. She is simply superb.

Short video of the little Japanese whiz kid girl : Rinne Tsujikubo

[video=youtube;vzWHyJwqG-E]

Full video of China vs Japan Episode. The little whiz kid Japanese girl at 1.05 onwards :

[video=youtube;AThqmggfE74]

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jan 10 2016

[Advice Required] 28 February 1966

I am normally not a superstitious person. However, it has been bothering me, causing me to toss and turn on my bed now, and hence writing this thread on my bed, unwittingly.

I was at a old classmate gathering whole of Saturday. Amongst others who were at the gathering, there was this chap whom I knew in our JC tennis team. We chatted.

In the midst of our chat, he brought up the topic of Fengshui and all those Chinese astrological stuff. For the sake of conversation in the gathering, I gave him my birth dates or whatever he asked for ∼ Sheng Cheng Ba Zi ∼ and he then quite accurately predicted my life to date, personality traits and so on. God knows whether he is lucky or just skillful in his Fengshui trade.

Purely out of fun, I decided to give my man's Sheng Chen Ba Zi to him, not knowing how silly I was, with hindsight. He then started to work out some supposed "calculations".

To cut his supposed "calculations" and all that crap. I will just sum up what he said about my man who is borned on this date ∼ 28 February 1966. He said:

1. X has so far lead a very good career life, growing steadily in fortune and prosperity.

2. BUT, when he turns 50 (ie. this lunar calendar year in 2016), his career will start a downfall and with this southwards decline, his health will suffer. There will be more hospital visits for treatment and chances of road traffic accident is high.

3. Also, if he is not married, he should never get married as this is a bad year for him. And if he is married, he has to be careful with Tao Hua Yun as it will cause him to lose his permanent partner through divorce or serious sickness like cancer. There will be harm as well to his family members.

4. Lastly, he shouldn't travel too much in the Year of Monkey as there will be misfortune during his travels, for example, from meeting "unclean" spirits or accidents ~ big and small ∼ on the move.

Now I am really getting worried after hearing all these, and it is giving me insomnia now.

Is there anyone here who is sort of well versed in Chinese astrology or whatever Fengshui to "corroborate" what is said to me.

I really hope that ex school mate is pulling a fast one on my brains. My first thought is someone who is here in this forum might know something about Fengshui and can share his or her analysis based on 28 February 1966.

Thankyou in advance and will check this thread tomorrow.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jan 12 2016

Batik

I simply do not understand my father! His obstinacy is so overwhelming as he ages. Change is regarded as "waste of money" and he seems to have developed a "disease" affecting men ∼ Creatures of Habit!

I bought him many trendy and nice polo shirts from Bangkok ∼ and yet to date, he refuses to wear them and continue wearing his UGLY batik shirts and those UGLY short sleeves funny pattern collared shirts.

He says Batik and his other shirts are more "cooling" and he "arrogantly" declares that he looks better in those CRAP than the Dri-fit Nike golf polo shirts and others which I bought for him.

I have nothing against batik shirts, BUT, to me, those men who wear BATIK shirts all the time reminds me "Lau Ah Pek" type who would frequent "undesirable" places.

That's not all ∼ I bought him a pair of nice and light GEOX for his morning walks. He said I am wasting money. He insisted his taiwanese made, god knows what crap ∼ Paichi brand shoes bought from the neighborhood stores are better and cheaper, and costs a fraction of the GEOX I bought for him.

He says I am wasting money!!!

Hell! He is getting on my nerves with his obstinacy and idiosyncrasies :(

How do I get him to change and not become a Creature of Habit?

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jan 15 2016

Smoking

I am not against smoking, neither am I for it. To be honest, I do social smoking, a stick or two when I go for drinks with my girl friends. I have tried shisha in Dubai, it was quite pleasant. Cigar was tough for me, as I found it "thick", though it blended really well with a nice and smooth Japanese whiskey.

The last few days had been really stressful with 2016 workplan finalisation, the cut and thrust of debating whose projects get the right budgetary support. I had to put up with "Gummy Smile" characters who can "stab" your back without you even realising in the meetings.

During those meeting breaks the whole of this week, I had been "stealing" a smoke or two∼ all thanks to some of my smoking male colleagues. So I thought I better buy a pack to "repay" them as it is not nice to "abuse" others for their kindness.

Gosh, I didn't know cigarettes are so expensive. A packet 20s Marlboro cost $13.50! I am sure the cost of such "leaves" is probably 10 cents or less ∼ and the rest are government tax and profit margin for the manufacturers and retailers.

I see my male colleagues smoke a pack or two a day. Thats easily $27. A month would cost more than $800!

I better stop "flirting" with this stuff. It's really not worth to be addicted to such "vice". Better re-ignite my morning runs tomorrow.

And for those of you who smokes, better quit and save some money. You can buy your loved ones a nice branded handbag every 6 months with all that money.

Have a great weekend :smile:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jan 15 2016

Quintessential Frog

I mean quintessential Singapore Frog Congee :smile:

We always frequent the G8 outlet at Upper Bukit Timah. I find that the standards are dropping. The congee seems uncooked and clumpy while the frog meat is getting lesser and lesser.

I have read in the net that there is one in Geylang. However, I really do not like to go to that dubious location for my supper with my girl friends for the simple fear of being mistaken as a "worker".

Does anyone here have any recommendations? Where else besides from Geylang I can get the quintessentially Singapore Frog Congee for supper tonite.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jan 16 2016

My Eulogy

On this day, Saturday, 16 January 2016, I decide that I will write my own Eulogy.

When others read their eulogies at the parlour, I find them distastefully false of the person lying in the wake. Exaggeration are overstatements filled the funeral hall. Tears roll, albeit erroneously as the eulogists are often “cannon-fairying” about the deceased.

