• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MP says "Lesser mortals" envious of Tan Yong Soon

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
MM,
Do you know that this CC, lived not far from the 'village'...the estate next to the Post office. Must have forgotten, he was once a 'lesser mortal'....like the rest of us.

:rolleyes:

Hi Hal,

Do you mean he lived at the Munshi Abdullah area? If this idiot had been brought up in that area then I am sure his parents were teachers and they surely didn't do a good job teaching, inculcating in and imparting to him humility and language skills.

This "Greater Moron" needs to be skewered and roasted like a suckling pig because of his crassness and imbecilic propensity! No thinner needed for this job! Slow burn over a high heat is what is needed!

I was really embarrased to be Singaporean because of what is happening and now I am downright ashamed of being one (not that I had a choice, but you get my drift I'm sure) if we continue to have such indignant and totally insensitive people who are allegedly leading this country.

Now we know the power of the internet and CC should know better too. With this, netizens are going to have a field day and really go on a hunt and declare all out war on such peculiarities.

One should be asking if this is a widespread mindset among the PAP leadership too since the Wee Shu Min incident, they are indeed showing their inclination to talk down to the average Sgean yet beg them for their votes.

This harkens back to GCT telling an Eurasian lady off that he didn't need her vote back then when she said, "If you don't listen to me I will not vote for you", as he did a walkabout in Cheng San GRC, do you remember?

His reply was that of a high and mighty person that was indispensible who couldn't be bothered with the problems of the average Sgean. This is very much akin to what CC has said.

Also what needs to be asked is if this mindset was brought about by their cast iron rice bowls and their entry into Parliament by way of default and being unchallenged.

What is more troubling is that is this kind of mindset borne out of the perception that they are irreplaceable and are leaders as of right?

The "God Complex" comes to mind, that they are infallible, indispensible and "mightier than thou".

Perhaps it is indeed time to deal them a crushing defeat and to get them back on the ground since their decades of high-flying (by the grace of mere lesser mortals no less) has left their heads so firmly in the clouds that they refuse to even acknowledge that spending what would be a year's salary for the average Sgean on a whim is not callous and totally arrogant.

Sheesh!

On a lighter note, CNY is coming up, have you gone to buy your bak kwa from the "village" shop yet?

Cheers,

MM

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Voting for Charlie Chong is like voting Wee Shu Min

wsm-5.jpg

Would you vote for Wee Shu Min??

Dear Ah Guan,

I will never vote for either.

We need to ask questions now as to whether this is the prevailing mindset of the PAP and its MPs.

Do they think they are greater than the average Sgean and do they honestly think they are in their positions by virtue of hard work or by political affiliation?

The time has come for us to question the PAP group think mindset the time is now to remove the status quo and to ask questions each time.

The internet is now the most powerful tool we have. We must use it to embarass and put them in their place and make it clear that they are here to serve us and not we, them.

Cheers,

MentisMortis

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Hal,

The "God Complex" comes to mind, that they are infallible, indispensible and "mightier than thou".

Perhaps it is indeed time to deal them a crushing defeat and to get them back on the ground since their decades of high-flying (by the grace of mere lesser mortals no less) has left their heads so firmly in the clouds that they refuse to even acknowledge that spending what would be a year's salary for the average Sgean on a whim is not callous and totally arrogant.

Hi
I take comfort for the fact CB charles will eventually die. The question is, how is he going to die? A natural death would be such injustice for a man of his calibre.

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi
I take comfort for the fact CB charles will eventually die. The question is, how is he going to die? A natural death would be such injustice for a man of his calibre.

Hi Oli,

I agree. he should end up like the matriarch of the famiLee, be lying in bed in a total vegetative state and as he wastes away but fully aware that the days are passing him by but death is not even at his doorstep.

Oh how he will pray for death to come quickly, I am sure but the Angel of death being an Immortal would like to see this Greater Mortal eat his words.

Afterall, greater mortals and must suffer greatly more(tal) than others.

I wish him the most painful and inexhaustively prolonged death throes ever.

Cheers,

MentisMortis

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prof-CharlesChong.gif

For someone putting himself at God's level, it is kind of hard to see his Halo......:( Did he lose it somewhere?

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Its hard not to be disappointed in a country and its system whereby " Gov of the people by the people for the People' somehow became " Gov of the elites by the elites for the elites. "

I just can't understand how the discreet elite quiet mandarin of Ngiam and others have morphed into the loud brash conspicuous consumption of this current batch. Mind you the last Admin scholar that got her name into the press was slated to be a PAP MP or minister but alas her husband got caught having an affair :_)). Grapevine has it that the current director of MAS will become the next civil service head after Peter Ho

Privilege or Entitlement ? There are elites in the US, elites in the UK, there will always be the privileged and more well educated in any society even in a classless one like Mao's China or Russia.

Yet the elites in the US that serve like Obama, like Paulson, like Greenspan see themselves as servants of the people and I believe consider it a privilege to serve. I can't see that of our elites or the elites as collected as leaders by the PAP.

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Grapevine has it that the current director of MAS will become the next civil service head after Peter Ho
Yes,, see your contacts are good as well. This guy is good. Down to earth and bright. Leo Yip would be second.

Privilege or Entitlement ? There are elites in the US, elites in the UK, there will always be the privileged and more well educated in any society even in a classless one like Mao's China or Russia.

Yet the elites in the US that serve like Obama, like Paulson, like Greenspan see themselves as servants of the people and I believe consider it a privilege to serve. I can't see that of our elites or the elites as collected as leaders by the PAP.

Locke
The whole concept is topsy turvy here. Usually the chap has done or accomplished something significant or his father or mother did something. Imagine a non-entity such as Charles Chong in the large scheme of things using term "lesser mortals" Its says a lot.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
after seeing this, i rather vote for any tom and dick of the opposition than any of the pappies dog.

they bloody din realise what went wrong during the last election when the support of the people drop so drastically.

its really time for change of gov

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
after seeing this, i rather vote for any tom and dick of the opposition than any of the pappies dog.

they bloody din realise what went wrong during the last election when the support of the people drop so drastically.

its really time for change of gov

They will ask u a simple question.
"where are their track records?"

:biggrin: :o :biggrin:

Ian6690

Alfrescian
Loyal
I, for one, will make it my mission to remind every single person I know of about electing people who term us as "lesser mortals" come election time!

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL
i will say i am looking at your current report card

"i don't know who i am voting for, but i know who i am voting against"

vamjok

vamjok,

This is the best and most intelligent answer to the question. Wanted to up your points but system does not permit.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Hal,

Do you mean he lived at the Munshi Abdullah area? If this idiot had been brought up in that area then I am sure his parents were teachers and they surely didn't do a good job teaching, inculcating in and imparting to him humility and language skills.

Try not to buy 'bak kwa', this year, I have just gone to the 'village' recently, the wet/food market had been renovated. Met a 'villager', mind!, how old that person is looking now, and time really flies.

You got the wrong Post Office, not the Munshi Abdullah, Tagore side, but the other Post Office.

It is a pity how status can change a person's perspective in life, guess; when he was younger, and living near to the Post Office; he would not be saying things like , 'lesser mortals'. For they were 'lesser mortals'!!!

I never forgot those, dancing over-aged POM POM GIRLS, greeting GCT as he arrived ( his grassroots) in one of the election centre, some elections back; as seen on Live TV. The election afte rthat, the pom..were removed...just imagine, how crass they were!.

Are we lesser mortals, or envious?:p