• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mp lily neo: I cant help s'poreans when there is too much red-tape surrounding cpf

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://therealsingapore.com/content...-when-there-too-much-red-tape-surrounding-cpf

Untitled_26.png

MP for Tanjong Pagar GRC, Lily Neo posted to facebook yesterday evening that she felt “down” after her meet-the-people’s session that day.

She explained that she felt sad because she could not help unhappy residents because of the existence of some regulations.

One of the issues she highlighted was about CPF where one elderly resident was unable to withdraw his funds due to the minimum sum requirement.

She explained that she had sent an appeal letter to CPF but they just replied that they need to stretch retirement savings to fund members’ living expenses in retirement and so there is a requirement for the minimum sum.

Currently, the minimum sum is already set at $148,000 so those without this amount in their CPF accounts at age 55 cannot withdraw whatever money they do have in CPF until the drawdown age.

The drawdown age is 63 but by 2018, this will be raised to 65. Upon turning this age, residents can receive monthly payouts from their retirement account.

This can sometimes be a problem for residents who need cash between ages 55 and 65. If they do not meet the minimum sum, despite working all their lives, they may not be able to touch any of that.

Because the retirement fund is managed by the government’s CPF board, it is impossible for citizens to get much flexibility to suit their needs. It’s another example of the government acting as a nanny and doing what they believe is ‘best’ for the citizens by forcing them to save until retirement.

The problem here is that such blanket policies do not cater to the individual needs of CPF members at all and as a result, many are left high and dry.

It’s a policy that many Singaporeans oppose saying that the government should trust the people to manage their own money. Even their own PAP MPs see it as a silly and inflexible policy which causes them sadness.

Here is Lily Neo’s facebook post in full:

Meet-the-people session tonight left me with 'down' feeling seeing unhappy residents that I could not assist due to regulations in place. One such example was that one resident tonight was unhappy with me because I could not get CPF to allow him to withdraw his savings.

According to the reply from CPF board, the minimum sum (MS) Scheme, members who turned 55 between 1 July 2005 to 30 June 2006 need to set aside MS $90,000 in their Retirement Account (RA), of which $45,000 must be in cash and the remaining $45,000 may be in the form of a property pledge. For those who turn 55 after July 2015 the MS will be $120,000.

CPF explained, in reply to my appeal letter, that the savings in the RA are meant to provide members with a regular income to meet their retirement needs from their drawdown age. In view of the aging population and longer life expectancy for Singaporeans, the RA savings need to be stretched for as long as possible as they may be the only source of funds which members can turn to for financing their living expenses in the old age.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Mp lily neo: I cant help s'poreans when there is too much red-tape surrounding cp

If Ms Ah Neo wants to undo the Con People Fund red tape can she afford to repay all of Santa Claus HoHoHo Chink loses? hahahaha

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Mp lily neo: I cant help s'poreans when there is too much red-tape surrounding cp

If she believes the vault is not empty, i am very sure she believes in Santa Claus.

Brubeck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lily Neo is such a sweetie ...... but I prefer Nicole Seah :wink:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

1. Temasek needs the money more than you stupid peasants.
2. With all the bad investments...u think you can withdraw before you see your coffin.
3. You withdraw then PAP got no hold on you.
4. A simple retirement fund made so complex just to cheat ordinary peasants is a con job.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. Temasek needs the money more than you stupid peasants.
2. With all the bad investments...u think you can withdraw before you see your coffin.
3. You withdraw then PAP got no hold on you.
4. A simple retirement fund made so complex just to cheat ordinary peasants is a con job.

You think the Sinkie got BALLS like the Thais or not? hahahahahahahahahahaha

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

cannot rest in peace.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The rot in CPF started way back in 1984, 29 years ago.

The problems were foresaw by Dr. Toh and because it was not nip in the bud, CPF and Medisave, now have morphed into a ponzi and sub prime combine scheme.

Dr. Toh Chin Chye's 1984 parliamentary debate on deferring of CPF withdrawal age.

Unfortunately, the Report of this Committee on the Problems of the Aged has tried to solve this complex problem by touching on the Central Provident Fund as if that were the only solution, very much the way that the Minister for Health went about trying to solve the problems of the sick by using Medisave and taking off 6% from the CPF to collect monies which is spent by patients in the hospitals.

The reason for all this uneasiness on the problems of the aged is related to the CPF.
The problems of the aged have been forgotten because you are touching people’s savings. I related in the debate on Medisave how the Government could cover the cost of the entire operations of the Ministry of Health from revenue earned by the Ministry of Health plus the 2% payroll tax, without touching on savings.

You have created a precedent. You have touched savings for Medisave.
I abstained from the vote. Others have agreed.

So the Minister for Health says, “Well, I have got one nut. Now I can get two nuts.
How do I solve the problems of the aged?
There was no great opposition to touching the CPF.
Now I shall solve the problems of the aged by dipping into the CPF.

There are many countries that are facing this problem.
It is not unique in Singapore.
No political problem is new for Singapore.

The Minister for Finance is extremely concerned with the amount of money being locked into CPF, reducing the liquidity in commercial banks.
I think that is a very genuine concern which, as the Minister for Finance, he ought to be very worried out.

He should not allow his Minister for Health to dip into the CPF or to increase the CPF, because this is a social problem that is popping up.

It must be thought out in breadth. We must have a vision which encompasses breadth.
Do not have tunnel vision. I would like to know that we have got telescopic vision.

But, Mr Speaker, I have never had the problem of tunnel vision, and that is, looking at a problem along just one line without bothering, or researching in depth, the impact on other areas.

So the problem we should ask ourselves is this.
As the deposit in the CPF grows and grows, our balances in the CPF will grow, and when we withdraw that sum of money, will we suddenly have overnight millionaires as retirees? How many of them are there?