I do not want any eulogies written and read by others. I want to write and be my own, for nothing is better than the words spoken by the body, right there lying in the casket.

Yes, it’s me speaking.

Everyone has to die. None has eternal life. For every death, some cry, others rejoice.

On this day, I write my Eulogy. My own words, my own thoughts and it’s all about how I wish I had led my life.

Have I led a meaningful life? I am not sure, but I hope I did.

Is there life after death? No one knows. The zealots speak about salvation and reincarnation, but none can prove its existence. And when I die and if I happen to read this, I will probably know there is. Alas, by then, I speak zilch and not an iota will know that life still exists after my passing.

Before death, one usually talks about leaving a legacy, in affluence or otherwise to continue forever. But, perpetuity is a mythos. Nothing is perpetual, as all life and its legacy are expendables and have a limited frame of time. Legacy will be eroded and forgotten as time passes and environment changes.

For I once live in this planet, I am happy to be one, who has led the life I want. Life is like a lighted candle ∼ it glows as it lights, shone brightly as it flights through the passing of time and finally extinguishes by itself when it ends.

My candle has now being extinguished as it is destined to be, so there is nothing I can do. All of us will have to lie down ~ be it sooner or later.

When this Eulogy is read, just as I am about to step into the fiery chamber of fire, which ends the existence of my flesh, I have regrets ∼ regret about mistakes made, love lost and kinship distancing. But such is life. Regrets will never bring back the time.

Friends and Kin, I will be on my way first, and I thank you for being the pillars of my life.

With Love,
Claire

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jan 17 2016

My Agony

It has been more than 30 days since I last "pang". My "pangs" are usually regular, within the 28 days cycle. I am agonisingly worried. Am I overdue because of? Err...I really hope not. I am certainly not ready to be a mummy.

I spoke to him yeaterday (Day 30) and he said it could be due to work-related stress. I thought so too given the hectic annual workplan meetings I had been through earlier this week. Perhaps it is the occasional smoking during meeting breaks that is causing some hormonal imbalance in my petite body.

I am tempted to run to Guardian to get a test kit today∼ I didn't as I felt a little shy.

I asked him via Whatsapp a while ago. What if...? He said, no worries, let's get married and I should make sure I can fit in my wedding gown in my first trimester.

Swine... I really don't give two hoots about the damn wedding gown. I am more worried about a life that I am going to bring into this world ∼ and whether I am ready for him or her. If I am not, I will probably abort.

Men are always men. I really do not need him to be responsible. Why does he need to act so macho but totally missing the crux by a thousand miles. I have the financial means to bring up my own child if I want to, though the agonising question of whether am I ready is creating speech bubbles in my dumbfounded thoughts.

I do feel a little nauseous in the mornings the last few days. But that could be because I have been skipping solid breakfast food and drinking matiscated veggie juice.

Tomorrow is Day 31. Let's wait and see.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jan 19 2016

Disgusting

I realise that handrails are the most unhygienic piece of thing that one can put your hands on!

I witnessed the most disgusting act by a man today. He blew his nose with his bare hands and then started to wipe the mucus on his fingers onto the stainless steel handrails. OMG! What is wrong with him?!? Doesn’t he have any upbringing at all? Does he know he is spreading his damn flu virus! Yucks!

Next, I was on the MRT to Holland V for lunch with my kakis. While riding the up-escalator, I saw another man digging his nose and then sticking his nose wax on those escalator railings! Why do people behave like that? To compress his wax using the escalator rails??? What the heck!

That’s it! I am not going to touch any railings whether it is those stainless steel ones at the staircases or those black escalator railings. They are simply too many filthy and disgusting people on this island!

That’s not all. It seems that all shitty things comes in 3X.

Just now, while having tea at a nearby kopi shop with my colleague, I saw yet another mucky idiot. He coughed, then spitted on the floor. Next, he used his slippers to swipe the spit on the ground. What the hell! Whatever for? To hide his germs in his spit??? Bloody disgusting!!!

Enough is enough! After 50 years of economic development, the behaviour of people on this island is no better than any 3rd world country. So what if we have the highest GDP per capita. It’s a load of shitty behaviour from people staying on this island.

I do not know if the 3 of them I witnessed today are Singaporeans or Foreigners. But surely I know that there are lots of inconsiderate idiots on this island, with bad manners, bad hygiene and absolutely a melting pot for diseases like SARS and MERs to spread.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Feb 23 2016

Mandarin Oranges

Well, CNY is over. I opened the refrigerator this morning to get my celery and green apples for masticating ∼ Lo and Behold!!! ∼ there are more than a dozen of these Mandarin oranges in there!

I am not a fan of Mandarin oranges (though I do eat regular oranges originating from US and ANZ). I believe I had not eaten a Mandarin orange for years. I remember when I was a young kid, my mum would refuse to allow me to consume them as I always develop a bad cough during CNY period. I guess that's probably the reason why I have never develop a "liking" for such China fruit!

I was chatting with a colleague about this a while ago and he said in the ancestral days in China, only the Emperor and nobility can afford to consume Mandarin oranges! Haha, I think he is deranged. :smile:

Now, I am wondering what to do with these ugly looking China oranges.

Anyone has any idea whether I can masticate them like regular oranges? Will it taste awful?

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Feb 24 2016

29 February 2016 ∼ Should I?

My biological clock is ticking. I am getting older by the day. I have been pondering zealously about the next direction in my life ∼ to remain single, as in, be in a relationship without "formalities", or just get it over, ie. R.O.M and be over and done with.

This year is 2016, a leap year. Tradition has it that on 29 February of every leap year, a woman "is allowed" to propose to his man without fear or favour. My Irish colleague even told me that she did it 8 years ago and never regretted every single minute of marriage life.

