• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Muud Veteran Songstress Reduced To Doing Food Delivery During Pandemic! Now Very Grateful To Deliveroo!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE - Ms Norhidayah Mohd Ali, 35, a singer at entertainment venues for 17 years, had her career disrupted because of the pandemic and eventually became a part-time food delivery rider with Deliveroo.

I remember I was doing a gig in March 2020 when the Government announced nightlife will have to shut in two days. On my last day of performing, I said to the customers: "We'll be back soon. Don't miss us!" I thought we would be back again in a few months.

During circuit breaker, it got stressful - finding a job was difficult because when I went for interviews, they'd say 'I see you sing all the time. You don't have the experience we are looking for.'

And it went on - six months, then eight months, I began to think there's no way nightlife is going to return.

Even though I took a course in online retail, it was hard for me to find a job. I tried working in dispatch, but I couldn't take it.

After I learnt from a friend who was doing food delivery how flexible it was, I decided to give it a try. I was nervous on the first day but I met a fellow rider who showed me how to complete the deliveries.

That was eight months ago and now, I'm used to it. I deliver on a motorbike. Doing delivery is a way of helping my husband, an engineer who is supporting our family, including my father, parents-in law and 14-year-old son.

There was once I was delivering food at about 1am to a condo when a customer, upon opening the door to receive his order, realised I was a woman and asked me what I was doing outside at this hour.

He asked me to wait awhile, came back with a $50 note, and told me to go back home and rest. I found that heartwarming.

I've learnt to be patient. Previously I always got angry at the smallest things. When I deliver food, some customers get agitated when their food is late. I know I cannot snap at the customers, so I've learnt to suppress my anger.

At home, I apply the same thing.

A few months ago, I started doing live-streaming for my singing from about 5pm-7pm, then I would deliver food from 8pm-2am.

Since restrictions have eased, I have returned to my live singing and will be doing that five times a week. I will be returning to my old workplace in Haji Lane and performing at places like Acid Bar.

But I have no intention of leaving food delivery and will do it on my days off. I enjoy doing it.

Because of Covid-19, the whole world changed just like that, at the snap of the fingers. I don't know what could be next. So I told my husband, I'm not going to leave Deliveroo. I will do it in my own time.

It has given me another option. So if anything happens to the nightlife scene, I know at least I have another way out.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ghtlife-scene-at-least-i-can-do-food-delivery

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1651587342393.png

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since restrictions have eased, I have returned to my live singing and will be doing that five times a week. I will be returning to my old workplace in Haji Lane and performing at places like Acid Bar.
Screenshot_20220503-232236_Chrome.jpg

Don't play play. Performing in acid bar & leestoran leequire skills KNN