• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Muddy Waters releases report on Temasek's Olam - shares plunge 6%!

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
What Temasek and its goons are doing have opened a can of worms for them to be attacked from now on. I would do it if I am on the other side.
Yes, I understand.
But unfortunately, that's precisely what cunning hypocrites, such as Temasek/PAP, WANT people from "the other side" to do!

And there is not enough to offer the other side to look away otherwise.
Once again, that's precisely what Temasek/PAP want.
They want "the other side" to NOT "look away", so they deliberately offer NOTHING which would motivate "the other side" to "look away".

What they say and do is always different.
It's called the art of:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misdirection
which Temasek/PAP are good at, which is one big reason (among other reasons, of course) they've managed to retain power for so long.

Also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainwashing
which Temasek/PAP are trying to do, i.e. by sowing the seeds of CONFUSION in people's minds, both those who are for or against Temasek/PAP, so that by the time Temasek/PAP win again, everyone else will be too MENTALLY exhausted to understand, let alone resist, Temasek/PAP's actions and would rather just resign themselves to their fate and move on with their lives.

Besides, the opposition is simply too disorganised and disunited to ever be able to successfully overthrow the PAP.

By the way, when I say opposition, I mean the TRUE opposition, and I'm not referring to WP or NSP or SDP, etc.
Just as in the USA, the true opposition is not Republican or Democrat when either one happens to be the ruling party.
All these parties are just different sides of the same "democratic" coin, playing a role that helps give a facade of democracy:

For those of you who are still ignorant of the true nature of so-called "democracy"
www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?110718

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Juz threw 10 lots...to be on the cautious side...

This is precisely how Muddy Waters makes money. Let see if they have strong backing in Asia and who will win this tussle. Lastly, those in the industry knows that that Temasek is really not an investment arm so do not expect them to behave thinking that profit/loss is their utmost priority.

Disclaimer: I have no holdings of Olam shares nor do I plan to have any in the near future.

Last edited:

Xisiqomelir

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunny Verghese has literally zero legitimate reason to avoid accepting Carson's offer for MW to pick up the tab for their S&P debt rating.

There is, of course, the illegitimate reason that they don't want their paper to be publically labelled junk.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once again, that's precisely what Temasek/PAP want.
They want "the other side" to NOT "look away", so they deliberately offer NOTHING which would motivate "the other side" to "look away".

It's called the art of:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misdirection
which Temasek/PAP are good at, which is one big reason (among other reasons, of course) they've managed to retain power for so long.

Also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainwashing
which Temasek/PAP are trying to do, i.e. by sowing the seeds of CONFUSION in people's minds, both those who are for or against Temasek/PAP, so that by the time Temasek/PAP win again, everyone else will be too MENTALLY exhausted to understand, let alone resist, Temasek/PAP's actions and would rather just resign themselves to their fate and move on with their lives.

Besides, the opposition is simply too disorganised and disunited to ever be able to successfully overthrow the PAP.

By the way, when I say opposition, I mean the TRUE opposition, and I'm not referring to WP or NSP or SDP, etc.
Just as in the USA, the true opposition is not Republican or Democrat when either one happens to be the ruling party.
All these parties are just different sides of the same "democratic" coin, playing a role that helps give a facade of democracy:

For those of you who are still ignorant of the true nature of so-called "democracy"
Aiyoh, don't try to confuse everything together. Temasick is investment, pap is politics. PAP uses PA and NTUC for politics, but not temasick.

The case is muddy water vs olam. Temasick has to be worried because of high profile and large investment into olam. In fact before muddy water make noise, olam shares already down quite a lot over past 2 years, although general market indices was doing well in same period. Investors have been showing their doubts, and muddy water is only hastening the eventual end.

Undeniable that temasick reputation is that of medusa. Better keep a wide berth.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Undeniable that temasick reputation is that of medusa.

Disagree. They are just unusually naive for an entity managing billions of dollars.

Ask yourself this, if a Temasek executive receives gratification from his "suppliers", would he be charged for corruption with the same standards applied on civil servants?

