• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More threats.....

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
People's Action Party's (PAP) former candidate Eric Low fired the first salvo at the Workers' Party (WP) in the battle for the single-member constituency (SMC) of Hougang.
Low was one of the ten guest speakers at a rally on Saturday evening in support of the party's candidate Desmond Choo, 33, who will be contesting in the ward. Choo will be going up against WP's candidate, 34-year-old businessman Yaw Shin Leong.
Rebutting WP's chief Low Thia Khiang statements that the ward is not a slum, Low said that it is the contrary.
"My answer to Mr Low Thia Khiang is yes, it (Hougang) has become a slum. The word slum means downgrading," he said to slight cheers from the 1,000-strong crowd.
Low also made a comparison of the HDB flats of Block 1 and 2 to the ones in Block 20 and 21, saying that if residents could not see the difference, then "we are blind".
"Let me share with you that for the last 20 years, your home, residents of Hougang, has been downgraded because of the poor maintenance and upkeep.
"I have been here for the last 12 years and I know it, because you complain to me that certain rubbish stays for days before they are cleared outside your house. Is that not true?" he questioned.
Adding that he had also received complaints that the car parks in the constituency are poorly maintained, Low advised residents in the ward to "make a wise move" come Polling Day, saying that "the time has come for the change".
He also sent a warning message to voters of Aljunied GRC.

This is how losers behave.....tsk,tsk,tsk..

jw5

Loyal
Maybe by using such strong words, he is trying to sabo Desmond.
In Aesop's Fables, this is called "Dog In The Manger". :biggrin:

youallhumsup

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kelong at it's best. :eek::biggrin:

image.php

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had an assignment in Hougang that required me to be there twice a week. I was shocked at the state of disrepair the ward was in, and said to myself, 'it must be the end of WP and LTK.'

I then realized that the badly maintained area was actually in ALJUNIED GRC.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah... cos' he's jealous that this Desmond guy has better chance than him... sounds more like saboing that guy than helping him

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes many MIW estates are terrible.

Any photographer can go take picuters NOW at HDB blocks in Chin Swee Road and post them here quickly?

You guys will be shocked. Also quite a few others. Worse than PP amd Hougang. Go to Chin Swee and have a look now before they read this.<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems PAP still has not realised threats of no upgrading does not work anymore. The market is at all time high, property values is not something people worry about now. Peasants worry about escalating costs and indiscriminate intake of FT. Clearly they are so out of touch that they has lost grasp of issues.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Hougang is a slump, the residents would have voted out LTK along time ago. Get real Eric and please dun insult the intelligence of the electorate in Hougang and Singaporeans in particular.:mad:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about this result just before nomination day? Can Hougang Clementi be Singapore's Barcelona which was supported by the Republicans during the Spanish Civil War, as opposed to the Real Madrid which had the support of fascist dictator Franco?

S.LEAGUE
25 Apr 2011
Tg Pagar 0:5 Hougang Clementi
1930hrs

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
After losing out to the Workers’ Party at the last general elections, Mr. Eric Low “decided that he would stop being taken for granted by Hougang residents.”

I like to believe that in the world of politics, there are few self-sacrificing politicians willing to continue wasting time and money on communities that would not vote for them despite receiving many benefits off them. As in what happens in economics, transactions only take place if it would make both parties better off.

Obviously, Mr. Low had made the wrong calculations during his campaigning. He probably did not realise that what the residents needed were something more meaningful than little food treats and promises of upgrading. As a result, the residents benefitted from his free breakfasts, while he did not get his much coveted seat in parliament. Since these tactics didn’t work, there was no point carrying on doing it, as the residents of Hougang were just gaining at his expense.

eric low : CCB!:mad: hougang ppl bluff me. eat my free breakfast but no vote for me :oIo::oIo:

eric low u r a fucking CB sore LOSER!!!

jw5

Loyal
01/12/02 Real Sociedad 2 - 1 Barcelona

23/01/94 Real Sociedad 2 - 1 Barcelona

To be frank, no way i would have betted on RS. :biggrin:

I started a thread on football betting at SG pools in the other folder.
Most welcome to discuss tips and ideas there. Doesn't have to be match-by-match, just general will also be interesting. :wink: