• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Most cheebye cockup of the year

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Misspelt the name of the president TWICE! Like this acceptable or not?! U say la!

image-1879889315.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Answer for this? Ask first who sinkies vote for? Accountability my lanjiao.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Answer for this? Ask first who sinkies vote for? Accountability my lanjiao.

This is gross insult to sgian
NO sgian will ever misspell Yusof so it must be that F Trashes brought in by MAS Ravi were behind the gross insult to our 1st Prez......most likely Ravi's relatives from India with usual fake degrees!!
Basic proof reading, copy writing oso cannot perform correctly - want to do MAS complex tasks!!!? Resign please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lucky didn't misspell LKY name, otherwise the person in charge will kena 灭三族.

It's only Yusof Ishak, some small-timer m&d, a token Malay face who gets a prominent cushy job to appease the raucous Malay-Muslim community and also to keep up the illusion of meritocracy in Singapore. :wink:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Such a simple task and yet MAS blew it. Imagine the many errors they will commit for something more complex. Maybe they need to engage a proof reader in MAS.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
35781933_-_20_08_2015_-_plmoney21.jpg

A spokesman for MAS said it is now printing stickers to replace the misspelt part of the name.ST PHOTO: LAU FOOK KONG​

PUBLISHED AUG 20, 2015, 9:40 PM

SGTUPDATED AUG 20, 2015, 10:25 PM

SINGAPORE - The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) made an embarrassing gaffe in the newly-launched SG50 commemorative notes sets by misspelling the name of Singapore's first President Yusof Ishak twice in the packaging.

The name that appears on the folder and in an enclosed booklet is Yusok Ishak.

A blurb explaining the design of the special $50 note reads: "The front design features Mr Yusok Ishak, our first President."

The late President's portrait is on both the $50 and $10 commemorative notes. The notes, which were launched to the public on Thursday morning, do not contain errors.

Mr Ravi Menon, Managing Director of MAS, which issued the sets, said on Thursday that he took full responsibility for the spelling mistake.

"This should never have happened, is not acceptable, and I take full responsibility. I apologise on behalf of my colleagues who worked hard to prepare the notes and folders but are deeply disappointed that we made this most unfortunate mistake. We will put this right," he said.

MD%20Ravi%20Menon.jpg

Mr Ravi Menon, Managing Director of MAS

A spokesman for MAS added it is now printing stickers to replace the misspelt part of the name. The stickers will be affixed to the folders from next Tuesday.

The commemorative notes can be exchanged at face value at nine major retail banks including DBS Bank/POSB, Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation, and United Overseas Bank.

Those who have already got the commemorative notes may also obtain the same stickers from the banks.

Already, some people who managed to get the commemorative notes sets on the first day are trying to sell it for a profit.

A Straits Times check found at least 50 listings of the note sets for sale on e-commerce platform Carousell.

A set is worth $100 as it contains one $50 note and five $10 notes, but some Carousell users had marked up the price of one set by between $18 and $100.

Some users were also trying to sell the folder packaging without the notes, saying the packaging is "limited edition".

MAS is printing a total of 20 million pieces of the $50 notes and 75 million pieces of the $10 notes. There are also 2.8 million specially-designed folders available, although each person can obtain a maximum of two folders.

The MAS said on its website that there are enough notes for Singaporeans, who are given priority to exchange their old notes for the new ones from now till Sept 30.

Each individual is allowed to obtain only five sets of the new notes.

Pearl Lee

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
20150820-commemorativenotes-st.jpg

MAS made an embarrassing gaffe in the newly-launched SG50 commemorative notes sets by misspelling the name of Singapore's first President Yusof Ishak twice in the packaging. The name that appears on the folder and in an enclosed booklet, is Yusok Ishak. A blurb explaining the design of the special $50 note, reads: "The front design features Mr Yusok Ishak, our first President."

Photo: The Straits Times

The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) made an error in the newly launched SG50 commemorative notes sets by misspelling the name of Singapore's first President, Mr Yusof Ishak, on the packaging.

It is spelt on the cover fold and enclosed booklet as "Yusok Ishak".

A blurb explaining the design of the special $50 note reads: "The front design features Mr Yusok Ishak, our first President".

The late President's portrait is on both the $50 and $10 commemorative notes.

The notes, which were launched yesterday, do not contain errors.

Mr Ravi Menon, managing director of MAS, which issued the sets, said last night he took full responsibility for the spelling mistake.

"This should never have happened, (it) is not acceptable, and I take full responsibility. I apologise on behalf of my colleagues who worked hard to prepare the notes and folders but are deeply disappointed that we made this most unfortunate mistake. We will put this right," he said.

A spokesman for the MAS said it is now printing stickers to replace the misspelt part of Mr Yusof Ishak's name. They will be affixed to the folders from Tuesday.

Those who have already exchanged their old notes for the new ones may also obtain the same stickers for their folders from nine banks, including DBS Bank/POSB, Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation and United Overseas Bank.

But Mr Jason Teng, 37, who obtained 15 sets yesterday, was not bothered by the error.

"I wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't pointed out to me. I care more about the note than the packaging," said the jeweller.

He added candidly: "The error might even turn the commemorative set into an even more rare collector's item."

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is not a simple case of whether there was a proof reader.
The concept, the artwork, etc must have been seen by at least 10 senior
people but none of them caught it. It means that:

- these highly people don't give a shit about their responsibiity;
- everyone ASSUMES (making an ASS of U and ME) that somebody else was doing their work;
- these highly paid people may have seen it, but totally clueless of who/how important the matter/person was

To compound the problem they want to print stickers for buyers?
Are we going to have our embassies distribute these commemorative sets to other govts?

It is obvious that the MAS CEO still does not realise the seriousness of the problem and
tries to get away with "I hold myself responsible" bland statement and in the same breath
tells us how hard they have been working on the project?

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will hazard a bet that the design firm that made this folder with the typos most probably had a FT designer and text creator (filipino, indian, etc…) who would never in a million years suspect something wrong with the name….anyone who knows malay/muslim culture somewhat would spot something amiss right away.

The CEOs apology was pretty lame too……unacceptable, shocking, my responsibility…but Im not quitting….who gives a fuck about such an apology….sounds like crocodile tears.