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ROFL. You think Leegime so all reaching? ROFL. Even in USA it is the same. We live in the real world. Usually dictatorial governments believe they can do things that do not illicit responses from the masses or can break the laws of physics. Go ahead. They may be trying to misdirected. But they are more likely misinformed. Seeking power is the same globally. Temasek is small machiam. Want to play the big boys in the world with the spastics they have watch.
Misdirect the power mongers in EU USA China and India? You are a blind masseur who holds a rust blade deluded to think you are a swordsman. The quick trigger is more definite than the slow blade.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Disagree. They are just unusually naive for an entity managing billions of dollars.

They are playing with other people's money. And are paid obscene amount of money to do so. No need to careful, no need to do thorough research. Lose, doesnt matter. Money will come in again.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ask yourself this, if a Temasek executive receives gratification from his "suppliers", would he be charged for corruption with the same standards applied on civil servants?
Medusa, once the target investment and her locked eyes, the target turns into worthless rock. And you disagree with this:confused:

Temasick monkey business possibility is likely limited, as most of investments are in large public listed firms. Try looking into GIC private equity deals. You have to wonder why till now that book is still top state secret. What are they hiding? I heard even the staff are kept in silo, as in they can only see the investments under their respective department, only the top level gets to see entire book.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Medusa, once the target investment and her locked eyes, the target turns into worthless rock. And you disagree with this:confused:

Temasick monkey business possibility is likely limited, as most of investments are in large public listed firms. Try looking into GIC private equity deals. You have to wonder why till now that book is still top state secret. What are they hiding? I heard even the staff are kept in silo, as in they can only see the investments under their respective department, only the top level gets to see entire book.

If you keep it too secret from the rest of the world, it becomes impossible to benchmark, and therefore will be put in the same category as a columbian lord drug fund. Very simple. What LKY and Leegime thinks is irrelevant. I am telling you what the world thinks and they control the game. Leegime and Lee are just dogs who are made to perform like somebody important - makes a good clown show. I always have great joke sessions when overseas with foreign intellectuals.

Last edited:

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Numbers don't lie!

MuddyWaters.png

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today Olam plunged another 8.5c or 5.31% to close at 1.515c despite Temasek coming forward to underwrite Olam's bond and right issue for $1.5b.

With so much of uncertainty hanging over Olam's huge unrated debt ($9.5b) which is junk in status, its share price can only go south.

Stay short on this counter.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today Olam plunged another 8.5c or 5.31% to close at 1.515c despite Temasek coming forward to underwrite Olam's bond and right issue for $1.5b.

With so much of uncertainty hanging over Olam's huge unrated debt ($9.5b) which is junk in status, its share price can only go south.

I recall a number of private bankers selling s$ olam bonds in Singapore and the region. Touted as high return low risk because temasick bought a lot of the shares. There must be a lot of angry bond investors and worried bankers this Christmas.

Temasick is stuck. If don't rescue olam, then it loses a few hundred mil in shares plus unknown amount in olam bonds. If rescue olam, it does not know the real quality of underlying assets. I don't think there is even a single analyst on temasick investment team who has worked in a real farm before.

Surprising that temasick is keeping mum while undertaking to take up olam rights issues. There seem to be internal concern over the quality of olam assets, as otherwise temasick could have provided a simple loan to olam immediately.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

You were right (as were most times before). A dead cat bounce!

monkey110

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thank you. :smile:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any idea how to borrow Olam shares from CDP for purposes of shorting? I have a trading account with UOBKayHian.

In Singapore, to short, you need to open CFD account. In any case, most CFD operators are out of Olam stocks for shorting at the moment. Not suprising.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In Singapore, to short, you need to open CFD account. In any case, most CFD operators are out of Olam stocks for shorting at the moment. Not suprising.

can do same day naked short if one wants. not that im recommending it

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Down 5 cents (3%) and attempts being made to hold at support level. Technically, everything is pointing down, down, down.