• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MP Material - Lessons learnt

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In simple words Sylvia Lim by her logical extension supported all these MIW sue sue here and sue sue there of sammyboyforum /Scroobal,Yawning bread and so on.

What are you talking about?

Read my lips. In that context that she was referring to, she was talking about general civil and criminal law enactment, enforcement and judicial administration. Defamation laws make up less than 1% of those. If you know laws, you'd know that Singapore defamation laws are almost identitical to those in US, Canada, UK, Australia, NZ etc. It's just that they don't resort it so frequently and politically. Sylvia is a lawyer. She addressed it perfectly sensibly and logically from a legal POV. If you're unhappy, go see those who resort to it on whimps and fancies and outbreaks of outrages, e.g. LKY, GCT, LHL etc.

It's like, I can sue you but I don't sue you versus I can sue you and I sue you. And you go and blame another person for getting sued.

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
well i gather warren never wanted to be on the political desk when he returned fm oxford...apparently he craved to be on the foreign desk but was told that he had to be on the political desk...

By the way you need to put your hand-up to take on the political beat. Its not national service. Lets me give you one example - former SPH Journalist Sasi, sorry can't remember his full name who is heavily in the arts and culture scene and starting the sub-station. This guy is very intelligent, politically astute etc. you cannot hold a gun to his head and ask him to write a political piece acceptable to the editor. He is not the only one. There are many that never put their hand up and covered other areas.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
You remind me one gentleman in NUS, well read, highly respected in his field, very engaging until the subject of his ex-wife comes up. He goes ballistic and you can't stop him.

If you are implying my agenda is personal.Let me state categorically nothing makes me more happy than Sylvia Lim coming clean.

As I said repeatedly that I for one wants to be proven wrong for the sake of democracy in Singapore.

But against my own liking my logical deductions had repeatedly been proven right.

I was right about Yaw,not this month but months ago.
I was right about kojakbot aka Richard Wan not this week but months ago.

There are many more but the above can be proven since such records of my intrinsic suspicions exist in this forum....all written way way before the sagas exploded.

Madam Sylvia,if you are reading this.Mam,please come clean.Your supporters like @Ramseth is only adding more fuel to the fire by their inept slippery and side stepping the core issue bordering on obfuscation.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ever watch a conversation with LTK or Chiam and Singapore journalist. You can see that they are not talking to the journalists but thru the journalists to their editors. Its a very sombre feeling for a new journalists to realise that they are messangers and have little standing by themselves.

JBJ and CSJ however lacked that ability and ended being confrontational. JBJ also had the habit of passing snide remarks when dealings with civil servants who may or may not support the PAP. Bro, seriously better stick to patrol, this is not your forte.

Classic good observation. LTK and CST always, in not so many words, delivered the message to the ground journalists, tell this to your senior editors, then see how. :wink:

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dont think u r entirely correct on this one...i suggest u go read the fwd in one of jbj's books by the late QC who came to act for JBJ in one(cld hv been more than one?) of his many defamation cases where the silk appeared to illuminate the biasness in which the local judiciary applied the law in local political defamation cases...

If you know laws, you'd know that Singapore defamation laws are almost identitical to those in US, Canada, UK, Australia, NZ etc. It's just that they don't resort it so frequently and politically. Sylvia is a lawyer. She addressed it perfectly sensibly and logically from a legal POV. If you're unhappy, go see those who resort to it on whimps and fancies and outbreaks of outrages, e.g. LKY, GCT, LHL etc.

It's like, I can sue you but I don't sue you versus I can sue you and I sue you. And you go and blame another person for getting sued.

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read my lips. In that context that she was referring to, she was talking about general civil and criminal law enactment, enforcement and judicial administration. Defamation laws make up less than 1% of those. If you know laws, you'd know that Singapore defamation laws are almost identitical to those in US, Canada, UK, Australia, NZ etc. It's just that they don't resort it so frequently and politically. Sylvia is a lawyer. She addressed it perfectly sensibly and logically from a legal POV. If you're unhappy, go see those who resort to it on whimps and fancies and outbreaks of outrages, e.g. LKY, GCT, LHL etc.

Obviously you lips overhangs your whole body.

The subject matter by the International Bar Associations symposium held at Suntec in Singapore, was Human rights, democracy and the rule of law . This matter arose particularly because opposition figures such as JBJ and Dr.Chee impressed upon IBA to hold this forum.

So why is Sylvia Lim lecturing the who and who of the legal fraternity of the globe on ,as in your words, she was talking about general civil and criminal ?

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dont think u r entirely correct on this one...i suggest u go read the fwd in one of jbj's books by the late QC who came to act for JBJ in one(cld hv been more than one?) of his many defamation cases where the silk appeared to illuminate the biasness in which the local judiciary applied the law in local political defamation cases...

I don't have to read it. I attended the trial all four and a half days. George Carmen SC (acting for JBJ) did put up a very good defense, but reduced to only mitigating quantum by Thomas Shields QC (acting for GCT) who successfully established that however migitated the damage was, defamation it stood.

At the third day, Carmen had all but conceded defeat but fighting on the grounds on mitigating the damage all the way from S$2 million to S$1 token damage in bargaining. Law is law. Process of law is process of law. It was settled somewhere in between. A good lawyer can only do that much to save one from further damage or penalty. Both sides were represented by QCs. Justice Ravindran gave a fully accounted for judgment. So how? If represent opposition is good QC but represent PAP is bad QC? That's prejudice and prejudgment. That's the political and legal cancer bedeviling all whom think everything PAP must be wrong.

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
wrong case...not the one involving the late gorgeous george...another case(s)...