Well, it's afterall an Irish tradition and nothing Chinese about it. It's never easy for a petite Chinese girl like me to be so bold and audaciously "un-chinese".

The whole idea of me proposing to him seems arduous and incredulous. I am unconvinced (at least for now while writing this post) why I should make the first move instead of him.

If I do propose on 29 February, and he doesn't accept, I become the world's biggest nincompoop. Worse, a buffon for sure in future.

And if he does accept, I fear that I will be at the lowest end of "bargaining power" in the future marriage life ∼ ie., his damn ego will be so big and humongous ∼ thinking that he is so damn great and deluding himself that he is an "Alpha male" ∼ which incidentally, I believe is pure crap philosophy and trashy concept borne out of male losers in society.

I broached this idea of proposing on 29 February to my best friend, Sue, last evening, at Brotzeit over wine and sausages. She said I am out of my mind and "cheapening myself", if ever I do so and blah, blah and blah... and the most funny of all, she said women are like good wine, meant to be savoured while men are just sausages, meant to be eaten while they are hot and juicy! Haha! :smile:

Well, jokes aside ∼ assuming I change my mind nearer the day ∼ decides to brave and courageous, a couple of questions kept encircling my ever productive brainy thought bubbles...

1. What do I get as a proposal momento? Really an engagement ring? What about for myself???

2. Do I have to kneel down like what men do when proposing? Feels odd and smacks of chauvinism. Yucks!

3. What about flowers? For him? It will certainly looks weird on that egoistic Beast!

Suggestions?

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mar 2 2016

Why?

I managed to get on the train at Serangoon NEX this morning l and got a seat! A first time for me and my Tory Burch heels this morning. :smile: Well, I gather I was "happy" prematurely :(

Beside me was this woman, probably in her late 20s. Oh dear, I just couldn't fathom what the heck she was up to in a crowded and packed train.

After I sat, whipped out my mobile, I was reading my daily dose of news from AP, CNN, BBC and Reuters apps. I could sense that she was full of "motion". I couldn't help but look at what she was up to.

With the corner of my eyes, I could see that she was putting on her makeup (probably) all the way from god knows where. I started my journey from Serangoon, she was seated there before me∼ so she must have started her facial "artwork" way before Serangoon.

Gosh! And I am not referring to a little touch up here and there which I do sometimes in the office restroom. She was rummaging through her whole crummy Prada bag ∼ from foundation, concealer, eye shadow, lip liner, powder, eyeliner, mascara, etc etc. She even dished out her eyelash curler and start clippling her eyelashes in front of a packed MRT train! Oh God! What an effrontery!

When the train hit Outram Park, I could feel that a thousand eyes were looking at our direction and another thousand eyes were trying not to look. Oh mine! I really regretted sitting next to her. I told myself that in future, I should just have a quick glance at people beside an empty seat before rushing to sit.

Anyway, she was just plain ludicrous∼ she was oblivious to all the eyes looking at her doing her makeup?!? Or she doesn't give two hoots about the staring eyes? Zero self awareness?

That's not all. She even dished out a L'Occitane moisturizer and started applying with much strength and vigour on her arms and then bending up and down rubbing her slightly hairy neanderthal thighs and calves!

Well, I ain't a bitch. But she isn't pretty nor attractive at all. Worse, doing all those tacky and hideous makeup in a crowded and packed morning peak hour MRT train isn't "soigne" at all. What the heck! Weirdo freak!

Why can't she wait to reach office and makeup in the restroom?

Why can't she do her makeup before leaving home?

Is there a need to carry an arsenal of makeup tools, powder, cream, etc everyday?

Really a tacky woman!

Enough said. My frustrations released after writing this piece.

Time to focus on my work!

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mar 8 2016

Friends & Boys

I was engaged in a hearty and spirited debate with my best friend, Sue, yesterday, over dinner and drinks at Chijmes. She said she is leading a fabulous social life, having many friends, online and offline.

I reiterated fervidly that it is not quantity that matters ~ but quality friendships.

She somewhat disagreed. She insisted that having more friends equate, or generally correlate to a better quantitative and qualitative social life. She said ~ and I remember this vividly even now as I pen this post ~ “…with connections thru my friends, I gain much more …”.

Well, we agree to disagree for the sake of our best friendship for years since school days where we would giggle and ogle at cute rugby and swimming boys from ACS and RI.

Well, to side-track a little, you can call me an elitist. I believe that most of the neighbourhood school boys just couldn't make the cut, in terms of intelligence, wealth, gentlemanly conduct, or simply the way they dress and or speak.

To me (even back then), a secondary school boy who cannot articulate well is probably one that is (most likely) unable to convince others about his point of view, much less able to make it to the above average echelon of wage earners in this globalised world. The "lahs", "this one", "that one", "meh", “leh”, "I think", “this hor”, “that hor”, “Jirow”, etc … “murdered” any little interest I had in them, even when I was a 16 years old girl.

Look no further than this forum. I see a lot of these characters who behave like ruffians and duds from both "warring" factions in this forum the last few days. I have been in and out of here, refrain from making any post, as it will be meaningless for anyone to seriously digest anything, if at all, with all these louts parading their inane and obtuse remarks one after another. And yes, I do mind my online pen name being dragged through the m&d, which is why I stayed away, occasionally popping in to see if this incongruous insanity has ceased. Today, it seems “quieter” and hopefully will stay as such.

I wonder if we can "exorcise" these dysfunctional and degenerative men (probably and most likely neighbourhood school boys) in this forum. I doubt, as it would involve "cremating" these crass freaks and wasting precious resources we have on this planet. Even the pyre used for incinerating bodies is more precious than what is left in the grey matter between their ears.

