• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My favourite Cheng tung stall owner dies

Anytime

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
01b2b10f.jpg

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
2145.jpg

He was at his stall at Bedok Food Centre greeting the long line of customers with his usual "hello brother" and "hello sister" last Thursday.

Then, well-known hawker Andrew Lim Seng Ann, 58, of Ye Lai Xiang Cheng Tng suddenly collapsed and died of a heart attack.

Madam Yang Hussain, in her 50s, who works at a stall opposite his, described what happened.

"We were preparing food, as usual, at our stall, which faces the cheng tng stall.

"Suddenly, I saw a commotion at the stall. I saw that Ann had fallen to the ground. It got very chaotic because there had been a long line of people queueing at his stall right when he collapsed.

"People started calling for an ambulance. Others carried him outside the centre, set him down and tried to revive him until the ambulance came, but it was no use."

It was a tragic end to a man whose smile was something his customers looked forward to as much as the famous cheng tng he dished out.

Unfortunately, customers will no longer be greeted with this familiar smile when they visit his stall.

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually the food and drinks at Bedok Hawker Centre is more pricely than elsewhere. Wonder if its the rent