• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Motor Insurance SCAM !

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
If two claims renders you unable to drive.What the fuck is insurance for?The root of the problem is in the excessive claims by unscrupulus claimants and car repair shops in cahoots...The insurance company are unwilling or sits too comfy to scrutinize this menace.

...In any event they usually up the premium the momment a claim is filed.It is really unfortunate if you hit another car behind.Why?Because there are syndicates who prowl the highways for victims--to force young drivers into such accidents.How do I know.?....A traffic police man told me so.

Oct 30, 2009
MOTOR INSURANCE
'Banned' after three claims
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr></tr> <tr></tr><!-- headline one : start --> <tr></tr><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></tbody></table> <!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--> <!-- more than 4 paragraphs --> I REFER to last Friday's report, 'Road tax offences creeping up again', which missed one reason motorists do not renew their insurance: Some, like me, cannot, although I tried.My insurer, AIG, bounced back my renewal application, citing 'claim experience' as the reason for rejecting it. When asked, I was told that AIG would not renew policies on which two or more claims had been made and this was what was meant by the phrase.I made three claims this year and this put me in that category. Worse followed. Subsequent applications to other insurers were rejected as well, and I now face the exasperating situation of being part of the statistic quoted in Sunday's report.If the number of claims is a principal criterion in approving motor policies, why are insurers not upfront about it?Should the industry not see it as its moral responsibility to be transparent and educate motorists on their rights and obligations, as well as the unintended consequences of claim issues? Such education may in no small way help instil a culture of careful driving and even mitigate the excessive claims plaguing the industry.In just two days and at one fell swoop, AIG wiped off my 25-year record of driving, because of one year in which three claims were made.The days to my road tax renewal are numbered and increasingly I do not seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel, despite my appeal to all those prospects not to cast me out and prejudge me as a repeat offender.
What does the industry, and the Land Transport Authority, have to say?
Ong Choon Kee

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its about time that the relevant authorities should do something about the motor insurance companies. They are 'cartelling' and behaving like rogues knowing full well that motorist MUST have valid motor insurance when renewing their road tax.
These unfortunately motorist who had made claims, abeit legitimately, are at the mercy of these insurance company who resort to 'BLACKMAILING' by dictating the amount of premium that these poor motorist had to pay. They bloody know that, with the blessings of our so-called watchdogs or government authorities, that if the motorist refused the 'blackmail' premium cost, they can NEVER find another insurance company to obatin a motor insurance.
These unscrupulous people in this industry should be taken to task and the Land and Transport Authorities (LTA) should not simply penalize motorist who had problems obtaining motor insurance due to such 'blackmailing' tactics by THE motor insurance companies. LTA and other relevant watchdogs or government agencies should not 'act dumb' and 'pretend' that such unscrupulous practices are not happening in the car insurance business.

Posted by: dragonovic at Fri Oct 30 09:24:47 SGT 2009

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
three claims in 1 year !!!...

think about it....

Here is your answer---"AIG wiped off my 25-year record of driving, because of one year in which three claims were made."

So you mean insurance company earns 25 years of his premiums and just because of 1 bad year --to fuck off?

What than is the basis of an insurance company?---Is it not for the simple reason to spread risks across so that not only the unfortunate suffers?

Please read up on how insurance came about to exist.

Insurance company do not exist for profiteering sake.At least that is what the intent and the purpose for an insurance company to exist.

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must be a good tank driver.

He would not have been on the road for 25 years if he is....Pleeeaz lah.Three accidents in 1 year can happen to anyone...Nobody wants an accident ;as the saying goes ''you may be dead right and yet dead''.....

Accidents just happens without telling you.That is why it is called accidents..Unless otherwise he is a reckless driver.Than the court decides if he is one.Only than the insurance company has both the legal and moral rights to bar him from driving; by not renewing his insurance.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
three claim ish alot~!

I see that you and 'metteosg' just joined this forum to post your 1 st post in this thread.Are you from the PAP propaganda wings?

Tell me what is PAP's vested interest in motor insurance.Are such insurance a test ground for CPF insurance scams?...Like say 2 claims on sickness and you are fucked.!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Problem can be solved by getting e.g. spouse or sibling to be named as driver and buy the insurance.

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is the writer talking about comprehensive or third-party insurance? I think the writer may still be able to get third-party insurance.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are such insurance a test ground for CPF insurance scams?...Like say 2 claims on sickness and you are fucked.!

Medical insurance has stated claim limits (itemised and total). So it's not a matter of the number of claims, it's the amount claimed. Reach the limits and you're "f*cked".

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
One can run into a dozen accidents if the fault is not his.Now the billion dollar question is; who adjudicate this?So there goes the argument of how many accidents per year is dat just too much.

Of course,this does not concerns an insurance company regardless since they are obliged to pay.But the question here is did the insurance company put a quantum or the number of claims to the insured before accepting to insure his motor?...so that one can play according to the rules ...or take his business to another insurance company who can offer better..So you see effectively we have a cartel here--the rule being tail I win head you loose.

Besides,how much say does an insured have in a fraudulent claims...does the company consults the victim? Nah ! it just choose to pay out of convenience and penalise the victim...what a double whamy !

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
If you are sick, can't help it. If you claim 3 times a year on your car insurance, you are a fuck-up driver.
3 accidents in a year can happen to anyone. I had back to back accidents in one week. Wet weather and the front car suddenly jam break. "Matteosg" - you should not be so cock sure on such matters. It may happen to you too.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
He would not have been on the road for 25 years if he is....Pleeeaz lah.Three accidents in 1 year can happen to anyone...Nobody wants an accident ;as the saying goes ''you may be dead right and yet dead''.....

Accidents just happens without telling you.That is why it is called accidents..Unless otherwise he is a reckless driver.Than the court decides if he is one.Only than the insurance company has both the legal and moral rights to bar him from driving; by not renewing his insurance.

Why he can't buy insurance from other company?

UseYourBrain

Alfrescian
Loyal
Insurance company do not exist for profiteering sake.At least that is what the intent and the purpose for an insurance company to exist.[/SIZE]

Hehe what a joke. If they were meant as what you said, how then can those insurance CEO n their managers go yatching on a fully paid tours. Don't forget the private jet they use. They are social worker.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Serve him well 3 accident cause by him in one year mean he tailgating to near and speeding a lots. If I were the insurance company I will not selling vehicle insurance under his name for next 5 years.
The only way to insure him car is to change owner name on the car to his family members.

lancerglxi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sounds fishy.....3 claims in one year?