• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My favourite Hong Lim chicken curry noodles stall owner dies.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The noodles is good but abit too oily for old man like me who needs to be mindful of cholesterol level.

do not be too worried about cholesterol
it is not the only factor that determines cardio-vascular events
there are many other factors
if you enjoy the curry mee, just go and give yourself a treat
do not eat in fear. do not eat in anxiety...be happy, be merry and be at peace ...

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If the food is served hot, unlikely to get food poisoning lah.

agree ..but those chicken thighs are left there resting on top of each other the whole day
and no gloves are used....the chicken meat is a wonderful place for bacteria to multiply...
of course hot curry might kill them...if you have a sensitive stomach, better don't take too often

the one at level one is better, cleaner and the curry gravy is more soupy......but usually no queue

I don't understand the long long queues for the one on the ground floor....the difference is really not much

but the price for both stalls has gone uP!!!

koKSia

Alfrescian
Loyal
try the one inside kopitiam near four horse road temple. the two big kopitiam facing the open air carpark. comparable to hong lim and bigger portion.

laksa

Alfrescian
Loyal
agree ..but those chicken thighs are left there resting on top of each other the whole day
and no gloves are used....the chicken meat is a wonderful place for bacteria to multiply...
of course hot curry might kill them...if you have a sensitive stomach, better don't take too often

So far so good, no cases of food poisoning. The hot curry sure does help kill some bacterias.

Hope they learn to use gloves - might pass bacteria from the bare hands to the chicken. And hope they learn to store food properly.

Proper food safe handling require food to be stored at 5 °C or below, and above 60 °C, which means since this is not served cold, they should store the chicken thighs in a heated container above 60 °C - you were right about chicken thighs are left there resting on top of each other the whole day is a wonderful place for bacteria to multiply..

Otherwise, the chicken curry noodles is delicious!

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Food_safety_storage

Food safety - storage

Summary

Incorrect storage of food can cause spoilage and food poisoning. High-risk food should be kept at 5 °C or below, and above 60 °C to avoid the 'temperature danger zone', where bacteria multiply fastest. Do not refreeze food that has been frozen and thawed once. Store raw food separately from cooked food.

Food poisoning is frequently caused by bacteria from foods that have been incorrectly stored, prepared, handled or cooked. Food contaminated with food-poisoning bacteria may look, smell and taste normal. If food is not stored properly, the bacteria in it can multiply to dangerous levels.

Beware of the temperature danger zone

Food-poisoning bacteria grow and multiply fastest in the temperature danger zone between 5 °C and 60 °C. It is important to keep high-risk food out of this temperature zone.

Take special care with high-risk foods

Food-poisoning bacteria can grow and multiply on some types of food more easily than others. High-risk foods include:

- Raw and cooked meat, including poultry such as chicken and turkey, and foods containing these, such as casseroles, curries and lasagne
- Dairy products, such as custard and dairy based desserts like custard tarts and cheesecake
- Eggs and egg products, such as quiche

jw5

Loyal
I mean I usually ask to add 50cts of each for extra toppings.
Chicken feet usually another $2 for 4.

I don't eat chicken feet with curry noodles, only like it with spicy sour salad.
There are a few chicken rice stalls which offer curry chicken noodles, but they don't have taupok or potato becos they are essentially a chicken rice stall and just managed to cook or get some curry sauce for the noodles. Usually not worth eating, as it is not really authentic curry chicken noodles which must have potato and taupok.