I don't have to read it. I attended the trial all four and a half days. George Carmen SC (acting for JBJ) did put up a very good defense, but reduced to only mitigating damage quantum by Thomas Shields QC (acting for GCT) who successfully established that however migitated the damage was, defamation it stood.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So why is Sylvia Lim lecturing the who and who of the legal fraternity of the globe on ,as in your words, she was talking about general civil and criminal ?

What human rights don't you have fellow Singaporeans have but want to have. Rights to riot on the streets?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Web.sasi.2.jpg

T. Sasitharan

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't have to read it. I attended the trial all four and a half days. George Carmen SC (acting for JBJ) did put up a very good defense, but reduced to only mitigating quantum by Thomas Shields QC (acting for GCT) who successfully established that however migitated the damage was, defamation it stood.

George Carmen was an authentic QC, not your pathetic SC.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry for my typo, I meant George Carmen QC versus Thomas Shields QC of course. Anyway, my full admiration for Carmen, he made the best out of it and should bear no blame. He was a humorous guy too. He passed me a Dunhill ciggie downstairs at breaktime and I told him it was no smoking in all court compound, whether upstairs or downstairs. He replied, what are they going to do about it? Summon us for smoking? S$50 or S$100? He's here on a S$2m case pro bono. Pass the summon to him and he'd settle it, pro bono. JBJ laughed, lighted and puffed too. The grand exit after we finished smoking and went back to courtroom was when he asked, have you watched Basic Instinct. He learnt that from the movie. LOL!!!

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
What human rights don't you have fellow Singaporeans have but want to have. Rights to riot on the streets?

By Sylvia lim logical extension, did Singaporeans want Mr Chia Thye Poh's three-decade detention? Did Singaporeans want the media to be completely under the thumb of the PAP? Did the people support the manipulation of the electoral process?

Try to write legibly please.No more gibberish.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By Sylvia lim logical extension, did Singaporeans want Mr Chia Thye Poh's three-decade detention? Did Singaporeans want the media to be completely under the thumb of the PAP? Did the people support the manipulation of the electoral process?

Try to write legibly please.No more gibberish.

Yes, legibly, hope you're literate and numerate, 60:40 is still majority. 100% unanimously? You go try campaign for it.

Last edited:

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like everything in life, there are always lessons to be gleaned.

please learn how to shut yopur mouth if you dun wan to swallow shit and apologise.....

This thread is a joke.

Every-time,I mention the same about Sylvia Lim.

Scroo comes down blazing with his iron rod hammering it down.

What can one say about the quality of Madam Sylvia Lim as the head of opposition against PAP?

At least Yaw's fault-line is what most man cannot control...the urge to sow his wild oats.

How to explain Sylvia fornicating hypocritical urge to defend PAP against all odds ?

If had a chance to choose between Yaw honest arrogance and Sylvia hypocritical humility. I choose honest arrogance .

.I have wrote many a times as below.Only that you ran away from refuting me;once under Scroo instructions...any way for the benefit of other forumers here;-

Isn't it obvious ,if the head stinks;you expect the rest of the bodily function any better?

you are a fuckin joke... why dun you reply to my thread

I didn't say she'd be writing anything about me, I said us, as in WP as a party generally.

you up Tessa ????

If you are implying my agenda is personal.Let me state categorically nothing makes me more happy than Sylvia Lim coming clean.

As I said repeatedly that I for one wants to be proven wrong for the sake of democracy in Singapore.

But against my own liking my logical deductions had repeatedly been proven right.

There are many more but the above can be proven since such records of my intrinsic suspicions exist in this forum....all written way way before the sagas exploded.

Madam Sylvia,if you are reading this.Mam,please come clean.Your supporters like @Ramseth is only adding more fuel to the fire by their inept slippery and side stepping the core issue bordering on obfuscation.

DUA PAO XIAN>>> you wer quiet duyring Yaw saga and now you wan to claim credit... please eff yourself...

you are not different from scoo and GMS

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal

why should she sexplained you ...

who are you ...

you are as mad as the thread starter who ask minister VB to swear oath to him...

get a fucking life both of you mad losers

LOLOLOLOLOL

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, legibly, hope you're literate and numerate, 60:40 is still majority. 100% unanimously? You go try campaign for it.

Sad that semi literates like you defends Sylvia Lim in this forum.No better than court peons trying to fit themselves into bigger shoes by memorizing some legal jargon.I know of this legal clerk who utters "sine die" in every one his breath,Giving himself the pompousness of a learned counsel.

You are no better than such charlatan.Coming out in defense of Sylvia with guns blazing as if you understood the matter in hand but degenerate into uttering meaningless rambling, confused, pointless, irrelevant, illogical, and right down silly talk cock session.

I sincerely hope a more knowledgeable person with the wisdom and depth comes forward in defense of Sylvia Lim.Leaving such matters to idiot savants like you who cannot tie their shoelaces but can recite the value of pi to the three thousandth place;only in your case, there is a little savant and a whole lot of idiot --.Holding a pointless discussion with you is really a disservice to Sylvia Lim ,who deserves the company and services of enlightened people.

If Sylvia indeed keeps company with such inbred ignoramus idiots like you than she deserves what she is getting here,

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt he resisted and probably oblighed. I notice that he and Cherian never resorted to the journalism that is associated with the Chua sisters. I also have a lot of time for Zuraidah who was political editor before Chua LH. As you know Zuriadah comes from a well known family and does feel beholden to the political leaders. The Chua sister came from a very poor background and feel that the PAP saved them and provided for them.

well i gather warren never wanted to be on the political desk when he returned fm oxford...apparently he craved to be on the foreign desk but was told that he had to be on the political desk...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, I don't think its personal. You just obsessed with WP and just aiming for the most capable in WP. You really need to move on. You must have repeated this so many times.