Will it generate inflation?

I do not think it will be, because if two-thirds of the balance are withdrawn for purchasing houses and only one-third for retirement, therefore it is less of a concern that raising the age to 60 or 65 will mean that we will be controlling consumption by the private sector.

What is irksome is this: that the Government is using people’s savings and telling them how to spend their savings. That is the nub of the problem.

Mr Speaker, I think fundamental principles are being breached.

The fundamental principle is this.
The CPF is really a fixed deposit or a loan to Government, which can be redeemed at a fixed date when the contributor is 55 years old.

If I were to put this sum of money in a commercial bank and, on the due date I go to the bank to withdraw the money, the manager says, “I am sorry, Dr Toh, you will have to come next year”, there will be a run on the bank!

It is as simple as this, that the CPF has lost its credibility, the management of it. This is fundamental. You were taken by surprise by Medisave.

Then they say,
“6% of your Special Account will be kept for Medisave and you cannot withdraw that, even if you were to die.”

Now I ask the Minister for Health, and I asked him last time, whether his word is binding on future Ministers.
Neither will the Minister for Labour’s word be binding on future Ministers for Labour.

Can any Government or any Minister guarantee that in future years a law will not be passed that will say, “All Special Accounts in the CPF cannot be withdrawn until you die”?
Your Special Account now is up to 10%; 6% Medisave, 4% for what?

So unless you use the CPF to buy property, your money is in real danger of being kept under lock and key by others, not under your own lock and key.

This is the nub of the problem – the credibility of the management, gradual encroachment into the purpose of the CPF which was instituted really to provide for retirement.

Mr Speaker, as a senior citizen, I am beyond the decision of the Committee whether my withdrawal age should be 60 or 65.

Mr Howe Yoon Chong (Minister for Health): You have already withdrawn yours?

Dr Toh Chin Chye: I have withdrawn mine.

But in fairness to my constituents and to others who have not yet reached this age, I ask “Do you wish me to speak, or do you wish me to be dumb?” They say, they are against this.
So I have to explain to them the problems that they will be facing and, most importantly, some of them tell me this.

They are not going to squander their money on world-wide trips to see Mickey Mouse in Disneyland.
Some married late.
By the time they retire at 55, their children are due to go to junior college or the university.
Many of them are banking on this sum of money to cover the cost of their children’s higher education.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have nothing against Dr Lily Neo as I find her chio!!! and soft hearted.

However below is the caption for Dr Lily Neo: I am sorry I cant help singaporeans as there is too much red tap.
However, I refuse to resign since I cannot help singaporeans because I still want the salary to maintain my lifestyle!! I want to set my hair and sit on the first row in Parliament!

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

According to Internet Troll - Kopiuncle, CPF is the safest account in the world.

So safe till u cannot draw out your own money! lol

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

You can tell long stories of what happened and what did go wrong with why your Sinkie CPF became this way.

But it does nothing to save you if you do not undo it when you can, to save yourself and even for the sake of your kins burdened to you in the future.

Which is what many now and many more to follow, would realise their folly.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

According to Internet Troll - Kopiuncle, CPF is the safest account in the world.

So safe till u cannot draw out your own money! lol

Even a 150 year old Lehman Brothers bank can collapse overnight, only retarded sycophant Kopi can have this kind of blind faith.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If Ms Ah Neo wants to undo the Con People Fund red tape can she afford to repay all of Santa Claus HoHoHo Chink loses? hahahaha

Fucking hypocritical to the extreme.

The red tape all done by the fucking PAP so no need to give out money which is not theirs in the first place but robbed from Sinkies

Then do a fucking wayang wayang cannot give out money because of the red tape.

BALLS TO ALL PAP MAGGOTS COCKROACHES

BY THE TIME WE GET TO THE MONEY, WE FIND THE MONEY ALL GONE GONE GONE AND THE PAP BASTARDS LAST SEEN LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THEIR FUCKING BANKS.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lily Neo,

Ever thought that the red tape was set in place to discourage any form of help ?

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lily Neo,

Ever thought that the read tape was set in place to discourage any form of help ?

Help?

You die, your own biz, Sinkie.

And you deserved it.

For being BALLESS! LoL

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lily Neo,

Ever thought that the read tape was set in place to discourage any form of help ?

To the PAP, unless you jump through the hoops, grovel before them and crawl between their legs, you probably don't need help.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

To the PAP, unless you jump through the hoops, grovel before them and crawl between their legs, you probably don't need help.

And even then, you do not get any help from the PAP bastards.
What are fucking sinkies to them?

The PAP despise sinkies as being so fucking stupid as to vote and vote for them despite their clearly telling lies after lies to all of us
and fucking and cheating and robbing us of our money.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have nothing against Dr Lily Neo as I find her chio!!! and soft hearted.

However below is the caption for Dr Lily Neo: I am sorry I cant help singaporeans as there is too much red tap.
However, I refuse to resign since I cannot help singaporeans because I still want the salary to maintain my lifestyle!! I want to set my hair and sit on the first row in Parliament!
http://forums.delphiforums.com/3in1kopitiam/messages?msg=74568.2

rojakpore says:

MP for Tanjong Pagar GRC, Lily Neo posted to facebook yesterday evening that she felt “down” after her meet-the-people’s session that day.

pls lah so pretentious....

dun tell me after donkey yrs being a white scum lackey then finally a white scum mp, now then she suddenly realized the very white scum party she belongs to for the longest time has installed so many red tapes to screw true pink singaporeans?

or she realized long ago but she decided to "torture" herself, drown her sorrow by continuing the collecting of monthly mp allowance?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

The big question is... Is the vault really empty?