I guess when a person has low intellect, downtrodden and writing like an octopedal mutant, responding to every senseless challenge ∼ they are usually devoid of a brain of their own, probably having nothing to lose, not even the little reputation (if any) that they may have. So be it. Do continue your drivel and continue swimming down in the bottomless black hole of muddy turd where you probably feel most comfortable at home.

My apologies for being brutally honest, but I absolutely believe that learning and development when young is critical and directly proportionate to one's future success. Of course there would be exceptions, but they are few and far between. You can't expect us, women, to gamble away our lifelong stability and comfort, hoping that a neighbourhood school boy falls into these few and rare exception cases.

Look at the men here, yes, right here in this forum ∼ behaving like some of these single cell diseased amoeba mutants, bent on revenge, spamming and passing egotistically redundant comments, parading their “paid conquests” over women as some prized trophy . I really pity the women that have been hitched with them all these years.

Well, relying on luck to be with the correct man is never my forte and I would always advise young girls whom I meet not to do so as well. I often tell them that it is important to start on a good grounding, for instance, why start with a man with a Toyota when there are BMW, Audi, Merc and Bentleys around. The lower the category strata you start with a man, the "upgrade" becomes more challenging in future. Most never make it. Such is life. Call me an elite, bitch or a snob. It really doesn't matter. It is your prerogative.

Well, back to the crux of my post. More or less friends? Which is better?

Unlike Sue, I believe in having less friends who are close, dependable and most important ~ trusted confidants of my inner self ∼ my likes, dislikes, fears, etc.

With my closest knit of few friends, we are ourselves. We speak the same "language". We have our own jargons that no one understand but us. For instance, even our monthly visitation of cramps is denoted as "I can't do spa this week, I am "panging".

I guess one of the most important and pertinent reason why I have few close friends is trust. For instance, with Sue, I can be who I am.

I can curse, swear and even degrade a man whom I met to a diabolical obtuse toad or a woman colleague to a dry-skinned scleroderma infected albino lizard. And I am sure this devious gossip stays within us, and no one else. We can also chat about how we “placate” the men we are with, exchanging views without the risk of being labelled as some “economy’ girls.

Last but not least, we can agree to disagree without rocking the foundation of our years of friendship, even on this very issue of whether more or few friends is better.

I am sure you have your views. Hopefully, I can learn from some of your experiences. I believe that there are handful of guys here who are sensible and level headed, having the intellect with decent articulation to challenge my views. If so, please do.

PS : Forgive me for the “flippant” subject header. I had meant to write about “Friends”, solely based on my discussion with Sue last night, but couldn’t help myself when I see so much drivel the last few days.

I just couldn’t help myself from deviating while writing this piece. When I finished, I thought “Friends and Boys” is probably more “apt” than otherwise.

Apologies and have an awesome week ahead. :smile:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mar 9 2016

Tribute to Nom de Plume

I believe it is perhaps apt that I voice myself, as a new contributor, given the gangrenous rot that I have witnessed here ∼ when I have to skilfully skim over threads and posts the last week or so.

I hope this outrageously slaphappy outburst by some, is like the solar eclipse over Singapore today, which came and went away, and hopefully, we wouldn't see it for long time more.

Being in this "infamous" forum celebrated for its offensive "notoriety" for a couple of months now, writing my pieces, ventilating myself away from a corporate world of money, fame and deceit ∼ it has been refreshing at times, obscuring my very real existence, finding comfort in anonymity, exercising my right to free expression, and hopefully I have not let down the Non de Plume.

I am thankful that my humble vocalisation has been somewhat appreciated by few, and the vibration of my written vocal cords has found resonance in others viewing from the side.

Suffice to say, there are precious gems here. They probably “induced” me back here each time when I hesitated to write and post. There are also many repulsive creatures suffering from constant bouts of interstitial cystitis ∼ which I reckon even after ingesting 冰山雪莲, their imbecility will still be atrociously cancerous to any genuine new blood lurking as viewers who are hoping to metamorphose their mental articulation into one of written words here.

'Nuff said about these mutated sewerage rodents, which is not the crux in my piece today, as my subject title today is "Tribute to Nom de Plume".

I want to pay my special thanks and heartfelt appreciation to whoever that is keeping this valuable and priceless forum alive. It’s probably a team ~ from owner, administrator, moderators and members ~ who have contributed positively to make this Forum enjoyable as a place where we can gather and share our views. I will address all of them as Nom de Plume, working tirelessly, whether for his/her or their own personal entertainment or simply championing their ideal of freedom of expression.

I liken this Nom de Plume to The Omega Man, a 1971 movie, which incidentally is one of my favourite old movies (produced when I wasn't even a cell from any collision of my father's sperm or my mother's egg).

In the movie, The Omega Man was a scientist army colonel, having to inject himself with experimental vaccine, making him immune to all these toxic "biological" dust, floating in the atmosphere. In parallel, the Nom De Plume in this Forum probably have to do the same, sensing that the gradual transformation of sane members into the mutant "toads" and "albinos", joining the evil Family (as in the 1971 movie), not out of their own volition ∼but being infected by the daily biological dust floating seamlessly everywhere and everyday in various threads and posts. In fact, I see more and more “fruitcakes” as I skimmed through the threads whenever I am free.

The Nom de Plume has been vilified over and over again, judging from what I see from time to time.

Those members who championed freedom of expression abuse their privileges, battering the Nom de Plume, directly and indirectly, sometimes with hideous sarcasm, along with those who cry of being stalked and/or bullied. Others defame and mudsling, purely out of their own egoistic belief that they are of better value and worth to this forum.

At times, in my nastiness streak, I would imagine how pleasant it would be ∼ if these morbidly looking "turd-ish" sewerage zombies, be sucked up by a huge centrifugal pump followed by crushing and grinding them to dust in a huge meat grinder machine…Yahoo! I would joyously exclaim in my vivid imagination.

