• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Must boycottt this Hock Lam beef kway teow stall

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After going FL right? Haiz you guys all pretend to visit WP. But actually go that area visit Ah Gua and FL. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Who care about WP? Go Syed Alwi road must eat CURRY! :smile:

Just opposite Mustaffa are some vegetarian restaurants e.g. Ananda,..
Although I'm not vegetarian, it does makes an interesting change in one's diet

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
This new stall at B1 of Bukit Panjang Plaza sells his beef kway teow soup at $9.80 per bowl!

Pls boycott this beef kway teow soup stall who also has another branch near Far East Square.

This fucking greedy food vendor deserves to go bankrupt!

Last Friday I took my dinner at Rivervale Mall, Korean Saba Fish, $4.90
with the red chilli powder, after finishing the meal I realised the meal was a bit oily, finished the soup. as well.

2 hours later, I felt my stomach was uncomfortable feeling bloaded, indigestion.

1.30am woke up visit toilet had diarrhea, stomach still indigestion, told myself
good to vomit out b'cos the food just got stuck in my stomach, after short while all the saba fish and rice etc, threw out.

I felt so relieved, so Saturday I rest for the day.

Thou of telling the auntie who sold me the food than I thou sudah la,
forget it. She might think I want a free meal form her...People who are
staying at Rivervale heed my advice, don't take the Saba fish!!!

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
After going FL right? Haiz you guys all pretend to visit WP. But actually go that area visit Ah Gua and FL. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Who care about WP? Go Syed Alwi road must eat CURRY! :smile:

One thing I must warn is that area is where "birds don't lay eggs" and many stalls have high turnover. Some of the stalls mentioned by bros here already closed, I believe.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. I think it is at least $6 per bowl. Still more expensive than the rest.

They have one along Upper Serangoon Rd, near to Punggol Nasi Lemak in Mee Sek Food court.

Have eaten there, and don't think it cost $9.80 a bowl......don't eat, if it is too expensive...or look before you eat...:p

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Holy Shit, I just ate that an hour ago!

Last Friday I took my dinner at Rivervale Mall, Korean Saba Fish, $4.90
with the red chilli powder, after finishing the meal I realised the meal was a bit oily, finished the soup. as well.

2 hours later, I felt my stomach was uncomfortable feeling bloaded, indigestion.

1.30am woke up visit toilet had diarrhea, stomach still indigestion, told myself
good to vomit out b'cos the food just got stuck in my stomach, after short while all the saba fish and rice etc, threw out.

I felt so relieved, so Saturday I rest for the day.

Thou of telling the auntie who sold me the food than I thou sudah la,
forget it. She might think I want a free meal form her...People who are
staying at Rivervale heed my advice, don't take the Saba fish!!!

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's beef stall at hougang st 21, blk203....$5 with generous serving of beef but u hve to take de long Q though! Stall is in de coffee shop and it opens fr morning till afternoon 3pm! It's so much better than hock lam...

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Hock Lam Beef seemed to increase its price to $9.80 vs previous $8.80!
Dun go eat lah, anyway, ate there 8 years ago at China Square, nothing special, the owner is grumpy, asked for rice, he said dun have, knn.... never go there since.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good choice bro, I agree. Their beef balls are very nice too.
It's actually Golden Mile Hawker Centre on Beach Road, with some very good stalls.
There's the fried kway teow with lots of green vegetables 2 stalls away.
There's a very good fish soup on the ground floor and another one on the same floor as the beef noodles. Ayam penyet and tulang soup on the ground floor, chicken rice and hokkien mee as well.
There is also an excellent stall selling bak chor mee and lor mee on the same floor as the beef noodles.

You are talking about the beef hor fun stall few stalls away from the "healthy" char kway teow stall. Nice meh? Ate once, seeing the long queue and the old uncle trying his best to whip up a nice hor fun, but the beef was too cooked and the sauce was average. Even the deteriorating Geylang Lor 9 Beef hor fun taste better.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's beef stall at hougang st 21, blk203....$5 with generous serving of beef but u hve to take de long Q though! Stall is in de coffee shop and it opens fr morning till afternoon 3pm! It's so much better than hock lam...

Yes, that's good and always long queue. Haven't been there for a while. The last time I ate there it was only S$3! :mad:

jw5

Loyal
I had the opportunity to go to BPP a few weeks ago and had a look at the shop. Around 2pm. It was empty except one uncle and 2 aunties presumably Singaporean and comfortably well off, eating in the shop.

Took a look at the prices and without even looking at the detailed menu, I went upstairs to the foodcourt for fish soup.
Cheaper, better, faster, healthier.

If you want tasty beef noodles at reasonably priced hawker stalls, go to Golden Mile hawker centre or the hawker centre at Chinatown.