• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My CPF is Gone

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just went to CPF Board today to check my CPF and received this fucking news.

My CPF statement:

OA Retirement Medisave
$370 $92,000 $38,000

I am self employed and contribute of CPF $300/- every month, but my OA Acc received only $76/- the rest go into Retirement Acc (Max $95,000) and Medisave Acc (next year increase to $43,000).

If I have let say $10K in my OA I can take out only 2K, 5K go to medisave acc and 3K go to Retirement Acc. KNNBCCB, I can't even take out this $10k to pay for my HDB down payment.

Just assume if Pinky loong approved the 20% (Max) CPF withdrawal next year, nothing for me to withdraw. My CPF is Pinky loong's money.

Promise! any one allows me to take my CPF money I vote for him, swee bo? am selfish? I asked my son what should I do, my son reply "dad, who you have voted the last election?" :*:

Kangtangman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just went to CPF Board today to check my CPF and received this fucking news.

My CPF statement:

OA Retirement Medisave
$370 $92,000 $38,000

I am self employed and contribute of CPF $300/- every month, but my OA Acc received only $76/- the rest go into Retirement Acc (Max $95,000) and Medisave Acc (next year increase to $43,000).

If I have let say $10K in my OA I can take out only 2K, 5K go to medisave acc and 3K go to Retirement Acc. KNNBCCB, I can't even take out this $10k to pay for my HDB down payment.

Just assume if Pinky loong approved the 20% (Max) CPF withdrawal next year, nothing for me to withdraw. My CPF is Pinky loong's money.

Promise! any one allows me to take my CPF money I vote for him, swee bo? am selfish? I asked my son what should I do, my son reply "dad, who you have voted the last election?" :*:

Frankly I am not comfortable with the ruling party decides how our monies are distributed and when or how we get them. And about casting my vote in next election. I will vote for the opposition anytime. Reason is that these opposition may not have the "quality" but we need to give them the opportunity to gain that "quality". Looking at our new ministers performance by far, they are just as rooky as any opposition. The only differences are that the new ministers have the oppotunity to "practice" while on the job, while the opposition does not, in my opinion.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i thought CPF is the best system in the world?u guys should be happy what?ask u all are u willing to pay another 10% income tax so that every old folk in singapore can get a pension like in australia,$700 every 2 weeks,u want boh????

now give u CPF system ur money is urs to spend why u not happy?u ownself no money go and die lah!!!!

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, I've said many times that I'll vote whoever can address the Return Our CPF @ Age 55 subject in lumparliament....if no opposition or ruling party can offer a solution and address the original promise to return our CPF at age 55, I'll simply spoil my vote.

No point voting for anyone, for it makes no difference.

However, after some thought about this matter, I think it will make more sense to vote any Opposition into lumparliament and to do that so that the Opposition can wrestle the 2/3 majority that the ruling party has right now. In doing this, when the ruling party cannot get the 2/3 majority, then the opposition in lumparliament can make a difference by stopping the party whip from bulldozing any change in the constitution and any bills to be simply passed with just token wayang debate, like when Temasek Holdings was given the right to dip its hands into the reserves cookie jar to fund its investment projects.

If the opposition cannot win break the 2/3 majority now held by the ruling party, then 2015 or 2016 will be another election exercise in futility and a total waste of time again.

Frankly, the last straw to break the camel's back already happened and I'm totally pissed with the broken promise on returning our CPF at 55 and that concerns our money and how we wish to use it is our own business. Don't play play with our money, without our explicit permission.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

If you're self employed you don't need CPF. You can build your own nest egg.

Belgarath

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans should never count on CPF for retirement for much the same reason no sane American counts on Social Security.

You should save up for yourself with cold hard cash. CPF should be treated as a form of taxation. Whatever benefits you may receive from the account should be regarded as a bonus.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans should never count on CPF for retirement for much the same reason no sane American counts on Social Security.

You should save up for yourself with cold hard cash. CPF should be treated as a form of taxation. Whatever benefits you may receive from the account should be regarded as a bonus.

Who don't know? If one can be a billionaire, CPF is not even petty cash.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just fight for the Ret of CPF when u hit 55, as agreed. Simple! its your money and ur entitle to it. No beating around the bush and cut all the crap. Plain English no five foot way clause.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Social security was never intended to be the sole source of income for retirement. That's why there are ROTH and 401k accounts.

In sinkapore, we are sold that CPF is the sole source of our retirement income. Yet the government keeps most of the returns from our funds to itself and give us pittance. So, our CPF is depleting in real terms.

We should not treat the CPF as taxation because it isn't. The PAP should be lynched for robbing us of our retirement savings.

Belgarath

Alfrescian
Loyal
Social security was never intended to be the sole source of income for retirement. That's why there are ROTH and 401k accounts.

In sinkapore, we are sold that CPF is the sole source of our retirement income. Yet the government keeps most of the returns from our funds to itself and give us pittance. So, our CPF is depleting in real terms.

We should not treat the CPF as taxation because it isn't. The PAP should be lynched for robbing us of our retirement savings.

The government tells you CPF is the source of retirement and you believe them? CPF is just a tax system in which specific items like property can be paid for from a common pool of taxation funds. When you sell your property, the proceeds are returned to that common pool, and you have to top it up with interest from out of your own pocket. The CPF funds don't belong to you in principle even though there is an computer registry at CPF Board bearing your name and recording how much is supposedly under your name. If it truly belonged to you, it would be unconstitutional to withhold it from you.

Anyone who believed the PAP's lies that CPF enables you to retire ought to work to the day they die.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kaipoh, it's not gone. After you mati it goes to your daughter as cash.

As long as you cannot enjoy your own money while you are still alive, it is as good as gone. Who gives a fuck to future generations? Be more selfish and live for yourself.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kaipoh, it's not gone. After you mati it goes to your daughter as cash.
watz ze point? ... u dun even haf moni 2 spend now ... u tel u dotter, ah girl ah ... u gif ah pa $150k 2 spend now ... ah pa's moni in cpf got 150k, wen ah pa kick bucket, u can take back ...

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
As long as you cannot enjoy your own money while you are still alive, it is as good as gone. Who gives a fuck to future generations? Be more selfish and live for yourself.

Spot on! Vote PAP Out. At least there is a hope. Vote PAP...confirm no hope.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our our twist, Sam always said PAP is fair & equal, I think he still sleeping in the cock bush.

Frankly I am not comfortable with the ruling party decides how our monies are distributed and when or how we get them. And about casting my vote in next election. I will vote for the opposition anytime. Reason is that these opposition may not have the "quality" but we need to give them the opportunity to gain that "quality". Looking at our new ministers performance by far, they are just as rooky as any opposition. The only differences are that the new ministers have the oppotunity to "practice" while on the job, while the opposition does not, in my opinion.