I sing praises to the Nom de Plume with all my heart, without holding back even the slightest of my sincerity. He, she or they has/have been an unofficial Singapore legacy, contented to walking the line between salvation and damnation, a task, which is precarious, in the climate of "fear" and self-censorship, for which Singapore official media is globally known for.

A phrase which I commonly encountered while sifting through the quagmire of junk∼ "the Sammyboy's spirit shall prevail" ∼ epitomises this fantastic gift of free expression, that this forum has given all of us (though I wish it could be more gender neutral in its wording, but I guess I can grudgingly accept :smile:)

The very fact that ∼ a nobody like me ∼ being a new contributor here, yet I am still enjoying this antediluvian style forum's architecture is testament of all the Nom de Plume's good and probably very hard work all these years.

To the Nom de Plume ∼ You all have shown amazing faith to many here, who have too often let you guys down. I hope you all will never give up.

Thank you, Nom de Plume :smile:

PS : I am grateful to Onit, for pointing out my spelling error. Thank you. :smile:

Last edited:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mar 10 2016

Home Hunting

Yesterday evening, after work, we went for a quick dinner bite at Ikea Alexandra, thereafter, met his property agent, proceeded to Tanglin Park for a home viewing.

The unit we saw was a 2 bedroom, slightly above a thousand sq feet. We were told that the last few transacted price was around $1900/sq feet and the owner was looking at an offer in the range of around $2m.

This condo apartment is situated in a quiet neighbourhood. The main entrance is way inside Ridley Park Road. Before reaching the condo's entrance, we passed a huge repugnant looking bungalow with a couple of high end cars. Well, suum cuique, that’s all I can say.

Cut the long story short, we are home hunting and doing some planning for our future. He said he will finance the new place without having me to worry. He added the $2m asking price is well within his budget, after selling his current place, even without taking any financing. I said I'll leave the calculations to him, given that he is financially savvier than me, with such dollar and cents issues.

After the viewing, we were chatting in his car on the way to my place. I asked why the need to move out of his current place and buy a new one. He said he was concerned about my constant "grumbling" and "dislike" about his current place and did not want his past relationships with his “ex-flames” to adversely "haunt" our relationship.

I insisted that I really didn't mind, and certainly not a 小气鬼. He reiterated that we should have a “fresh start”. Ok, I'll let him "win" (I thought at that spur of the moment), given that it's still a win-win scenario for me. At least, I can start throwing away those appalling gadgets, kitchen utensils, useless bright red lounge pillows, cheapo cutlery, uncomfortable furniture, etc etc that were bought by his “ex-flames”. I must say they really had dreadful Ah Lian's taste, especially those incandescent crass looking items that have been amassing at his current place.

Reached home, goodbye kiss to him, took a shower, and I was chatting with Sue on Whatsapp on my comfy bed. I told her the above and the question Sue instantaneously asked was: “Are you going to be a joint owner on the strata title deed?”

“Err… I really don't know. I had presumed so, that's why we are home hunting together as a couple, isn't it?” I replied Sue extemporaneously.

This question did bug me the whole of last night and even on the train this morning, and more than a few questions kept appearing in my thought bubbles.

Well, I didn't recall him saying that the new place will be in our joint names, but his "conduct" did give the impression that it will be our joint matrimonial home. Why the heck he talked about me getting upset over those “ex-flames” horrendous junk in his place? Am I too presumptuous? Did I "jump the gun", agreeing to view an apartment with him too soon? Why the heck he asked me to view if he is going to buy in his sole name?!?

I am now caught in sort of a dilemma. If I ask him later about joint ownership, it does make me look like some covetous China woman after his assets and keeping close tab on him. If I don't, I would probably be flexed out, if things doesn't work out between us in future. What a bloody mess! It's affecting my mood a little and those period "pangs" in my tummy aren’t helping either. I guess I only have to wait and see what's next in this home hunting episode.

Men. Any idea what is cooking in his grey matter? I am hoping to tap into some of your clairvoyance to understand what this swine is up to. And, btw, is Tanglin Park a good place to stay? How is the area really like?

Thanks.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mar 11 2016

Talking Loudly

I guess all of us, at one point or another, will lose some self-awareness, and our voices are probably louder than necessary in the environment where we are in.

When I am in a good mood, I reckon, I have a tendency to to talk louder than usual, but I quickly become aware of the environment, calm my voice down, and back to my original introspective self in a matter of seconds.

Last evening, I was at Guardian Pharmacy, getting some prescription drugs for my parents. There were two Ah Lians in their late 30s going by the “glorious” varicose veins ~ most likely Singaporeans judging by their rudimentary spoken English, coupled with Singlish accent ~ nattering loudly arguing whether SK2, Kose, or Laneige is a better product for face care. It went on for a while as if Donald Trump has spent a night with Hilary Clinton and announced to his injudicious supporters that she has dry, wrinkled and craggy skin 

The other day at the MRT underground walkway at NEX, an “aunty looking” woman was screaming at the top of her voice, with much rancour and toxic salivating venom droplets towards her son (probably around 8 to 10 years old), vilifying him for a "crime" he had committed. It turned out that her son had forgotten to bring out his Transit Link concession pass.

Many times in the train, I see folks of all ages, colour, gender and nationality screaming into their mobile phone oblivious to the excruciating reverberations that their dreadful voice is causing to my ears and the auricles of other sane commuters.

These “Loud Speakers” seem to have a natural immunity to stares and gawks as well. Sometimes, I hope that a drunk malaria-phobic schizophrenic after consuming excessive Gin & Tonic, throws his/her shoes at them and start a hullabaloo on board the train. I will coolly whip out my handheld, film the whole bout and circulate proudly on their behalf on social media.

Then, there will be some passengers, usually those dark skinned PMETs, who will treat the MRT like a mobile phone walkabout zone. They would scream deafeningly towards their handheld and pacing round the exit areas of the train like some sort of circus animals. I am sure they must have felt an excruciating urge to feel important, needing the affirmation from strangers ~ that they are a bigwig discussing some multibillion deal on the handheld in an MRT train.

I have been observing these public “Loud Speakers” for some time now and thought I share this on a sunny and superhot TGIF Friday, inking this piece before I start my real work.

Well, I guess these “Croaking Amplifiers” have poor upbringing. Their grandparents probably shouted at their parents and the parents shouted at them, and they continue this heinous shouting at their children. It then goes on down their DNA cycle, synthesising and photosynthesising their genetic character and temperament for future generations ~ with a higher propensity to talk loudly in public.

‘Nuff bitching for now, I need to get back to work. Have an awesome Friday, guys. TGIF :smile:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mar 12 2016

Am I Bitchy?

This morning, I slithered out of the bed while the swine is still snoring like an A380 engine. I changed, went for my revitalising early morning run, a run, which I probably need, to “cleanse” my fat consumption this week. When I returned, the swine's "engine" was still roaring over the Pacific Ocean, cruising at 38000 feet in the bright and sunny blue skies.

I had previously suggested to him that he should see a sleep disorder specialist at Mount E. I think he has sleep apnoea problem. To date, he hasn't. My solution ∼ I have forbidden him from sleeping before I doze off. Am I bitchy? I did share this with Sue previously. She said no. I agree :smile:.

When I returned from my pulsating run, I heard a vibration from his mobile. Instinctively, I decided to take a look and saw a notification message ∼ "wanna meet up for lunch next week?" ∼ it was from someone with a girl's name (for privacy reasons, I shall refer to her as “Cocotte”).

I guess Cocotte must be one of his ex-flame. Guess what I did? I unlocked his phone (as I knew his password) and typed a reply to Cocotte ∼ "sorry, i m not free, will arrange with you another time". I then deleted both messages from his phone.

While making breakfast, I mused over my actions of concocting a deceitful reply to Cocotte. I felt awful, my conduct appalling, my action abysmal. I think I have allowed possessiveness to get the better of me. I was bitchy, I admit :( .

When he woke up, refreshed himself, and we were having the strawberry pancake breakfast which I made, I sheepishly told him what I did on his phone, earlier on. Astonishingly, he smiled and said it's ok, no big deal. The smile and manner of his reply was candid, felt genuine and not wry.

I asked if he was upset. He said nope without hesitation. He added that he would have replied the same too as he isn’t interested in Cocotte. I felt better instantaneously. He told me I am free to access his mobile anytime as he has nothing to hide from me. The unassuming reassurance, I felt from him, was like E.T touching Elliot’s forehead in the movie. I was indeed moved :smile: .

Well, while writing this piece, I am not sure whether I have been too suspicious about his ‘outside’ activities, or he is really a "changed" man, dedicated to me unequivocally. My heart believes the latter. My brain, otherwise.

My heart says I have been a bitch and I have been "nasty" to him unnecessarily. He loves me and I should not doubt him.

My brain says all men cannot be trusted. In fact, it says trust no one, not even myself. Every one of us cheats at some point in our life.
Thinking aloud while penning this piece, I asked myself ~ Have I "cheated" on him since the start of this challenging relationship?

Perhaps?

I am sure he flirts with women that “entice” him too, and so do I, vice versa.

While I have stopped dating other men, I do not deny that I enjoy a "flirt" once in a while with those handsome and tall Caucasian expats in office or with those guys that Sue hangs out with, who are probably more polished and refined than him, wealthier and exude more stature. Nonetheless, I have been thoroughly faithful to him.

Well, I can be bitchy, but I think I haven’t been that bitchy. That's my conclusion. Have a great weekend, guys! :smile:

PS :

And especially to my elder brother, Eat, who has painstakingly guided and made my short stay here much more pleasant, away from those hoodlums and shoddy characters who can't even string a proper sentence without resorting to improprieties.

Also to Charlie, my SNAG; Zhi; Wunder; Blackie; Big; John; Panda; Yahoo; Hard; Ash; R2D2; Long; Ult; C3PO; Choot; Froggy; Winnie; Ru; Kraft; Jah and others whom I haven't formed a deeper impression and online relationship :smile: .

You guys have been great for infotainment, entertainment and counsel in my 5 months here :smile: .

There you go, I ain't bitchy, right? :smile:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mar 13 2016

David & Wendy

The salacious affair of David and Wendy last night has generated a huge deliberation between us. As we watched the story unfolding on mainstream and social media, our discussion eventually centred around him and his ex-wife, whom he divorced some years back.

I have never asked him why he divorced his wife, all this while, who coincidentally, share the same first name as the female protagonist in the public saga now.

As the gossips on social media tapered later last night, I eventually plucked my courage to ask him why his marriage had failed. He was reluctant to share the specifics and said what was over “is history” and preferred not to trigger unpleasant memories.

He then embraced me tightly, cuddling me, attempting to smoulder my lips with his and started an intimacy attempt. At this juncture, I refused and shoved him aside. He must have gotten a rude shock as this was the first time that I had rejected his advances.

By the way, I often find him rather nifty and shrewd whenever he gets into a dead end in his arguments. Each time when he has done something wrong or made me extremely irate, he would always attempt intimacy and thereafter, my pleasure, exhilaration and gratification would eclipse any pre-intimacy anger that I had, succumbing to him, mind, body and soul. But last night, I was determined not to give in to his sensual disposition. I am not sure what gave me the courage, but I said to him "NO", unless and until he makes a full and frank disclosure. He relented.

According to him, his marriage with Wendy lasted for only a few years. Wendy was his childhood sweetheart whom he eventually married. He said she "changed" considerably after their marriage and the frequent tensions and squabbles became excruciatingly unbearable for him. As a result, he would often work late in office, to avoid Wendy and all the matrimonial spats.

A couple of months from those late nights in the office, he eventually fell for one of his younger and supposedly more empathetic female subordinate. For privacy reasons, I shall refer to her as "Saseko".

His intimate affair with Saseko went on for a couple of months until one day, Saseko demanded that he divorced Wendy. He said at that time, he finally realised that he had made an error of judgment.

He added that before he could even come clean to Wendy, Saseko had already SMS-ed Wendy, requested for "showdown" talks ~ all done without his knowledge. To his shock and horror, from Wendy’s affidavits filed in the divorce courts, Saseko had even met Wendy privately many times without his knowledge and revealed all ~ to the extent of even showing pictures of them “making out” during business trips. The next thing he knew, Wendy threw him out of their matrimonial home. He was so upset that he ended the relationship with Saseko as well. He said he couldn't continue with such a "fucking" slut.

After his divorce, he said he went to lead a life of dating and new relationships, cautiously not committing himself until he met me. He said he courted me enthusiastically as he believes I am the one he wants to spend the rest of his life with. He reckons that I have the maturity in thought, not found in many women he has met. He further believes I know what a man wants, plus, I am able to appreciate his "me-time" and not one who will "cage" him like a zookeeper.

He said to show his sincerity and love, he has in fact made a will (which he showed me) naming me as the sole beneficiary of his assets. He even showed me his latest CPF nomination form with my name as beneficiary as well.

I was really touched by his actions and words and I finally relented physically and emotionally to him (yes, yet again my heart triumphed over my brain).

This morning I woke up at 6am, as usual, I went for my morning run again ~ during which my brain became clearer than me heart. As I sprinted, a couple of startling questions bothered me. I could feel that my thoughts were in a whirlwind of activity, striding faster than my legs.

First, he cheated on Wendy. Second, he dumped Saseko. Third, he went on with a few other women, like Cocotte. Fourth, he can always make a fresh will and CPF nomination, disposing me altogether. Last but not least, I gave in to him yet again. Arghhh! :( I think I am getting paranoid from what I read on the public saga now.

I hope he is the right one for me. I am sure he is. I am not one who falls for sweet talk. I am Claire. I will make sure our relationship succeed.

Most importantly, I must ensure he will never, never, ever, become a David.

PS :
Wish me luck, cos as I pen this piece right now, I have momentarily run out of ideas :( .

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mar 14 2016

Sweet & Sour Pork

I wrote this piece last night (Sunday) while lying on my comfy bed, using my mobile note app. I was too tired to post. I told myself to put to "print" today. I am having some spare time now, in between meetings. It’s all about my favourite dish as per title, plus of course my usual bitching about life :smile:

... And here it is ...

I am back home after spending my usual weekends at his place. For dinner, I did a one dish meal ∼ Sweet & Sour Pork. He said he liked it. Well, here's my simple recipe, which has never failed me. Even with my previous beaus loved my signature dish (and yes, and that includes my second ex-beau, the Brit) :smile:

The recipe ~

Roughly half kg of pork shoulder, cut in cubes, seasoned with salt, pepper, custard powder and 1 beaten egg. (Marinade for at least 2 hours in the chiller).

After, dredge the cubed pork with plain flour, corn flour and rice flour. Set temperature of deep fryer to 180 degrees. Dump in the porky pork cubes. Deep fry till golden brown. Drain.

For sweet and sour sauce, add to the saucepan some ketchup, chili sauce, plum sauce, sugar, a little worcestershire sauce and a little "Japanese gun power" (for a spicy taste).

Bring sauce to boil. Turn off the fire. Dump in the drained deep fried crispy pork cubes. I often add “shaven” and “de-seeded” cucumber and some pineapple cubes, peppers too (solely for dish presentation, as I hate the taste of peppers, whether they are green, red or yellow).

Coat by folding everything with the hot sauce. Garnish. Eat with piping hot rice.

Well, he liked this home-made comfort swine food. So do I :smile:

While having our porky dinner, I decided to "launch" a probe about his ex-flames. I told him he has to make a full and frank disclosure, re: his multitude of “Houris” that he had been with, otherwise, he would not get any comfort swine food nor my consent in intimacy, in future.

My “blackmail” succeeded ~ though with hindsight ~ it actually boomeranged and backfired now :(∼ cos while writing this piece, and recalling what he had revealed just now, I reckon “knowledge” does hurt more than “ignorance”.

I hope he has changed. I hope he learns from his mistakes. I know it is precarious for me to be with him, given his “vibrant” past. I have said to myself I will change him to be a better man, and I am determined.

I am sure I am his "saviour", just like God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him (of course, provided if you are a fervent Christian and you believe in biblical folklore).

We only had time to talk about “Amkae” (not her real name), one of his ex-subordinates, a young lady, who joined his team and subsequently "went with him" after the "demise" of Wendy, Cocotte and Saseko.

He said that he first set his eyes on Amkae during the interview process. She had long flowing hair, captivating big and bright eyes that (according to him) ∼"can talk". He added that Amkae always carried a "Mona Lisa" expression (which I assume he meant mysterious?).

He said he chose her over many other candidates as he felt that he could "gel" with her. I was appalled on hearing that, as I always believe that merit is the first and most important criterion. I told him off. He rebutted that Amkae had the "merit" plus her "pleasant" personality and "proper" looks. Gosh! It sounded all so sleazy, I muttered to myself. No wonder there are so many "young Amkaes" in workplaces nowadays.

Cut the long story short, they grew closer together through frequent work interactions and business travels. He said they finally hitched during an overseas trip in her hotel room after some drinks at the bar discussing work (?), and following that, Amkae discarded her (then) boyfriend and went with him ∼ and the rest was history.

I tried to probe further, he refused to reveal more details. He “bolted” the topic, saying that she was a "hungry" girl. Well, it was getting late too and I needed to go home. I left it there, not wanting to irate him, by digging further on Amkae, the S%#T.

In my muddled thoughts now, while penning this piece, I am wondering what is "hungry" What damn hunger is he referring to?

Ambitious? Aspiring? Enterprising? Resourceful? Or some seedy bedroom terminology?

Swine! I am contemplating adding lots of vinegar into the Sweet and Sour Pork next time.

Alas, I am tired. It has been a very "long" weekend with the public saga of David and Wendy triggering my fears, angst and suspicions.

I guess I have to stop writing such "personal info" pieces to rid the misgivings and trepidations in me.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mar 16 2016

Eat & Sue

I penned this piece (below) on my mobile note app last night, lying on my snuggly bed, in a rather 'intoxicated' state :smile:

I just did a “sober” review, corrected some typos, and so on. I thought it is best, leaving this piece, in a more or less “original state”, when I was writing last night :smile:

... here it goes...

I was out with Sue tonight, our usual weekly girls' night out, where we can talk about matters close to our hearts and let go of our feelings and frustrations about work, life, men and so on.

We had a quick dinner at Liang Court, then, adjourning to Wine Connection, Robertson Walk and started on a bottle of pauillac (though in the end, I think we had 3 bottles… hahaha :smile: )

I am uncertain whether it was the "adverse" effect of the pauillac ∼I finally disclosed to Sue that I have been "active" in this forum and she gave me a "haunted" look like W.T.F. am I doing?!?

I told her that my pseudo name in this forum is 'Claire', and I have been rather active, writing anonymously, about my life, the things I had observed in my daily life, him and even mentioning her at times. She said I am deranged. I assured her that I do not use real names of myself or others when I write, nor do I disclose personal details or post pictures. I unequivocally told her not to worry. She was speechless for a while giving me a sardonic expression.

Composing herself and downing a big gulp of pauillac, she did a quick google search, had a quick browse through this infamous forum for the first time in her life. Her first response wasn't at all complimentary, and in some words ∼ crap; loutish; vulgar, crass; scums, perverts, juvenile, nut cases, uncouth and more unpleasant adjectives. I am not surprised as this was what I felt exactly when I surf this forum for the first time long ago.

I told her not to pass any quick judgment. I advised her to spend some time "sieving" the good threads/posts, ignoring the usual bad apples when she gets acquainted here as a “guest”. She said she will, when she has the time. In fact, she did comment that there's lot of stuff here about David and Wendy, for real, for fun or for purely for gossips.

In any event, my "alcohol infused" intention of telling her about my "involvement" in this forum is not to help the egoistical owner's traffic objectives. My "tipsy" purpose was to ask Sue, to help me “decrypt” someone whom I have an online crush, to which Sue retorted that I am crazy :smile:

I told her that I may have "fallen in love" with an online guy ∼ my elder brother, Eat ∼ and for the honest fun of it, I wanted her to assess the intelligence of the man behind the keyboard. She laughed and said I am “stupid”, though she did promise to look at all my threads and focus on the ones that I had suggested. Well, my elder brother Eat, if and when you read this, please do not be terrified or offended. Sue and I are just having some girly fun, absolutely no wicked or malicious intent, nor are we stalking you :smile:

Anyhow, more shocking about last night was Sue sharing with me a long kept secret of hers. She hadn't even told with me before in our decades of best friendship.

I was initially shocked when I heard her story, and did ask her if I could pen some bits and pieces here. She was reluctant, though she finally agreed, provided that no personal details are disclosed. Haha :smile: Thankyou Sue. :smile:

And so it goes…

Some years ago, Sue met a guy online after getting to know him on Facebook. He was from Hong Kong, a very senior executive from a reputable global company. He was married (then), at the time when Sue got to know him.

Their online relationship moved on from Facebook to emails, started from an innocuous sharing of hobbies and interests ~ gradually moving on to open jokes about liking each other ~ and then the more serious “if and buts” stuff ~ for example “if I am not married, I would have…”; “but we didn’t meet before you got married” etc etc. Old songs like “It’s sad to belong to someone else when the right one comes along” became more meaningful to him and he would send Sue the lyrics of this song together with those lovely emails.

Anyway, after a month or so of online communication, he finally came over to Singapore on a business trip and met Sue face to face. The rest is X-rated and I have to stop here. Otherwise, Sue would kill me literally speaking. :eek:

To cut the long story short, they had a wonderful "forbidden love" relationship. If not for the fact that he was married, Sue said that she would have been living Hong Kong leading a high society life by now. They had their intimate holidays a couple of times, in Osaka, Seoul, Sapporo, etc where they were confident that no one would spot them. She said it was true love but, alas, the good times had to come to an abrupt end when his wife intercepted her email and mobile messages.

I can swear with my life that Sue isn’t a Cocotte, Saseko or Amkae. She did find true love with him, except that the timing was absolutely wrong. I can sympathise with her. I told her she should have "forced" a divorce between him and the wife. Sue said that it was not right, as she was wrong in the first place ∼ she was the 3rd party ∼ and quoting the late Princess Diana words, "..there were three of us in his marriage, so it was a bit crowded.."

Sue, if you are reading this, enjoy this forum if you have the time. Let's have some harmless anonymous fun here.

Love you Sue. Always best friends & XOXOXO :smile: